Gene Borrello interview

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

AntComello
Full Patched

Re: Gene Borrello interview

Post by AntComello »

Alite looks like a proud father in this interview
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

Was Gene a made guy or just associate?
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

MichaelGiovanni wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:33 am Was Gene a made guy or just associate?
Associate but seems like if he didn’t flip he would have eventually been made considering his willingness to shoot stab or rob for Ronnie G. And not to mention he met directly with Asaro multiple times
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

AntComello wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:35 am
MichaelGiovanni wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:33 am Was Gene a made guy or just associate?
Associate but seems like if he didn’t flip he would have eventually been made considering his willingness to shoot stab or rob for Ronnie G. And not to mention he met directly with Asaro multiple times
I don't think he was going to get made, he seems like he was out of control and a wacko. Or he's exaggerating, but it was reported in that Capeci story that he was hated in his neighborhood, and was out of control with the violence. Maybe Casso would make a guy like that, no one else though. He seems like a nerd minus the brains to me.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:22 am
Wiseguy wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:20 am Apparently somewhere along the way Alite felt he needed to start doing all his interviews while wearing shades.
Joseph Pistone syndrome
Speaking of Pistone, what was the deal with him after he was pulled out from undercover? I saw Henry Hill say once that Pistone still believed he was a wise guy even after his assignment was over. That he got addicted to the life. Then a few years ago I saw an interview with an FBI agent that has been a UC handler for agents that went undercover with the central and South American cartels and with American LCN. And he alluded to the fact that some undercovers get in so deep they have a hard time separating their UC role with their actual job. And he kinda alluded to the Pistone situation as an example. But I’ve never really seen anything more on it. Made me wonder if Pistone had trouble ending his assignment.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

TommyNoto wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:09 am
Bklyn21 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:17 am Cognata eventually went over to the Gambinos , Supposedly he was with them but they weren't protecting him , When he ended up being shot and killed by Joe Amattuccio he was supposedly with Gambinos . Anyways , This crap overlaps so much who knows what goes on
That Cognata kid was clipped ? Interesting

Asaro I have read is a degenerate gambler so absent that it’s likely he would be a millionaire

Those Queens crews generate tons of $. Big younger crews, very active in gambling, drugs and robberies. Still old school mob activity there as they still have some control over the neighborhood. Lots of drugs dealing and robberies
A lil over 2 years ago he got himself killed , Was at Joe Amattuccio's house for hours on end stalking the kid then saw his GF and threatened her , Eventually Joe came home and was spotted by Cognata who chased him inside the Bldng and managed to get inside his apartment and chased Joey into a back bedroom with a gun and they ended up shuffling and Joe grabbed his gun and popped him 2 or 3 times in the head neck and chest killing him. He's been on Rikers ever since with a 1st degree murder charge
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

He definitely would have gotten made.

It just would have been in his 50s cause had he not ratted that's the next time he was going to be free.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

bert wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:46 am
I don't think he was going to get made, he seems like he was out of control and a wacko. Or he's exaggerating, but it was reported in that Capeci story that he was hated in his neighborhood, and was out of control with the violence. Maybe Casso would make a guy like that, no one else though. He seems like a nerd minus the brains to me.
Yea good point
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

So first he is violent and out of control...but then he is a nerd? :lol:
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:52 am
He looks like one, I didn't say he was smart like one or acts like one. The guy is weak looking. I know looks can be deceiving.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

bert wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:13 am
Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:52 am
He looks like one, I didn't say he was smart like one or acts like one. The guy is weak looking. I know looks can be deceiving.
He’s weak looking? What does that mean like physically or mentally or both? You cam’t judge how tough someone is mentally.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
PaddyWhack
Straightened out

Post by PaddyWhack »

Man he is way out in left field lol, he is like a bad Jimmy “two times” character .. ya know thats just me, it’s how I was LOL..
Hope to see some more interviews with him, would love to hear more about Asaro.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Targenmantarian wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:01 pm He definitely would have gotten made.

It just would have been in his 50s cause had he not ratted that's the next time he was going to be free.
I agree as the Bonnano family is the most violent and blue collar of the bunch so Gene was likely to be made eventually.

It’s interesting some of these violent HB gangsters with family ties to Gambinos were with the Bonnanos. Perhaps Monk is doing a good job of staying under the radar and steering clear of these violent cop magnets. Just a guess but when was the last time the Gambino HB crew got popped ? Seems like an impressive run for what has been a huge crew
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

TommyNoto wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:02 pm
Targenmantarian wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:01 pm He definitely would have gotten made.

I agree as the Bonnano family is the most violent and blue collar of the bunch so Gene was likely to be made eventually.

It’s interesting some of these violent HB gangsters with family ties to Gambinos were with the Bonnanos. Perhaps Monk is doing a good job of staying under the radar and steering clear of these violent cop magnets. Just a guess but when was the last time the Gambino HB crew got popped ? Seems like an impressive run for what has been a huge crew
They eschew violence.

As Borrello himself said he was the single shooter left. He did the heavy lifting for the whole crew with some assistance from rookies like Gotti.

Borrello would have been in by 40 had he stayed free. Asaro is another hated mobster who is known as an evil bully. Had Borrello not flipped he'd have right in.

That said had Borrello not ratted he was looking at a violence enhanced RICO bid.

So easily upward 20 years.
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

No doubt about it Gene is a tough guy but he is far from being the last shooter or tough guy left. Alite and other rats have said the same thing about themselves.

For that matter, Randy Pizzolo said he was the only shooter the Bonnanos had left...until he got shot and killed