General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:03 pm Great info Snakes and Tony.

Wait did Solly D coin the term "trunk music"? The "trunk" part is obvious, but I've always wondered where the hell the "music" metaphor came from.
I doubt that he invented it, but his trial was responsible for introducing it into the general Chicago lexicon.

“Music” refers to the sounds that the body makes as it decomposes in the trunk.

“Nobody talks ta me dat way. You are trunk music, my friend”. Up there with the top LCN quotes of all time.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:33 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:38 pm More attachments from Annunzio article
Great stuff here. Glad to see that the local media are continuing to work on mob-related investigations like this. I haven’t seen Annunzio’s files myself, but the claim that he may have himself been made is extremely interesting (if unproven), given that the FBI claimed that John D’Arco Sr, Fred Roti, and Vito Marzullo were members as well. Not to mention Joe Imburgio Bulger.
I think this shows the power of the Outfit back in the day. They had made men that were politicians. None of them really made to high politically but its interesting to think about what if they had made it to higher office.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Is there a list of all the "possibly made" guys (Carparelli, etc.) that we know about together with a list of all the confirmed made guys available anywhere?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Ivan wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:25 pm Is there a list of all the "possibly made" guys (Carparelli, etc.) that we know about together with a list of all the confirmed made guys available anywhere?
Check your PMs
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Illinois Gaming Board slammed video gambling company for alleged ties to bookmaker, but it’s still reaping millions
In 2021, the state agency proposed stripping the lucrative video gaming license held by Frank Cortese’s company. Nearly two years later, with no ruling yet, he’s still in business.
By Tim Novak and Robert Herguth Apr 28, 2023, 5:45am CDT
Twitter
Facebook
Email
Lobbyist and video gaming businessman Frank Cortese.
Lobbyist and video gaming businessman Frank Cortese.Illinois secretary of state
Video gambling machines operated by a politically well-connected businessman have taken in $75 million in bets since state regulators proposed stripping his license for allegedly associating with the head of an illegal bookmaking operation, records show.

In August 2021, the Illinois Gaming Board filed a complaint against FJC Technologies, LLC, run by lobbyist Frank J. Cortese, saying “the business and/or social relationships maintained by” Cortese with Vincent “Uncle Mick” DelGiudice “discredit” and threaten the “integrity” of the industry.

RELATED
State lobbyist makes millions running video gambling company from Chicago movie studio
DelGiudice, an Orland Park resident, pleaded guilty in February 2021 to running an illicit sports gambling ring that involved hundreds of gamblers, brought in millions of dollars and had ties to a bookie with reputed mob connections.

Vincent DelGiudice (right) and his attorney Carolyn Gurland leaving the Dirksen Federal Courthouse in March 2020.
Vincent DelGiudice (right) and his attorney Carolyn Gurland leaving the Dirksen Federal Courthouse in March 2020.Ashlee Rezin / Sun-Times
A judge sentenced DelGiudice to prison last year. Records show he was released from federal custody earlier this month.

RELATED
Judge gives 18 months in prison to ‘Uncle Mick,’ who feds say ran massive Chicago-area gambling ring
The gaming board’s complaint remains pending against FJC and Cortese, who meanwhile is in good standing while appealing the agency’s attempts to revoke FJC’s terminal operator license. That’s the lucrative and highly sought-after license that lets him broker deals with bars and restaurants to install video poker machines and similar devices at their establishments.

Since the gaming board complaint was filed, FJC has taken in $75.1 million in bets, according to state records. More than $7 million of that is income FJC gets to split with the establishments that use the company’s machines, the records show.

DelGiudice couldn’t be reached for comment.

Cortese’s attorney Donna More won’t comment on DelGiudice but says, “We’re vigorously challenging the facts as laid out in the complaint.”

Marcus Fruchter, the gaming board’s administrator, says the “law requires” his agency to “adhere to a specific administrative hearing process when it comes to disciplinary actions” and that it “will continue to follow the law while upholding the integrity of gaming operations and maintaining public confidence in Illinois.”

