Gambino 1960's Chart (in progress)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JoelTurner
Full Patched

Re: Gambino 1960's Chart (in progress)

Post by JoelTurner »

Insabella died in September 1991
JoelTurner
Full Patched

Post by JoelTurner »

bn wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:09 pm Here are the guys I have for Perrone and Paterno in 1960:

Frank Perrone (51y)
William ‘Big Willie’ Amendolace (42y)
I've seen Amendolace listed in the Lombardozzi crew, not sure.
Amendolace lived at 1239 36th St in Brooklyn; he most probably wasn't in this New Jersey crew
JoelTurner
Full Patched

Post by JoelTurner »

Chris Christie wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:53 am Michael Giacalone, "Mikie"

Closest match is one born 17 Dec 1922 in Newark NJ and passed on 18 Jun 2008

FATHER: Anthony Giacalone
MOTHER: Grace Giacalone

MAP OF HOME IN 1940: Newark,Essex,New Jersey
STREET: Fourteenth Avenue
HOUSE NUMBER: 298

NAME: Michael Giacalone
RESIDENCE YEAR: 1957
STREET ADDRESS: 50 Vermont av
RESIDENCE PLACE: Newark, New Jersey, USA
SPOUSE: Lois Giacalone
PUBLICATION TITLE: Newark, New Jersey, City Directory, 1957

There are two Antonino Giacalones in Newark, one set is from Marsala but not the right guy, there's another one from Paceco which I believe is the father of Michael. Antonino's father Melchiore came from Vita.
Here’s something interesting: the Giacalone family and Salvatore Lombardino & his family lived at the same address.

Both families were living at 298 14th Ave, Newark, NJ. This was Mike’s census info at that address:
(https://www.ancestry.ca/discoveryui-con ... 20629:2442)

I haven’t really looked at Antonio Giacalone yet but this is an interesting connection.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The Giacalones in Detroit had their paternal heritage from Mazara del Vallo which is part of that Southern Trapani area not far from Gibellina where the Lombardinos were from. A lot of those surnames show up in villages throughout the region. Maybe something to it but I've never heard of this Giacalone.

Great find.
JoelTurner
Full Patched

Post by JoelTurner »

B. wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:14 pm The Giacalones in Detroit had their paternal heritage from Mazara del Vallo which is part of that Southern Trapani area not far from Gibellina where the Lombardinos were from. A lot of those surnames show up in villages throughout the region. Maybe something to it but I've never heard of this Giacalone.

Great find.
I could be wrong, but this Antonio Giacalone - married to a Grace and living in Newark - seems to be from Salerno, Campania, Italy
JoelTurner
Full Patched

Post by JoelTurner »

This was Mike Mandaglio

Perrone Crew

MICHAEL ANGELO MANDAGLIO
(Skinny Mike, Mandaglia, Madalia, Madala)
DOB: Sep 1 1920
POB: Rosarno, Italy
F: Rocco Mandaglio
M: Carmela Lombardo
W: Marie Lombardo
Address: 11 Via Vitale, Kennelworth, NJ
Previous Addresses: 256 S 7th St, Newark, NJ; 10 1/2 Cleveland Ave, Harrison, NJ
Death: Dec 25 1990 at Kennelworth, NJ

——

Was originally a part of Antonio Paterno’s crew but was put with Frank Perrone after a dispute.

Was feeling “left out” of local 394 while Joseph Sferra was the delegate. Major figures like Carlo Gambino and Sam Accardi agreed with him.

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Angelo Santino wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:19 am But going into this I expected the Gams to have more Calabrese but nope, they are decentralized and there's no "cluster" of guys from any particular area, unlike the Naps who came from Sassano or those from the Molise region. So what was Albert's faction?
Which Gambino members were specifically from Sassano?

Sassano was the hometown of the Colombo Abbatemarcos and of the (Southside) DeStefanos in Chicago. Sassano is next to Teggiano and Sala Consilina, which had significant colonies on the Southside of Chicago. Ralph Buglio (who may have been a Chicago member in the 30s) and Pat Marcy had ancestry from this area, and Michele Merlo’s naturalization was witnessed by a tavern owner from Sala Consilina. Later, in the 80s, there was a string of nasty murders in Chicago tied to group of immigrants from Teggiano connected to the mob.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Sassano-

Michael D´ALESSIO
Alexander D'Allessio
John D'Allessio
Thomas Anthony DeBrizzi
Alexander DiBrizzi

Salerno (prov)
Anthony ANASTASIO Amalfi
Michele Caiazza Angri
Michael Angelo Bove Consilina
Michael GIULIANO Laviano
Andrew Ferraiola Oliveto Citra
Rudolph Pipolo Piaggine Soprane
Rocco Mazzie Roscigno
Frank Luciano Salerno
Benjamin Magliano Salerno
Michael Sedotto Salerno
Peter J. Tortorello Salerno
Angelo Vinci San Gregorio Magno
Sabato Muro San Valentino Torio
Gennaro Mancuso Sarno
Aniello Mancuso Sarno
Nunzio Joseph Squillante Sarno
Michael D´ALESSIO Sassano
Alexander D'Allessio Sassano
John D'Allessio Sassano
Thomas Anthony DeBrizzi Sassano
Alexander DiBrizzi Sassano
William Charles Cottone Sicili
Anthony Lawrence Bonomo Vietri sul Mare
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Slightly off topic, but wonder who was the acting underboss when Albert Anastasia was in the Army from 1942-1944? Most of his time was in Tennessee and Pennsylvania.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

So Anastaisa was 39 when world war 2 starts. That's a little long in the tooth isn't it?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:39 am Slightly off topic, but wonder who was the acting underboss when Albert Anastasia was in the Army from 1942-1944? Most of his time was in Tennessee and Pennsylvania.
Good question. Maybe Toto Chiri since he was helping the admin run the Family in the 1930s and became official underboss for a time in the 1950s.
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:58 am So Anastaisa was 39 when world war 2 starts. That's a little long in the tooth isn't it?

Pogo
If you mean, why did Anastasia enlist at his advanced age? Of course, many of these guys are patriotic, but part of Anastasia's motivation may have been to gain American citizenship. According to Allan May's Gangland Gotham, the US government offered foreign-born American residents an accelerated citizenship process for enlisting in the armed forces during the Second World War. (While in the army, Anastasia trained GIs to be longshoremen.)

Anastasia enlisted on July 30, 1942, was granted citizenship on June 29, 1943, and was discharged on November 12, 1944, for being overage.

Given his legal troubles and terrible public reputation, I wonder if he would have received citizenship otherwise.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I was quoting Tony Soprano but great info Ed. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I was quoting Tony Soprano but great info Ed. :mrgreen:

Pogo
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:10 pm I was quoting Tony Soprano but great info Ed. :mrgreen:

Pogo
Usually, I pick up on your joke quotes, but that one fooled me. :lol: