John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by Dave65827 »

Penisi mentions underboss Patty Delrusso calls him a narcissist and mentions him shit talking other members

https://sitdownnews.com/the-frugal-lucchese-underboss/
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:27 pm
I admittedly haven’t followed the Bobby Luisi story closely, but isn’t it possible that Joey just played him?
I haven't followed the Luisi story closely either, only what was in the Anastasia / Previte book, and it's considerably morphed and took on a whole new life since then - but you're right. Absolutely. I know, who am I to really question it right? But in my eyes from the outside looking in - especially given what we know about Merlino just from public record - the only possibility I see is that Merlino sold a button to Luisi and whoever else wanted one. If Luisi said "ok but in a few years we're going to break off and start our own family" or whatever it was, Merlino probably said yeah sure, okay, whatever - just keep the money coming now and when it stops coming I'll figure something else out. Merlino seems like a guy who can't see past the end of his own nose, so it wouldn't be surprising if he figured he had another revenue stream up in Boston that he didn't have to have anything to really do with, and he'll tap into it as long as it exists, and if / when it goes belly up - time to find another source of revenue.

I vaguely remember from the book but didn't the Boston "crew" try to get Merlino on tape, or lure him into a drug deal, and Merlino didn't give them an inch? Nothing they could use or incriminate him on? The book made it sound like Merlino and the Philly guys just seized an opportunity for quick, free money - literally selling buttons and keeping the "Boston crew" at arms length - versus them truly wanting to cultivate a strong Boston crew and legitimize it in the eyes of the other families. I mean, I thought really that was the whole story... now all of a sudden this guy is hitting the interview circuit with shit like "Live and Direct with the Boss of Boston" in the title. I understand with how fractured the Patriarcas have been and how crazy and almost 'open' Boston was for a couple decades, this guy probably did have some things going on to where he making moves and doing his own thing - running a sizable crew of guys committing crimes, but aren't there lots of other crews and situations in Boston like that as well? The difference being here he's saying he had Merlino's backing to start a new family? Merlino and his friends have ate through the wealth of childhood friends and neighbors like termites and left them hung out to dry - so it seems insane in this case to really believe he would be willing to "go to war" (figure of speech) for some guy in Boston who was sending him money .

Out of all the informant / interview circuit guys, Luisi is one of a small few that I actually skip. It just sounds so egregious that I don't deem it worth listening to. I'm glad there have been some great posters here who've broken it down objectively and laid out some possibilities but it just sounds unreal. If Luisi told the same exact story with the only difference being it was a different family's flag he was flying - not Merlino's - I'd probably listen with open ears. But because it's Merlino, a guy known to bleed everyone and everything, I just can't wrap my head around it.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Dave65827 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:08 am Penisi mentions underboss Patty Delrusso calls him a narcissist and mentions him shit talking other members

I’m still pretty sure Louie Jet isn’t made. This article certainly isn’t going to help his prospects in that regard.

It’s also worth noting that the real estate scam mentioned in the article was most likely the basis for the HUD scam storyline in season 4 of the Sopranos.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:03 pm
Dave65827 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:08 am Penisi mentions underboss Patty Delrusso calls him a narcissist and mentions him shit talking other members

I’m still pretty sure Louie Jet isn’t made. This article certainly isn’t going to help his prospects in that regard.

It’s also worth noting that the real estate scam mentioned in the article was most likely the basis for the HUD scam storyline in season 4 of the Sopranos.
It seems like - from everything Pennisi has said through stories - all these guys had a ton of respect for Louie Daidone
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

newera_212 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:44 pm

It seems like - from everything Pennisi has said through stories - all these guys had a ton of respect for Louie Daidone
I really dont think what Pennisi says in his blog- no matter were we hold him on the rat hierachy is going to hold any weight in cosa nostra. Hes always being critical and makes statements about how bewildered or astounded he is about made guys gossiping behind each others backs. Like somehow that justifies flipping. Every fucking job in the history of mankind has the same type of people. Like for him somehow this was the one thing that was a rule he couldnt believe was broken. Like bro wake the fuck up. Wtf do you think happens in a legitmate job and theres HR depts, affirmative action hires, promotions based on gender, nepotism etc i can go on and on about the million fucking reasons why ppl talk shit behind ppls back BUT for him...
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:52 pm

I really dont think what Pennisi says in his blog- no matter were we hold him on the rat hierachy is going to hold any weight in cosa nostra. Hes always being critical and makes statements about how bewildered or astounded he is about made guys gossiping behind each others backs. Like somehow that justifies flipping. Every fucking job in the history of mankind has the same type of people. Like for him somehow this was the one thing that was a rule he couldnt believe was broken. Like bro wake the fuck up. Wtf do you think happens in a legitmate job and theres HR depts, affirmative action hires, promotions based on gender, nepotism etc i can go on and on about the million fucking reasons why ppl talk shit behind ppls back BUT for him...
What always amazes me is how he is able to repeat so many conversations verbatim - but yet when someone questioned that story about his father placing Gotti gets convicted newspapers around the kitchen table, he was offended saying that he shouldn't have to be "questioned about the validity of it" and then went on to say he had mixed up the dates. I think that's happened more than once where he "mixed something up" and had to correct himself -- after someone questioned what he said.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Just imagine if someone questioned all of his little tales -- how much would he then say he accidentally "mixed up"?
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

tony621. like this is how the rest of the world operates. people backstabb you to get promotioned. it sucks but its life. maybe those 17yrs in state prison fucked up his brain like this isnt what happen in jail but guess what your on the street now and in the world this is everyday life. someone isnt gonna runn in your cell because your tv in your cell was on to loud at nght ect
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

run in your house lol
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

So your agreeing with pmac?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

mafiastudent wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:21 pm

What always amazes me is how he is able to repeat so many conversations verbatim - but yet when someone questioned that story about his father placing Gotti gets convicted newspapers around the kitchen table, he was offended saying that he shouldn't have to be "questioned about the validity of it" and then went on to say he had mixed up the dates. I think that's happened more than once where he "mixed something up" and had to correct himself -- after someone questioned what he said.
What's that story about? His father placing "Gotti Convicted" papers around the house? Did that story make it's way into a courtroom for some reason?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Interestingly Ray Argentina was released in 2019.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

newera_212 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:46 am
mafiastudent wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:21 pm

What's that story about? His father placing "Gotti Convicted" papers around the house? Did that story make it's way into a courtroom for some reason?
It was a story he told on one of the podcasts either his own or on someone else's - I'm pretty positive it was one of his own - when he was talking about his father trying to get him on the right path and one day when he went down to breakfast, his father had placed Gotti convicted newspapers all around the kitchen table as a way to tell him that that "life" wasn't worth it. Someone had questioned him in the comments about the dates as Gotti's conviction didn't align with Pennisi being in prison and he responded to the poster that he had mixed the dates up. The poster had also brought it over to IG where Pennisi had stated he didn't feel he should be "questioned about the validity of it."
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Episode #20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrlqK8Iyl38

The comment on the IG post related to this has been deleted.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Actually here is the IG post with that conversation

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNNSckdluru/