What the guys on the street thought of other families

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: What the guys on the street thought of other families

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:20 pm
PolackTony wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:15 am The whole farmers things was from when Gene was locked up with Solly D (who is/was pretty far from anything like a "farmer", to say the least). My impression was that it was breaking balls, but does show the parochial and pompous attitude that some New Yorkers have about anything outside of NYC. I've had people here literally tell me that they thought Chicago was a state lol (New Yorkers who've actually visited Chicago, of course, express an overwhelmingly favorable view of the city though).

And the farmers thing I don't think was specific to the Midwest, as I recall that New York guys would refer to the DeCavs as "farmers" as well. Just their way of flexing on anyone not from NYC.
Do you have a link to this?
You mean for the Gene Gotti comment? Per SolarSolano it came from Jimmy Calandra posting on the old FB Outfit group.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:49 pm
PolackTony wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:15 am The whole farmers things was from when Gene was locked up with Solly D (who is/was pretty far from anything like a "farmer", to say the least). My impression was that it was breaking balls, but does show the parochial and pompous attitude that some New Yorkers have about anything outside of NYC. I've had people here literally tell me that they thought Chicago was a state lol (New Yorkers who've actually visited Chicago, of course, express an overwhelmingly favorable view of the city though).

And the farmers thing I don't think was specific to the Midwest, as I recall that New York guys would refer to the DeCavs as "farmers" as well. Just their way of flexing on anyone not from NYC.
You mean for the Gene Gotti comment? Per SolarSolano it came from Jimmy Calandra posting on the old FB Outfit group.
Okay, found it. It wasn't in Ross's FB group, but a different one from 2017/2018. The "farmers" comment was Calandra's spellcheck, so it was a typo. He meant "golfer."

"I meant to say golfer but these phones sometimes create there own words and sometimes have a mind of there own. I corrected it. I was with your father in 95 or 96 ask him about Gene Gotti. No one cared for Gene Gotti. I remember Gene Gotti telling your father Shit-Cargo meaning Chicago. Gene Gotti thought he was better then everyone. But ask your dad if he remembers that incident. My book will be out next year. Look for it on the selves. It's gonna be a great read. Tell your father I said hello. By the way Gene Gotti was a piece of shit."
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:31 pm
PolackTony wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:49 pm

Okay, found it. It wasn't in Ross's FB group, but a different one from 2017/2018. The "farmers" comment was Calandra's spellcheck, so it was a typo. He meant "golfer."

"I meant to say golfer but these phones sometimes create there own words and sometimes have a mind of there own. I corrected it. I was with your father in 95 or 96 ask him about Gene Gotti. No one cared for Gene Gotti. I remember Gene Gotti telling your father Shit-Cargo meaning Chicago. Gene Gotti thought he was better then everyone. But ask your dad if he remembers that incident. My book will be out next year. Look for it on the selves. It's gonna be a great read. Tell your father I said hello. By the way Gene Gotti was a piece of shit."
Thanks for following up!
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Ha, what a typo! Chicago does/did seem to be full of avid golfers.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:56 pm Ha, what a typo! Chicago does/did seem to be full of avid golfers.
Indeed. Describing Solly as a "golfer" was very... accurate.
GaspipeCasso
Straightened out

Post by GaspipeCasso »

Gene probably got pretty grumpy during that 50 year sentence
Send word to Vladimir that you have his money, that he should come to the club tomorrow. We'll take care of the rest
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Just reread murder machine apparently roy demeo started with the Luchesses but saw them as inferior and was desperate to join the gambinos.I wonder if his body count would of been as high if he stayed withn the luchesses
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

bluehouse wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:12 pm Just reread murder machine apparently roy demeo started with the Luchesses but saw them as inferior and was desperate to join the gambinos.I wonder if his body count would of been as high if he stayed withn the luchesses
I don’t think that’s right, I remember reading that guys from that area Canarsie & it’s surrounding neighborhoods wanted to join the Lucchese Family.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Didn’t lefty say Chicago was full of animals or maniacs ?? Something of the sort

It was either during the Milwaukee or the Chicago art skeem
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:32 pm Didn’t lefty say Chicago was full of animals or maniacs ?? Something of the sort

It was either during the Milwaukee or the Chicago art skeem
Which Lefty? Regardless, if someone made that statement they weren’t far off lol.
SB1825
Straightened out

Post by SB1825 »

Accardo said the guys from New York were animals.
SB1825
Straightened out

Post by SB1825 »

Shellackhead wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:28 am
bluehouse wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:12 pm Just reread murder machine apparently roy demeo started with the Luchesses but saw them as inferior and was desperate to join the gambinos.I wonder if his body count would of been as high if he stayed withn the luchesses
I don’t think that’s right, I remember reading that guys from that area Canarsie & it’s surrounding neighborhoods wanted to join the Lucchese Family.
In Canarsie you had the Nicky Corozzo/ Lenny Di Maria crew for the Gambino’s, and a Lucchese presence with the Vario crew & Amuso/ Casso hanging around in the area. DeMeo was big in Flatlands. Andrew DiDonato’s book was decent, he was a Gambino associate from Canarsie w/ Corozzo who had beefs with the Lucchese’s in the area and also the Colombo’s. He had problems with Danny Cutaia who took over the Vario crew at some point. Also had problems with Wild Bill. Who was that Lucchese soldier originally from Canarsie who ended up w the Prince St crew? There was an old NYTimes article that mentioned he was busted stealing a car when he was 17. Car theft was big in that area. He was shelved for being a junkie, Pennisi said he was introduced to him as a friend by Dom Truscello which was an infraction since he was shelved. His name’s escaping me.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

SB1825 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:12 pm
In Canarsie you had the Nicky Corozzo/ Lenny Di Maria crew for the Gambino’s, and a Lucchese presence with the Vario crew & Amuso/ Casso hanging around in the area. DeMeo was big in Flatlands. Andrew DiDonato’s book was decent, he was a Gambino associate from Canarsie w/ Corozzo who had beefs with the Lucchese’s in the area and also the Colombo’s. He had problems with Danny Cutaia who took over the Vario crew at some point. Also had problems with Wild Bill. Who was that Lucchese soldier originally from Canarsie who ended up w the Prince St crew? There was an old NYTimes article that mentioned he was busted stealing a car when he was 17. Car theft was big in that area. He was shelved for being a junkie, Pennisi said he was introduced to him as a friend by Dom Truscello which was an infraction since he was shelved. His name’s escaping me.
Anthony Grado
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SB1825 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:01 pm Accardo said the guys from New York were animals.
JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:32 pm Didn’t lefty say Chicago was full of animals or maniacs ?? Something of the sort
They were both right.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

"Always on the alert for new business partners, as was Roy, Nino sent a message through mutual
acquaintances for Roy to stop by the next time he was in Bath Beach. Roy did not need a second
invitation. Anthony Gaggi was a made man in the Gambino family, the city’s most important, and
Roy was nothing if not ambitious and opportunistic. He did not intend to spend his life hanging out
at junkyards, the horizon he saw with the Lucchese family.

This is the direct quote from MM.He saw the luchesses as small time.Even that junkie rat frank paqua said if he got his button with the gambinos it would of meant more on the street than having his button with the luchesses.Imagane a made guy with the colombos staten island crew vs a made guy with the genevese 116th crew.Theres no way the 2 are in the same league