Marcus Fruchter, the Illinois Gaming Board administrator.
Marcus Fruchter, the Illinois Gaming Board administrator.Victor Hilitski / Sun-Times
It’s unclear when the gaming board might make a final determination on the Cortese license.

Fruchter, who reports to board members appointed by the governor, won’t get into specifics about why the process has taken as long as it has.

“As you know, we cannot release any information on the case at this time,” he says, and the gaming board “does not comment on pending litigation. We will provide an update when the case is resolved.”

The gaming board’s complaint noted that, beyond DelGiudice having admitted in court that he ran his illegal sports gambling ring from 2016 to 2019, he also was convicted in 1996 of other gambling charges.

In 2014, the gaming board “denied video gaming license renewal” to another gaming company “because of the extent of its business and/or social associations with DelGiudice,” the agency says in its complaint against FJC.

The complaint says that, in 2019 DelGiudice “and his associates were present at a licensed video gaming establishment in Bedford Park” when “Cortese and FJC delivered and installed” video gaming machines there.

A portion of the Illinois Gaming Board complaint against Frank Cortese’s video gaming business.
A portion of the Illinois Gaming Board complaint against Frank Cortese’s video gaming business.Illinois Gaming Board
Cortese operates 12 video gaming machines at Nikki’s and Nikki’s 2, both in Bedford Park — his company’s highest-grossing operations, according to state records.

Cortese’s gaming business is based out of his La Grange home, and he also has machines at pizza places in Mount Prospect, Hodgkins and McHenry, the records show.

He initially operated the gaming business out of Cinespace Chicago Film Studios on the West Side when the studio was owned by Alexander S. Pissios, who became a government mole after authorities threatened to charge him with bankruptcy fraud.

RELATED
Feds’ mole’s disappearing debt
Cinespace Chicago Film Studios.
Cinespace Chicago Film Studios.Sun-Times file
RELATED
Ex-Teamsters leader John T. Coli pleads guilty in extortion case
Pissios helped federal authorities snare crooked Chicago Teamsters boss John Coli Sr., who had urged Pissios to hire Cortese, the union’s lobbyist, to also represent Cinespace.

Pissios gambled through DelGiudice and at one time owed him an undisclosed amount of money, the Sun-Times reported in November 2021.

RELATED
Studio head who helped bring down Teamsters boss tied to illegal gambling ring
Cortese’s lobbying business, based in the Loop, is called Government Consulting Services of Illinois, LLC. Among its current clients is the village of Bridgeview, whose mayor, Steve Landek, was a political ally of longtime former Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan.

RELATED
Feds serve another subpoena on town regarding consultant with deep ties to Mike Madigan
Days before filing the complaint against FJC, the gaming board denied an application for a video gaming license sought by Chicago zoning lawyer and banker James J. Banks, citing what it described as his questionable associations. Banks has long had associations with people described as being tied to the mob.

James J. Banks.
James J. Banks.Sun-Times file
RELATED
Illinois Gaming Board OKs gaming license for clout-heavy lawyer James J. Banks in an about-face
The gaming board has since reversed course, deciding in December to grant Banks’ Gaming Productions, LLC, a terminal operator license without going into detail on the change of heart.

Fruchter says the licensing process “can vary significantly on a case-by-case basis,” with “many different variables.”
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Nice find Patrick, I have a hard time believing DelGiudice isn't connected to someone. Did we ever find any actual ties to outfit guys there? It's been awhile since his bust was discussed so i dont recall.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Last I heard he was connected to 26th st/Chinatown.

The feds linked his ring to Paloians as well, at least loosely. My hunch is it was all outfit connected/run. Too many links between all those guys. Same with Poeta out in Highwood. All those gambling busts happened around the same time, right as Illinois was legalizing sports gambling. Not a coincidence in my book. They went after the biggest fish to try and eliminate competition, and all those fish had long standing outfit ties. I'm also pretty sure someone else swept in and picked up those customers in short order. People think illegal bookmaking is dead or dying, but it's not the case. Legalization took a huge swath of customers away for sure, but its tough to beat no taxes and betting on credit. Plus people are creatures of habit, if they have gone to a bookie forever they are likely to continue. Outfit doesn't want casual weekend gamblers who bet on draftkings. They want deadbeat gambling addicts who are risking bankruptcy.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Coloboy wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:50 am Last I heard he was connected to 26th st/Chinatown.

