Upcoming indictments

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Upcoming indictments

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:33 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:22 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:38 pm I wonder what kinda orders he could have given from there...

He was passing his orders through Robert Spinelli. Probably others as well.

Pogo
The family rlly needs to move on. Bosses callin the shots from the can barely works.
Persico has been doing so for over three decades and Amuso has been doing so for over two. Thats two of the five families doing so in current administrations. So ummmm....... no.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:40 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:38 pm I wonder what kinda orders he could have given from there...

Pogo
The family rlly needs to move on. Bosses callin the shots from the can barely works.
Persico has been doing so for over three decades and Amuso has been doing so for over two. Thats two of the five families doing so in current administrations. So ummmm....... no.
And both families have had countless informants, indictments every two seconds , and the colombos had a war that almost destroyed the family. Imo if a boss has to serve a life sentence he should step down. Its much easier to have a fam admin on the street.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

What have informants or indictments got to do with a boss giving orders from the can?

Of course it's preferable to have an administration on the street, obviously, but two out of five families have had incarcerated bosses for decades and its worked for them, hence Vic and Carmine are still in control. So I simply disagree that it 'barely works' and that the family should 'just move on'.

But, semantics. Moving on.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Pogo
Thats not really your call. A guy works his entire life in the criminal world and ascends to the top spot, goes to life for the position and the family, doesnt rat...A guy feels like he has earned the right to keep power.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo
Chin also did it from his 1997 conviction until he died in 2005.
All roads lead to New York.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Would you like to be the guy who tells Carmine and Vic they are done as boss??
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Frank wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:04 pm Would you like to be the guy who tells Carmine and Vic they are done as boss??
Orena tried that. Didn't go over so well.
All roads lead to New York.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 5:02 pm
Frank wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:04 pm Would you like to be the guy who tells Carmine and Vic they are done as boss??
Orena tried that. Didn't go over so well.
Lol
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:48 am

Pogo
And both families have had countless informants, indictments every two seconds , and the colombos had a war that almost destroyed the family. Imo if a boss has to serve a life sentence he should step down. Its much easier to have a fam admin on the street.
bro.....
what? both fams had countles informants and indictments???
sometimes I think u just type some bs just to type...
we liked u man.... this is a rough board for ppl to like... but ur just fuckin that up left and right
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Pogo
bro.....
we liked u man.... this is a rough board for ppl to like... but ur just fuckin that up left and right
I think my problem is how i type. What I meant bout the two families is that carmine and vic’s reigns have caused a domino effect which caused people to flip and indictments to be handed out. Carmine triggered the third colombo war which caused major heat and a bunch of dudes to flip. Vic amuso’s paranoid killing spree caused a lot of heat and sent people running to the cops. Thier reigns have been shit. Not sayin i could do a better job, but rather that a lot of guys would be better suited as the don than vic and carmine.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:05 pm

Pogo
bro.....
I think my problem is how i type. What I meant bout the two families is that carmine and vic’s reigns have caused a domino effect which caused people to flip and indictments to be handed out. Carmine triggered the third colombo war which caused major heat and a bunch of dudes to flip. Vic amuso’s paranoid killing spree caused a lot of heat and sent people running to the cops. Thier reigns have been shit. Not sayin i could do a better job, but rather that a lot of guys would be better suited as the don than vic and carmine.
see now that makes sense.
okay, for your point about Amuso.... he actually did all that while on the street. if u want to get technical.... he became much more efficient in the can! but for real.

Carmine is tough to argue bc he spent more time in then out. he must have made seriouse moves when he was out. he was the one portrayed in GF2 where he strangled the guy but stopped bc the cop. I believe that's how he got the nickname the snake. was he strangling larry gallo?
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:57 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:05 pm

Pogo
bro.....
see now that makes sense.
okay, for your point about Amuso.... he actually did all that while on the street. if u want to get technical.... he became much more efficient in the can! but for real.

Carmine is tough to argue bc he spent more time in then out. he must have made seriouse moves when he was out. he was the one portrayed in GF2 where he strangled the guy but stopped bc the cop. I believe that's how he got the nickname the snake. was he strangling larry gallo?
Yea persico was the guy that strangled larry gallo. Not gunna deny that persico was a serious guy, just think he was a bit selfish as boss. He was too obsessed with makin sure the persico name was in authority. Funny how he went to such great lengths to make sure that his son would take over, and his son eventually ended up doin a life sentence.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

what was little Allie boy doing during the war? ik he was locked up for some of it, but not all of it.

he was in on the Cutolo hit I think??

lil alley boy is probably on of few sons in LCN that put in work instead of just off dads rep. not saying he didnt completely ride of that as well tho lol.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He was in prison for the whole war. He ordered to Cutolo hit but didn't take part in the actual murder.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:01 pm what was little Allie boy doing during the war? ik he was locked up for some of it, but not all of it.

he was in on the Cutolo hit I think??

lil alley boy is probably on of few sons in LCN that put in work instead of just off dads rep. not saying he didnt completely ride of that as well tho lol.
Pogo is right, and it's important to note that the Cutolo hit happened in 1999, six years after the war was over.

The war took place from 91-93 and Persico was set to be released a couple of years after. But he was nevertheless indicted in '93 and charged with directing the war from prison.

I'm pretty sure the only Persico of note on the street was Teddy Persico Sr., who I've read was a bit of a numbskull and only got the capo title because of his surname.

It's hard to blame one person for the Third Colombo War. But Little Vic - a cousin of the Persicos - knew that his job from the beginning was to keep the seat warm for Little Allie Boy when Allie was set to be released in the mid-90s. So it's natural why C. Persico felt it was a backstab by Vic when he tried to take over, even though Vic did it "lawfully" at first by trying to poll the capos.
At the same time, it's not hard to see why Vic wanted to take over. I've read that many felt C. Persico had "ratted" on the family when he defended himself in '86 since he sort-of admitted the existence of the Mafia in open court, despite the fact that his codefendants were still at a stage when their philosophy was to deny, deny, deny at all costs. Apparently many also felt that Persico's nepotism was hurting the family, a sentiment which probably rings true to this day. As well as this, Persico was, from prison, negotiating a movie(?) deal to portray his life story, which would have undoubtedly exposed the Mafia or incriminated certain people.
Honestly though, it all comes down to the fact that Carmine Sessa really fucked up the Orena hit back in mid-1991. I don't think Sessa has any redeeming qualities. Vic thought he'd be a loyal puppy-dog consigliere, but he backstabbed Vic for Carmine, didn't really contribute much to the war effort at all and was a weak leader during the conflict (according to Larry Mazza), and later backstabbed everyone by setting up everyone on the lam and ratting out not only the whole family, but his own brother.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com