General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

AntComello
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by AntComello »

PolackTony wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:17 am
chicagodog wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:34 pm PolackTony who’s Spina’s driver these days, I seen him up at Salerno’s couple of times. He was with Spina the night Aberdeen got shot yo.
I just want to be clear here that I am NOT Christy Spina’s driver lol. In fact, I was in the Bronx, NY, on the night that a guy got shot in front of the Aberdeen Tap and nowhere near Chicago. Not sure if this was a typo or referring to someone else, or what, but I have no affiliation whatsoever with any of the Spinas.
Lmao I was so confused when I read chicagodogs post
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:19 pm
Coloboy wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:57 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:33 pm
Coloboy wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:06 pm I realize that this may be a tough question to answer, but does anyone have insight as to whether Solly D, Jimmy I, and Mike Sarno were all imprisoned together in the mid to late 90's? Furthermore, any clue if they would have been able to meet/interact during this time?

My hunch has always been that when Sarno took over as day to day boss sometime in the mid 2000's, he was really working on behalf of Solly and Jimmy. Or in other words, the Cicero crew had taken over control of the outfit ops as a whole with Sarno being the guy on the street but the other two calling the shots. If they were all imprisoned together, this would make this all the more likely. Jimmy and Solly D always struck me as true street guys dedicated to the life and Sarno would have been the perfect guy to carry out their orders.
It was from my understanding that Tony Calabrese, not related to the others Calabreses, was working directly for Jimmy I. And Jimmy I is the one that had him kill both Tony the Hatch and Ronnie Jarrett. So it is my opinion that Jimmy I was higher up than originally thought in the early 2000s. As far as I know, all three were in prison at the same time in the early to mid 90s. I believe Jimmy got released around 1995 followed by Sarno. Solly D got out in 2006
Interesting, that was the first I’ve ever heard that Jimmy I may have ordered those hits from prison. I would also think that in those years, considering the pedigree of the guys that were hit, there would’ve had to be an even higher authority to sign off on those. Somebody like a Difronzo, or Johnny apes.
Well let me clarify. Maybe it came from above Inendino but it was widely known that Tony Calabrese was Inendino’s guy. Inendino brought him into the Outfit and used him for dirty work. Inendino would had to order him to do it.

Also, Inendino was not in prison when those murders happened. He started his prison sentence for the Cicero indictment in feb of 2003. Jarrett was murdered in 1999 and The Hatch in 2001.
Any hit on a member would have to be approved by the boss/admin, unless it was personal and unsanctioned, of course. But, the hit could’ve been requested by a member and not initiated by the admin, just approved if they felt the infraction or dispute warranted murder and ruled against Chiaramonte.

For the sake of argument, let’s say that Tony Calabrese in fact whacked Chiaramonte. This could indicate that Jimmy I had made a beef over Chiaramonte and the admin ruled in his favor and approved Chiaramonte’s murder. Or, it could be that Jimmy I was just given the hit as an order, for whatever reason, after it was approved for reasons unrelated to Inendino, and thus Inendino ordered his associate to do it. An associate, of course, technically belongs to the captain of the crew he is under (apart from associates direct with the admin), and thus is subject to orders from the organization in the way that a soldier is. So, even if Tony C did carry out the Chiaramonte hit, that alone wouldn’t tell us much either way about what involvement, if any, Inendino could’ve had with Chiaramonte being taken out.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

AntComello wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:29 am
chicagodog wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:34 pm PolackTony who’s Spina’s driver these days, I seen him up at Salerno’s couple of times. He was with Spina the night Aberdeen got shot yo.
I just want to be clear here that I am NOT Christy Spina’s driver lol. In fact, I was in the Bronx, NY, on the night that a guy got shot in front of the Aberdeen Tap and nowhere near Chicago. Not sure if this was a typo or referring to someone else, or what, but I have no affiliation whatsoever with any of the Spinas.
Yeah, now I’m gonna wind up on a Chicago chart on Reddit or some shit. BokaBreeze is going to start posting photos of me from social media: “Chicago Outfit mafioso PolackTony, Grand Ave crew associate”.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

PolackTony wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:32 am
Yeah, now I’m gonna wind up on a Chicago chart on Reddit or some shit. BokaBreeze is going to start posting photos of me from social media: “Chicago Outfit mafioso PolackTony, Grand Ave crew associate”.
😂😂😂😂
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

Confused too but I think he meant whose instead of who's. He's asking you
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:37 am
Yeah, that would make sense and a question mark can make all the difference lol.

If that was his intent, I have no current info on who Christy Spina is running around with. Patrick or Funkster might have an idea, however.
LarryC
Straightened out

Post by LarryC »

It's still "who's", though.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

LarryC wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:42 am
I’m assuming that he meant to write something like: “I have a question for PolackTony. Do you happen to know who Christy Spina’s driver is?”.
Last edited by PolackTony on Thu May 04, 2023 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

Correct I'm an idiot lol
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:49 am
Correct I'm an idiot lol
Holy shit, NickyEyes is back
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

Snakes wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:15 pm
Correct I'm an idiot lol
What's up Snakes! Mostly just reading on here these days
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:30 am
Coloboy wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:06 pm I realize that this may be a tough question to answer, but does anyone have insight as to whether Solly D, Jimmy I, and Mike Sarno were all imprisoned together in the mid to late 90's? Furthermore, any clue if they would have been able to meet/interact during this time?

