Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

Re: Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Post by Antiliar »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:38 pm
Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:06 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:39 pm
Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:28 pm In other words, you won't trust anyone but Capeci because you're biased. Any other researcher's sources are to be automatically dismissed because they're not Capeci's sources.
Capeci has decades and decades of mob journalism under his belt, and has a proven track record with his sources (albeit it seems his sources have slowly dried up over time). Time and time again, his sources - both LE and on the street - have been correct more often than they have not, and when his sources are wrong he is quick to amend them. Especially in the '90s, Capeci's day-to-day reporting of things like the Colombo War were later proven correct in federal court. Even today, he is often the first to reveal cooperating witnesses in a case, upcoming indictments or grand jury investigations.

Burnstein and his sources might be 100% right about the Bonanno situation; should he be proven right, his credibility will go up. As of right now, in my view, Burnstein has not built up the same sort of resume and track record as Capeci. That doesn't mean Capeci is infallible - the Dennis DeLucia thing comes to mind, where he inaccurately reported that DeLucia had was cooperating with LE, and then amended it the following week. But I think when researching the mob and analyzing the quality of source information, we have to put Capeci higher than Burnstein. No disrespect to Burnstein, I would put Capeci ahead of just about every active NY mob journalist.
That's fair. It's also far from just outright dismissing sources from other researchers because they don't happen to be Capeci. I can't speak for Scott's vetting process, but I can speak to my own. Nowhere did I state that I know for a fact that my source's info is 100% accurate, but based on what I know about him it's enough to take his information seriously. I shared because I thought those with an interest in Chicago would be interested. But some like Wiseguy dismiss all that without evidence just based on his own bias.

Getting back to Scott, I think he's doing basically the same thing. He has a source that he personally vetted for credibility and shared the source's inside information with his readers because he thought they would find the information interesting. Scott confirmed what he could (like the shirt), but the rest will have to wait and see.
How did Scott confirm the shirt thing? I must have missed that.

But yes, I think we're basically in agreement here. I am rooting for Scott to be vindicated, for an indictment to come out or for other news outlets to pick it up. With most of the mainstay mob journalists retiring or nearing retirement, it's good to have a fresh face exclusively covering the present-day mob.
Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:06 pm And since it's been mentioned, I don't think Capeci not mentioning the story isn't a good reason to dismiss it. There's many reasons why Capeci hasn't mentioned it. Maybe he doesn't have relevant sources. Maybe he sees Scott as a competitor. Or maybe he just doesn't want to step on Scott's toes. There's many possible reasons. In the end it's just an argument from silence.
I haven't seen much in the way of Capeci's street sources recently, but he has always been pretty clued up on the Bonanno family. Was he the first to report on the Bonanno funeral brawl? That would indicate he has relevant sources to this situation. I think most of his sources today are in LE, which is why he still has a knack for predicting upcoming indictments or outing the names of CWs. Due to the recent LE attention on Mancuso - as someone mentioned, Capeci covered Mancuso this week's GL - you would think Capeci would have caught onto this. With all due respect, I also don't think Capeci is neglecting to cover this because he sees Scott as a competitor or doesn't want to step on his toes. I don't think that has ever been a factor in Capeci's journalism; traditionally, multiple news outlets cover events from every angle, and Capeci frequently collaborates with other journalists and hosts their articles in some of his GL articles.

I agree with you that Capeci not mentioning the story isn't a good reason to dismiss it, but I would contend that Capeci would be and has traditionally been the main guy to cover this stuff, especially the recent Bonanno affairs over the past few years.
As B wrote earlier, the shirt's been confirmed. We can't say more. Sometimes because of the delicate nature of a situation additional supporting evidence can't be released. It's frustrating, but I hope you understand.

Yes, Capeci is the main guy, especially on contemporary New York happenings. I've appreciated his work for many years. I was just putting out possible reasons since I, like you, don't know why he hasn't covered it yet. For reasons I can't share I can say that I'm confident in the gist of what Scott wrote but have no opinion on some of the details. Since you don't know what I know I understand a certain degree of skepticism. Skepticism is fair and I tend to be skeptical myself. I appreciate you keeping an open mind.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:15 pm
Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:29 pm First, I'm not angry, but I am annoyed. Second, sorry, but I'm not buying the "great claims" nonsense. I specifically asked you what evidence would you accept and you never answered. You say you want "great evidence," but you won't tell me what kind of evidence you would accept. It obviously can't be something that would endanger the source, so I don't know what kind of evidence you expect.

Third, have you ever read an FBI file? They're full of information that can't be corroborated. They just say something like the CI advises this or that. They try to verify what they can, but often it's not possible. You see those charts with dozens or hundreds of names? Sometimes a member is said to be made or part of a crew on the word of a single informant. Besides that, you do know that people are convicted of crimes based on the testimony of just one person all the time, don't you? At any rate, we DO vet our sources before sharing their info. Speaking for my Chicago source, your damn right I vetted him. But I can't share how I vetted him because it would endanger him. Should I put that vetting evidence out on the forum to satisfy your curiosity and get my source killed? C'mon.
You're a good guy, everyone respects you. None of this is personal, not from my book. To you or Scott.

