Famous Mafia locations on Google Maps

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bert
Full Patched

Re: Famous Mafia locations on Google Maps

Post by bert »

Rocco wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:29 am
Costigan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:59 pm These are Great pics. Can someone post up a pic of Joe & Mary's Restaurant where Galante got it? I wonder if the place has still got the famous patio?
Not safe to walk past that area now ! lol Especially if you are white !
For a long time, although I have not been there in over 10 years, I thought it turned hipster? It went from being great place to live in the 1930's to 1960's, super great neighborhood. It changed in the 1970's, turned into a real disaster. Where Joe and Mary's was had not gotten as bad yet, but was getting there when Galante was killed. If we look at the old news footage you can see the people were mostly Puerto Rican. Most were cool then, but the area kept going downhill
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

Costigan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:59 pm These are Great pics. Can someone post up a pic of Joe & Mary's Restaurant where Galante got it? I wonder if the place has still got the famous patio?
lol when is the last time you were around there? it's a pretty hipster type area now and has been for years
RicoJames_93
Honorary Member

Post by RicoJames_93 »

The patio seems to still be there, here is an aerial & 3D view :

Would be great to see an actual picture of it.
RicoJames_93
Honorary Member

Post by RicoJames_93 »

Location of Nuova Villa Tammaro restaurant in Coney Island, Brooklyn (Joe "The Boss" Masseria assasination site in 1931)
On April 15, 1931, Luciano had lured Masseria to a meeting where he was murdered at a restaurant called Nuova Villa Tammaro on Coney Island.
While they played cards, Luciano allegedly excused himself to the bathroom, with the gunmen reportedly being Albert Anastasia, Vito Genovese, Joe Adonis, and Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel;Ciro "The Artichoke King" Terranova drove the getaway car, but legend has it that he was too shaken up to drive away and had to be shoved out of the driver's seat by Siegel.

Helmsley Building in Midtown, Manhattan (Salvatore Maranzano assasination site in 1931)
On September 10, 1931, capo di tutti capi Salvatore Maranzano was murdered in his ninth-floor office here by hitmen sent by Lucky Luciano and Vito Genovese, ambitious underlings whom Maranzano had hired Vincent "Mad Dog" Coll to kill.

bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

great photo's
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

TwoPiece wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:02 pm
lol when is the last time you were around there? it's a pretty hipster type area now and has been for years
late 90s..? Barely any Italians then...and when I say barely I mean none ! lol Was pretty much Hispanic melting pot. And some Carribean Immigrants.
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

Rocco wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:59 pm
late 90s..? Barely any Italians then...and when I say barely I mean none ! lol Was pretty much Hispanic melting pot. And some Carribean Immigrants.
if that's the case you get a pass :lol:

i'd say since around 2010, or even earlier, that area has been gentrifying. the last time i was there was 2018 and it was safe as shit, but further east and south in BK can still get rough.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

TwoPiece wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:21 pm
Rocco wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:59 pm
if that's the case you get a pass :lol:

i'd say since around 2010, or even earlier, that area has been gentrifying. the last time i was there was 2018 and it was safe as shit, but further east and south in BK can still get rough.
The northern part of Bushwick closest to Williamsburg has gentrified because the hipsters maxed out Williamsburg but the rest of that neighborhood is still shit. These days even in the worst neighborhoods it's fairly safe to walk around in the daytime, it's at night when they'll get ya.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

I don't know how to post pics on here but I think I found the site of Christie Tick's 18th Hole. Pretty sure it's this optometrist's on the southeast corner of 86th St and 14th Ave, just across the street from the Dyker Heights golf course. Maybe the pizza joint a couple doors down used to be the Chinese restaurant where Gaspipe shot the dog?
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

it is called livan and savino that was 19th hole ,goons you are correct.yes that also was hong pan a candy store was in between them back then
Flushing
Straightened out

Post by Flushing »

Wait. Gaspipe shot a dog? Why?
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

image.png
Frankie Decicco old club on bath Ave in Brooklyn.......Soliai
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Flushing wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:57 pm Wait. Gaspipe shot a dog? Why?
The dog barked at Angelo DeFendis a little to ferociously for his liking.
RicoJames_93
Honorary Member

Post by RicoJames_93 »

Location of John Gotti's childhood home in Brownsville, Brooklyn (now a playground)

A picture of the house back in the days :

Around 1952, 12-year-old John Gotti started running errands for the mobsters at Fatico's East New York club house.
In 1972, Fatico moved his crew from East New York to a new base of operations in Ozone Park, Queens. Fatico was allegedly unhappy about the changing ethnic composition of East New York, plus he wanted to be closer to Kennedy Airport, a major new source of family income. In Ozone Park, Fatico bought a social club and named it the Bergin Hunt and Fish Club. The name was a nod to Bergen Street in East New York, in the crew's old neighborhood.

The original Bergin club was located 0,3 mile from Gotti's home on the corner of Rockaway Avenue & Herkimer Street (I don't have the exact address, does anyone know it ?)

Angelo Ruggiero's childhood home was also located 0,3 mile from Gotti's home & 0,2 mile from the original Bergin
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

RicoJames_93 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:48 am Location of John Gotti's childhood home in Brownsville, Brooklyn (now a playground)

A picture of the house back in the days :

Around 1952, 12-year-old John Gotti started running errands for the mobsters at Fatico's East New York club house.
In 1972, Fatico moved his crew from East New York to a new base of operations in Ozone Park, Queens. Fatico was allegedly unhappy about the changing ethnic composition of East New York, plus he wanted to be closer to Kennedy Airport, a major new source of family income. In Ozone Park, Fatico bought a social club and named it the Bergin Hunt and Fish Club. The name was a nod to Bergen Street in East New York, in the crew's old neighborhood.

The original Bergin club was located 0,3 mile from Gotti's home on the corner of Rockaway Avenue & Herkimer Street (I don't have the exact address, does anyone know it ?)

Angelo Ruggiero's childhood home was also located 0,3 mile from Gotti's home & 0,2 mile from the original Bergin
Where did you find that about the club? Thought it was on Bergen st.