The Chicago Outfit (discussion)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Sol
Admin

Re: The Chicago Outfit (discussion)

Post by Sol »

I also should add I didn't like Kenji and silverman back then, so a lot of what I posted back then about them was me trying to get under their skin, which you are claiming is not the case with you and Scott.......Soliai
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I don't have a problem with the numbers being thrown around and I don't disagree with what Wiseguy and Pogo are stating about them or what we do or (mostly) do not know about the administration. Basically, this all could have been avoided if I would have just added the "estimation" part into the chart to begin with.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Not your fault Snakes. We were having a nice discussion until a certian poster had to get all pissy and go on the attack.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Not your fault Snakes. We were having a nice discussion until a certian poster had to get all pissy and go on the attack.

Pogo
Really man it's time to move on I'm not taking the bait anymore at least for today :mrgreen:
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

My two cents is that Scott's a good guy. He did and does have inside access and was always willing to take the time to share his info on the boards. Even Outfit guys bought his "Family Secrets" book! LOL!

Now, getting back to the discussion, some of you might be interested in Joe Fosco's new interview with Mike Mags: http://americannewspost.com/josephfosco ... osco-show/
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Antiliar wrote:My two cents is that Scott's a good guy. He did and does have inside access and was always willing to take the time to share his info on the boards. Even Outfit guys bought his "Family Secrets" book! LOL!

Now, getting back to the discussion, some of you might be interested in Joe Fosco's new interview with Mike Mags: http://americannewspost.com/josephfosco ... osco-show/
Good stuff I didn't realize he had anything new with michael posted. Michael looks good and hasn't been arrested in awhile for petty theft so hopefully he's back on the right track
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpQkLG91Sf8

Not sure if everyone seen this.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

What's this business about Fosco running into No Nose DiFronzo and deciding that he's an all right guy now? Looks like I missed something, LOL.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Ivan wrote:What's this business about Fosco running into No Nose DiFronzo and deciding that he's an all right guy now? Looks like I missed something, LOL.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Ivan wrote:What's this business about Fosco running into No Nose DiFronzo and deciding that he's an all right guy now? Looks like I missed something, LOL.
It doesn't make sense John must be slipping if he's talking to fosco after all fosco did/said
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Pete wrote:
It doesn't make sense John must be slipping if he's talking to fosco after all fosco did/said
There was discussion before about dementia. You even noted that JD began aging at an accelerating rate in the last few years.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: The Chicago Outfit

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pogo The Clown wrote:The Feds say Detroit has 29 or 30 made members. Scott says they have 55. The Feds say Chicago has 25-30 made members. Scott says they have up to 80.
I, like Pogo, have nothing personal against SB, but the respect paid by members of this board and others is irrational. Perhaps it is because he is published he is beyond criticism though more likely it is because his figures are inflated that mob apologists champion him.

But being 100-250% out in membership is laughable for a respected researcher who apparently has 'inside sources', especially Federal ones.

If Carlo came out and said the West Side had 700 members he'd be laughed out of the building and lose ALL credibility. And rightly so. Why it's different for Scott is beyond me.

How anyone can take anything else stated by SB with such a basic, obvious, outrageous starting point is nonsensical.

Let's all remember SB also has a large vested interest in a thriving Detroit/Chicago LCN scene. His lively hood depends on it.

So Pogo is rather stating a commonsense, that apparently, on this board at least, is quite uncommon.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Five Felonies
Full Patched

Re: The Chicago Outfit

Post by Five Felonies »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Let's all remember SB also has a large vested interest in a thriving Detroit/Chicago LCN scene. His lively hood depends on it.
this is not true, he has stated numerous times in the past that this type of stuff was more of a hobby than a living. i forget what his actual job is, but it's not the boatloads of money that come from various media projects about a criminal organization that is basically unknown outside the sick and twisted mob forum world. i liked the detroit mob confidential documentary, but i pirated it so scott never saw a dime from me! :mrgreen:

the guy has always seemed friendly and willing to share what he knows or believes to be true, but too many people just get hung up on words/terms, whether so and so is made, or just an associate, why they were listed on a chart as a "member", which just fuels the fire. people start equating mob knowledge with life in general, "he was wrong about this so he's a liar", insinuating that people are knowingly putting out misinformation for their own benefit which is a pretty heavy accusation to make. this is the same type of stuff that infects the chicago threads as well. the best bet seems to be to just take whatever info is presented, regardless of the "source" and just come to your own conclusions. whether or not your opinion has been validated by several fbi sources shouldn't matter in the context of a hypothetical and it does get annoying when a discussion is held to the same standard as a court proceeding. it is however a very important filter to help sift through all the misinformation though, which overall is huge positive!
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

When the FBI states "x" amount of made members for this family or that family is that of only known members or do they include strong candidates in those numbers? Commonsense tells me there has to be a 5% plus or minus with their figures but with all their research, informants and other whatnot tactics the FBI's numbers have to be fairly close.
DoubleZ
Straightened out

Post by DoubleZ »

All of the Detroit researches do this as a hobby.

Scott writes for a Metro Detroit paper as the HS sports editor and freelancer of other Detroit papers, Jimmy B is a professor at Wayne State University (he has a book coming out soon!), and me, who is no where close to Scott or Jimmy B in terms of knowledge or connections, work in the auto industry in a business function.

Guys, don't kid yourselves, you're all amateurs, we're all amateurs. The OC we study cannot really become a career these days. Why? Because no one cares, the mafia's lore has been long gone, replaced by terrorism, greedy white collar criminals, and Wall Street bankers stealing billions. Once Capeci, and Anastasia retire or die, they will be the last of the reporters who write about OC and are published regularly in papers.

Will there be columns about OC in papers? Of course. it'll probably be written by the columnist who usually covers the local Red Cross bake sale, and gets his/her big break by making a connection to the good ol' days of Lucky Luciano and the formation of the "Commission" to a local $50k gambling bust.

Point is, Scott is in a class of writers exclusively writing about a dying subject. Anyone can write about anything online, but Scott has been successful, and most of us trust in his knowledge, or at the very least know if he's wrong, he's not doing it to trick the reader. Dude is still learning too! And the few knuckleheads on these forums arguing over membership numbers of organizations of cities they have never stepped foot in, or talked to people involved in those orgs ruin the discussions for the reader and the researcher alike. Argue your point, don't make it personal, bring some facts, or a well researched hypothesis. Why am I defending Scott? Because he's a good guy, a good writer, and handles BS like this pretty well.

Some of you guys are like Youtube commentators.