Salut friend.
Thank you Sonny. All I ask is that you don't outright dismiss us and keep an open mind. I don't know if Capeci will ever write about the Cammarano situation so I wouldn't hold my breath. He may at some point, I don't know.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:30 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:15 pm
Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:29 pm First, I'm not angry, but I am annoyed. Second, sorry, but I'm not buying the "great claims" nonsense. I specifically asked you what evidence would you accept and you never answered. You say you want "great evidence," but you won't tell me what kind of evidence you would accept. It obviously can't be something that would endanger the source, so I don't know what kind of evidence you expect.

Third, have you ever read an FBI file? They're full of information that can't be corroborated. They just say something like the CI advises this or that. They try to verify what they can, but often it's not possible. You see those charts with dozens or hundreds of names? Sometimes a member is said to be made or part of a crew on the word of a single informant. Besides that, you do know that people are convicted of crimes based on the testimony of just one person all the time, don't you? At any rate, we DO vet our sources before sharing their info. Speaking for my Chicago source, your damn right I vetted him. But I can't share how I vetted him because it would endanger him. Should I put that vetting evidence out on the forum to satisfy your curiosity and get my source killed? C'mon.
You're a good guy, everyone respects you. None of this is personal, not from my book. To you or Scott.

Salut friend.
Thank you Sonny. All I ask is that you don't outright dismiss us and keep an open mind. I don't know if Capeci will ever write about the Cammarano situation so I wouldn't hold my breath. He may at some point, I don't know.
Dude, you've been a good friend to Scott, argued well on your position, and I, and all here, have nothing but respect for you.

I get your position. And its valid. Nothing but kudos to you mate.

You're the last guy on this board, who's posts I'd 'dismiss'.

And to echo Gohn. I'm rooting for Scott. Hope I'm wrong, and the first to eat mine if I am.

Cheers ears.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Don't get your panties in a bunch. I like this shit. Keeps me entertained. No one can be capeci or george a. Also people keep posting the articles because I will not be buying but will read. Long live mike nose reign.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Mancuso was recently seen wearing a Fila tracksuit which was a reference to the 80s which was a reference that he is going to do a Vic and Gas on his family.But for real even people on youtube comments are calling him out and these are people who dont have as much knowledge as the average black hander
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:53 pm Also people keep posting the articles because I will not be buying but will read.
Can't post the entire paywalled articles (is frowned upon by the professional writers on here and I defer to their judgment on this matter) but I will keep up with the little Cliff Notes versions of them I've been posting for sure.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

I spoke w capeci last week. What he told me he asked to keep off the record and because him and i always talk i dont want to betray his trust and say exactly what he said but I can tell u he for sure knows this is out there. You can believe me or not. Dont care either way. Will still sleep 9 good hours
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

i believe what scott says 1000 percent. all of you naysayers will be proven wrong and look very stupid.

do you really think he cares what a couple of anonymous shitbags say about him?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

CornerBoy wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:40 pmi believe what scott says 1000 percent. all of you naysayers will be proven wrong and look very stupid.
Doesn't bode well for Scott.
All roads lead to New York.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Cheech wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:03 pm What he told me he asked to keep off the record and because him and i always talk i dont want to betray his trust and say exactly what he said but I can tell u he for sure knows this is out there.
Wait what do you mean by "knows this is out there" exactly? Is aware of the story circulating, or do you mean something else?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

It’s clear to see as to why so many on this forum do not believe Scott’s claims.Just reading about what Scott is saying shows why.
I’m feeling very skeptical but we are all waiting for Capeci to confirm this, well, we are waiting for some form of corroboration.
With Mancuso’s recent parole violation, I’m surprised nothing about this has been mentioned, from what we know.
I guess that this shows that Capeci is still the number one guy in this business
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:26 pm
CornerBoy wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:40 pmi believe what scott says 1000 percent. all of you naysayers will be proven wrong and look very stupid.
Doesn't bode well for Scott.
that acerbic wit again. Who writes your material? But you just reminded me, i'll be in Park City area in Two weeks.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Ivan wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:53 pm
Cheech wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:03 pm What he told me he asked to keep off the record and because him and i always talk i dont want to betray his trust and say exactly what he said but I can tell u he for sure knows this is out there.
Wait what do you mean by "knows this is out there" exactly? Is aware of the story circulating, or do you mean something else?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

CornerBoy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:52 am But you just reminded me, i'll be in Park City area in Two weeks.
A frozen hell of overpriced art galleries and coffee shops full of hipster douchebags.
All roads lead to New York.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Pogo, Wiseguy, and anyone else, questioning Scott and anyone else on BHF is supported, I am a firm and true believer that no one should be above being questioned and challenged, but the sly remarks and the out right disrespect stops now. You want to take shot at Scott, GraveYard. No longer will this be allowed in here. Let me make this clear, Scott is a respected "Original BH member", as much as anyone else on here including you two. Enough of the childish back hand comments towards Scott, it has gotten real old. You want to challenge his articles or statements ask him directly. If he responds, you all can debate like adults, if he doesn't respond, move on. You two of all people talked the most shit about Pic, and how he use to throw his weight around at the old RD, and how that played a role in destroying that place, fast forward to 2023, and that's exactly what you two have become here, you two just do it in a round about way. I respect all of us Originals here, and I know, we are all good for this place, this place is the best, because of ALL OF US, but let us all be reminded, no one member here is bigger than the forum, I have no qualms putting anyone, and I mean ANYONE, on the self for a few weeks/months/years, if that is what needs to be done. If you force me down that road, on My Word, I won't hasitate.....Sol