Cleveland

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Cleveland

Post by JeremyTheJew »

was joe loose ever officially appointed boss??

i allways thought he was assumed to be boss and one of few remaining made members left
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:32 pm was joe loose ever officially appointed boss??

i always thought he was assumed to be boss and one of few remaining made members left
If you mean by new York , I don't know if the Genovese family officially approved him to be boss or not , whether they did or not he was recognized as the man in Cleveland .

off the top of my head i know he dealt with chicago , DeCavalcantes , buffalo , pittsburgh/youngstown
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

You can add Rochester as well. What was his connection to Buffalo? I'm not recalling it.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Stroccos wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:03 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:32 pm was joe loose ever officially appointed boss??

i allways thought he was assumed to be boss and one of few remaining made members left
If you mean by new York , I dont know if the Genovese family officially approved him to be boss or not , wheather they did or not he was recognized as the man in Cleveland .

off the top of my head i know he dealt with chicago , DeCavalcantes , buffalo , pittsburgh/youngstown
so what happened for him to basically lead the family to defunct? seems he had wide contacts and respect as well.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I believed Cleveland simply stopped making guys.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:11 pm

i always thought he was assumed to be boss and one of few remaining made members left
If you mean by new York , I don't know if the Genovese family officially approved him to be boss or not , whether they did or not he was recognized as the man in Cleveland .

so what happened for him to basically lead the family to defunct? seems he had wide contacts and respect as well.
took over a sinking ship , he just wanted to make money for him self , preserving A dying way of life was probably at the bottom of his list

as snakes said attrition which got its start dating back o the polizzi and scalish regimes not wanting to expand ,
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Stroccos wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:26 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:11 pm

took over a sinking ship , he just wanted to make money for himself , preserving A dying way of life was probably at the bottom of his list

as snakes said attrition which got its start dating back o the polizzi and scalish regimes not wanting to expand ,
I think that where some of the Short Sightedness comes in whether it's Joe Loose, Scalish, or Polizzi: They think that 100% of what they earn is better than 10 Guys kicking up 10%. The only thing is you can have 50 guys kicking 10% and that way you are making money even if a couple of them get busted as long as they don't rat.
Know which Game to Play
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

It was widely known that Scalish closed the books for a long time. Scalish trusted nobody except for those closest to him. Plus, by the 1960’s & 1970’s, Italians weren’t pouring into the city like previous years and by the early 70’s, the blue collar workers were all getting laid off and losing manufacturing jobs daily. Gambling rackets shrunk. I’m not saying that is the primary reason but it certainly is a part of it. Many of the rust belt cities dealt with this.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:29 pm It was widely known that Scalish closed the books for a long time. Scalish trusted nobody except for those closest to him. Plus, by the 1960’s & 1970’s, Italians weren’t pouring into the city like previous years and by the early 70’s, the blue collar workers were all getting laid off and losing manufacturing jobs daily. Gambling rackets shrunk. I’m not saying that is the primary reason but it certainly is a part of it. Many of the rust belt cities dealt with this.
I tink that was a factor , I would point out that scalish was in charge in 50-60's when the ecomony was booming , like you said he didn't need to expand pass the current members to maintain the power , as arm chair dons looking 50-60 years in the future maybe we are to focused on made guys , ONe Ronnie carabbia is worth more then ten made guys who arnt worth a shit , as we stated many times why would scalish rock the boat HE was making good money
there is still some good stuff that has not been talk about yet , I have a feeling ;) that information will come out once loose and Papalardo pass on hopefully not anytime soon as there both good guys, there is kind a rule of thumb you don't about people that are still alive