Justifiable Rats.

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CornerBoy
Full Patched

Re: Justifiable Rats.

Post by CornerBoy »

billy jr
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

bert wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:33 am If we go by their stories they are all justifiable. Most if not all just don't want to do their time.
Ding ding ding. Correct.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Anyone who flips after they get arrested is literally just trying to get out of doing time.

And if you haven't been arrested then just flee, run, go on the move etc. Especially now.

Rats are cowards. They always posit justifications in their writings to make it seem like they had a noble motive. It's not true. They were buried and flipped to avoid consequences.

We have a culture wherein 99% of the memoirs are from rats. So people have a warped perception as to when it's acceptable. It really never is.

The guys who never get to tell their story are the ones buried off their old best friends who were brave and refused to visit the same pain on others. They may have been flawed in other aspects.

But imagine the bravery and honestly the selflessness of someone who knows they have an out but decides to sit for life or decades. They eat their own lunch and they protect their friends.

That's about as Christlike as you can be.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

People talk a lot of shit on Scarfo, Gotti, Amuso etc.

But when it came time to step up and walk their talk they all did or are still doing so.

May be evil or foolish. But they aren't cowards. They paid the Piper.

And re Scarfo.

Remember he was painted to be Hitler. And I'm sure he was awful. But the three people who wrote the books about him that essentially sourced his life story are Leonetti, Caramandi, and Delgiorno. All rats. The truth prolly lies somewhere in between.

Amuso too. He's described largely by D Arco and Casso and Defede etc.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

Targenmantarian wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:04 pm People talk a lot of shit on Scarfo, Gotti, Amuso etc.

But when it came time to step up and walk their talk they all did or are still doing so.

And re Scarfo.

Remember he was painted to be Hitler. And I'm sure he was awful. But the three people who wrote the books about him that essentially sourced his life story are Leonetti, Caramandi, and Delgiorno. All rats. The truth prolly lies somewhere in between.

. I don’t think they deserve praise lol. To be fair they were all bosses so unless they ratted on themselves there was no much to do lol.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

JMAN723 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:36 pm
Targenmantarian wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:04 pm People talk a lot of shit on Scarfo, Gotti, Amuso etc.

And re Scarfo.

. I don’t think they deserve praise lol. To be fair they were all bosses so unless they ratted on themselves there was no much to do lol.
Untrue.

Look at Massino, D'Arco, Defede, Casso, Natale, Lonardo, Palermo, Frattiano, Gravano etc.

Plenty of rats were Bosses acting bosses or underbosses.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Targenmantarian wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:56 pm Anyone who flips after they get arrested is literally just trying to get out of doing time.

And if you haven't been arrested then just flee, run, go on the move etc. Especially now.

Rats are cowards. They always posit justifications in their writings to make it seem like they had a noble motive. It's not true. They were buried and flipped to avoid consequences.

We have a culture wherein 99% of the memoirs are from rats. So people have a warped perception as to when it's acceptable. It really never is.

The guys who never get to tell their story are the ones buried off their old best friends who were brave and refused to visit the same pain on others. They may have been flawed in other aspects.

But imagine the bravery and honestly the selflessness of someone who knows they have an out but decides to sit for life or decades. They eat their own lunch and they protect their friends.

I'm getting to like your posts more and more..... I couldn't agree more!
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Targenmantarian wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:48 pm

And re Scarfo.

Untrue.

Look at Massino, D'Arco, Defede, Casso, Natale, Lonardo, Palermo, Frattiano, Gravano etc.

correct again!
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

And re Scarfo.

Untrue.

You misinterpreted what I meant. My point was who cares if they didn’t rat or did. They are all pieces of shit
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

JMAN723 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:58 pm

And re Scarfo.

Untrue.

You misinterpreted what I meant. My point was who cares if they didn’t rat or did. They are all pieces of shit
And I'd say that they are largely pieces of shit.

But you can't discount the selflessness of people who decide to sit in jail when they could trade their friends.

Cause plenty of other people took that easier option.

But the guys who didn't definitely made a conscious decision to endure a lotta pain so that their friends didn't have to.