My hunch has always been that when Sarno took over as day to day boss sometime in the mid 2000's, he was really working on behalf of Solly and Jimmy. Or in other words, the Cicero crew had taken over control of the outfit ops as a whole with Sarno being the guy on the street but the other two calling the shots. If they were all imprisoned together, this would make this all the more likely. Jimmy and Solly D always struck me as true street guys dedicated to the life and Sarno would have been the perfect guy to carry out their orders.
It was from my understanding that Tony Calabrese, not related to the others Calabreses, was working directly for Jimmy I. And Jimmy I is the one that had him kill both Tony the Hatch and Ronnie Jarrett. So it is my opinion that Jimmy I was higher up than originally thought in the early 2000s. As far as I know, all three were in prison at the same time in the early to mid 90s. I believe Jimmy got released around 1995 followed by Sarno. Solly D got out in 2006
Interesting, that was the first I’ve ever heard that Jimmy I may have ordered those hits from prison. I would also think that in those years, considering the pedigree of the guys that were hit, there would’ve had to be an even higher authority to sign off on those. Somebody like a Difronzo, or Johnny apes.
Well let me clarify. Maybe it came from above Inendino but it was widely known that Tony Calabrese was Inendino’s guy. Inendino brought him into the Outfit and used him for dirty work. Inendino would had to order him to do it.

Also, Inendino was not in prison when those murders happened. He started his prison sentence for the Cicero indictment in feb of 2003. Jarrett was murdered in 1999 and The Hatch in 2001.
Any hit on a member would have to be approved by the boss/admin, unless it was personal and unsanctioned, of course. But, the hit could’ve been requested by a member and not initiated by the admin, just approved if they felt the infraction or dispute warranted murder and ruled against Chiaramonte.

For the sake of argument, let’s say that Tony Calabrese in fact whacked Chiaramonte. This could indicate that Jimmy I had made a beef over Chiaramonte and the admin ruled in his favor and approved Chiaramonte’s murder. Or, it could be that Jimmy I was just given the hit as an order, for whatever reason, after it was approved for reasons unrelated to Inendino, and thus Inendino ordered his associate to do it. An associate, of course, technically belongs to the captain of the crew he is under (apart from associates direct with the admin), and thus is subject to orders from the organization in the way that a soldier is. So, even if Tony C did carry out the Chiaramonte hit, that alone wouldn’t tell us much either way about what involvement, if any, Inendino could’ve had with Chiaramonte being taken out.
Obviously a hit of someone like Jarret and Chiaramonte would have to be clear from the top. Inendino could have requested it but it would have to be cleared. All I’m saying since Tony Calabrese belonged to Inendino, someone would have told Inendino to take care of the problem. Which he did when he ordered Calabrese to do it. I don’t think an underboss or other capo would have told Calabrese to do it directly. It would have went through Inendino first.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:30 pm
PolackTony wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:30 am

Obviously a hit of someone like Jarret and Chiaramonte would have to be clear from the top. Inendino could have requested it but it would have to be cleared. All I’m saying since Tony Calabrese belonged to Inendino, someone would have told Inendino to take care of the problem. Which he did when he ordered Calabrese to do it. I don’t think an underboss or other capo would have told Calabrese to do it directly. It would have went through Inendino first.
With Jarrett, I’m actually not sure that a hit would necessarily need to be approved by the admin. We know from past intel (DeRose) at least, that a non-member could be killed on the approval of a captain. I’d think that a captain would still notify the admin of the action, but unless the associate was on record with a different crew (and thus under the protection of a nother soldier or captain), a captain would likely have the authority to issue the hit himself. As Snakes noted, though, one of the precipitating factors for Ronnie getting clipped was allegedly him dodging a meeting with Apes, so it’s probably a moot point in this case. It’s interesting to think about, however, as I could see a member from another crew making a beef if an associate who he who he had some business interest with got hit and he wasn’t at least consulted, as it could affect his interests as a member even if the associate wasn’t “with” him in organizational terms.

With Tony C, I’m not saying you’re wrong, just that I don’t know that it’s that conclusive that — if Calabrese was actually “with” Jimmy I — he couldn’t receive an order from their captain directly. Nicky C made it very clear in his testimony that when they were officially put on by Angelo when the latter was still a soldier, they answered to not just Angelo but to Turk. Given greater security issues in the period that we’re talking about, however, I don’t know that a captain would be meeting directly with an associate who didn’t belong to him directly anyway, so a question like this could again be more of a formal consideration that didn’t matter much in practice.

Another thing to think about with the Chiaramonte hit. As Snakes already noted, we don’t know for sure if the Carlisi and Ferriola crews had been merged by this point. The guy that I know who was an associate who worked with Cicero guys during this period told me that “Big Mike” was the “boss of Taylor St/Cicero” in this period, but didn’t know anything about Marcello or Tornabene. As he was an associate of an NYC Family he didn’t have a lot of organizational insight into the broader Chicago organization (as he said, made guys in Chicago are like “ghosts” who don’t deal with anyone outside of their immediate trusted circle and details about the overall hierarchy were need to know/above his pay grade type of info). Was Chiaramonte reporting, in an organizational sense, to Tornabene/Marcello, or to Spano by this time? On what basis would we know?

Also, can you remind me what evidence we have that Tony Calabrese was specifically involved in both the Hatch and Ronnie murders? What evidence do we have that Calabrese reported specifically to Jimmy I? Again, not challenging you or saying that you’re wrong, as my impression has been that he was, but I just like to question what we really know sometimes.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

lol i think it is a typo and he's asking you if you know who Christy's driver is.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:33 pm
Snakes wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:15 pm
Correct I'm an idiot lol
What's up Snakes! Mostly just reading on here these days
Need you to post more often buddy.