The feds linked his ring to Paloians as well, at least loosely. My hunch is it was all outfit connected/run. Too many links between all those guys. Same with Poeta out in Highwood. All those gambling busts happened around the same time, right as Illinois was legalizing sports gambling. Not a coincidence in my book. They went after the biggest fish to try and eliminate competition, and all those fish had long standing outfit ties. I'm also pretty sure someone else swept in and picked up those customers in short order. People think illegal bookmaking is dead or dying, but it's not the case. Legalization took a huge swath of customers away for sure, but its tough to beat no taxes and betting on credit. Plus people are creatures of habit, if they have gone to a bookie forever they are likely to continue. Outfit doesn't want casual weekend gamblers who bet on draftkings. They want deadbeat gambling addicts who are risking bankruptcy.
Yes, and if anything there's the argument that legalized gambling could well be serving to grow the market, in exposing younger people who might otherwise not engage and normalizing it as a legal pastime.

Another point that needs to be stressed is that aside from inducements like credit, no taxes, and habit, there is a subculture in Chicagoland still that revolves around these guys. There are a ton of people who like not just going to "their guy" to take their action but enjoy rubbing shoulders with the "underworld" element; old neighborhood people, street guys, wannabe street guys. For these types, the mob aspect remains a "feature", not a bug or just an incidental factor.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

PolackTony wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:15 pm
Coloboy wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:50 am Last I heard he was connected to 26th st/Chinatown.

Yes, and if anything there's the argument that legalized gambling could well be serving to grow the market, in exposing younger people who might otherwise not engage and normalizing it as a legal pastime.

Another point that needs to be stressed is that aside from inducements like credit, no taxes, and habit, there is a subculture in Chicagoland still that revolves around these guys. There are a ton of people who like not just going to "their guy" to take their action but enjoy rubbing shoulders with the "underworld" element; old neighborhood people, street guys, wannabe street guys. For these types, the mob aspect remains a "feature", not a bug or just an incidental factor.
Yep. Anytime I go to an Italian restaurant in Elmwood Park I am reminded of this sub-culture. Still a lot of the "types" around. middle aged/older white guys who look the part and own beef stands or some shit lol.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

FJC has taken in $75.1 million in bets, according to state records. More than $7 million of that is income FJC gets to split with the establishments that use the company’s machines, the records show."

These don't sound like good net income on gambling machines? I could be wrong because I'm only really exposed to sports gambling but seems low
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Not going to waste my time in other threads, but old guys talking in articles about the legalization of weed and gambling eliminating sources of income is always completely laughable to me.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:11 am Not going to waste my time in other threads, but old guys talking in articles about the legalization of weed and gambling eliminating sources of income is always completely laughable to me.
Yea it’s funny that’s he is the go to now on current outfit activities when he has no sources on the street or law enforcement. He said the outfit is back to hijacking trucks again. Where did he get that information? Love to know what crew is hijacking trucks and that is their main source of income
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Apparently boomers dont realize that there is a whole lot of weed smokers that dont want to pay dispensary prices, and those are even people with the means to do so.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

funkster wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:50 am Apparently boomers dont realize that there is a whole lot of weed smokers that dont want to pay dispensary prices, and those are even people with the means to do so.
I know A LOT of people that smoke weed here in New York. And about 99% of them still get their pot the good old fashion way. Literally NO ONE that I know goes to a fuckin dispensary just to pay almost twice the amount you pay on the street for the SAME quality.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

AntComello wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:10 am
funkster wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:50 am Apparently boomers dont realize that there is a whole lot of weed smokers that dont want to pay dispensary prices, and those are even people with the means to do so.
I know A LOT of people that smoke weed here in New York. And about 99% of them still get their pot the good old fashion way. Literally NO ONE that I know goes to a fuckin dispensary just to pay almost twice the amount you pay on the street for the SAME quality.
LOL bingo.