So no they aren't all bad. If they were the. They'd just rat. That's the true amoral operator. Aka Scarpa.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

maxiestern11 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:50 pm
Targenmantarian wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:56 pm Anyone who flips after they get arrested is literally just trying to get out of doing time.

History is written by the victors. Crime history is written by cops, prosecutors, rats, and journalists.

The guys who just ate the time almost NEVER are heard from. My guess is they have a totally different perspective.

Frank Palmiri (not real name) is supposedly a mob soldier who got ratted into a long sentence and got out in the early teens. He despises rats and never says it's ok. He wrote his book under a pseudonym and trashes all the famous rat writers.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

Targenmantarian wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:19 pm

And re Scarfo.

Untrue.

But you can't discount the selflessness of people who decide to sit in jail when they could trade their friends.

But the guys who didn't definitely made a conscious decision to endure a lotta pain so that their friends didn't have to.

So no they aren't all bad. If they were the. They'd just rat. That's the true amoral operator. Aka Scarpa.

I don’t call that “selfless”. Honestly I don’t think there is any difference in ratting or not they are ALL scum. Now one thing I do agree with you is that people who rat should still get heaven sentences even if there is a reduction, they should still spend a good chunk of their time in jail. However I don’t buy that people who sit in jail are “selfless”. My father and uncle were NY cops during the 70s and 80s when the mob was powerful and destroyed a lot of innocent people’s lives. These guys get what they deserved are aren’t “selfless”
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Targenmantarian wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:23 pm
maxiestern11 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:50 pm

History is written by the victors. Crime history is written by cops, prosecutors, rats, and journalists.

The guys who just ate the time almost NEVER are heard from. My guess is they have a totally different perspective.

Frank Palmiri (not real name) is supposedly a mob soldier who got ratted into a long sentence and got out in the early teens. He despises rats and never says it's ok. He wrote his book under a pseudonym and trashes all the famous rat writers.
Great phrase and oh so true!

Visit my website listed below and click into “The Rats Nest” page.... I think you in particular will appreciate and enjoy my writings.

And if you like those, read some of my bios and the refreshing perspective I bring to this subject.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

JMAN723 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:31 pm

And re Scarfo.

Untrue.

I don’t call that “selfless”. Honestly I don’t think there is any difference in ratting or not they are ALL scum. Now one thing I do agree with you is that people who rat should still get heaven sentences even if there is a reduction, they should still spend a good chunk of their time in jail. However I don’t buy that people who sit in jail are “selfless”. My father and uncle were NY cops during the 70s and 80s when the mob was powerful and destroyed a lot of innocent people’s lives. These guys get what they deserved are aren’t “selfless”

They aren't good people. They are definitely harmful to society.

But again if they literally had no consideration for their fellow criminals then they'd all just rat and not take responsibility for their actions. And yet many of them choose to do hard time rather than evade it by tossing ithwrs under the bus. That is a selfless decision. Their other bad acts don't negate that good. Anymore than the good negates the bad. Lotta times the only good thing about a stand-up guy is that he stood up.

Standup guys know what it is and accept what they did and sit down for the time they are given.

And yes. They have zero consideration for civilians. That's not how their rules are written. They are only really responsible for being good to other crooks.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

Targenmantarian wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:40 pm
JMAN723 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:31 pm

And re Scarfo.

Untrue.

They aren't good people. They are definitely harmful to society.

But again if they literally had no consideration for their fellow criminals then they'd all just rat and not take responsibility for their actions. And yet many of them choose to do hard time rather than evade it by tossing ithwrs under the bus. That is a selfless decision. Their other bad acts don't negate that good. Anymore than the good negates the bad. Lotta times the only good thing about a stand-up guy is that he stood up.

Standup guys know what it is and accept what they did and sit down for the time they are given.

And yes. They have zero consideration for civilians. That's not how their rules are written. They are only really responsible for being good to other crooks.

They aren’t “good” to other Crooks lol. Let me give you an example Gotti was fucking the wife of another member of his own family and eventually knocked her up, so how good is that? Both Amuso AND Scarfo killed their own guys who were actually loyal to them. So again how is that being “good” to other crooks. I’m not trying to sound like an asshole but I don’t see it lol