John Rosselli / Tony Pinelli / LA Transfers from Chicago

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

yatescj7781
Straightened out

Re: Bonanno's attempted LA takeover / John Roselli

Post by yatescj7781 »

Let's think about it this way. What's the highest tank rosselli held in L.A.? Who was his capo there? What crew? Now what rank did he hold in Chicago? Who was his Capo there? What crew?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

yatescj7781 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:44 pm Let's think about it this way. What's the highest tank rosselli held in L.A.? Who was his capo there? What crew? Now what rank did he hold in Chicago? Who was his Capo there? What crew?
We moved past Roselli, we were talking about Anthony Pinelli. I quoted exactly what Ovid Damaris had said about Pinelli on the previous page.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
yatescj7781
Straightened out

Post by yatescj7781 »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:40 pm
Villain wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:23 pm
Antiliar wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:15 pm Villain, do you have a link to the informant who claimed that Pinelli transferred to the Los Angeles Family? My understanding is that he was always with Chicago, just like Frank Milano lived in L.A. but was always with Cleveland.

As for numbers, 60 at its peak is probably accurate.
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... membership
I have that one and forgot about it. Thanks for the link and jarring my memory.
The TE in that document is Bomp?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

yatescj7781 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:57 pm
Antiliar wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:15 pm Villain, do you have a link to the informant who claimed that Pinelli transferred to the Los Angeles Family? My understanding is that he was always with Chicago, just like Frank Milano lived in L.A. but was always with Cleveland.

Anonymous.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Confederate wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:55 pm

Antiliar, Your instinct on Pinelli may have been right. Here is a direct quote from Ovid Demaris in his great Book " Captive City" written in 1969.
Concerning Anthony Pinelli
(Modus Operandi: " A member of the Chicago Syndicate's Board of Directors, he ruled vice, narcotics and gambling in Lake County, Indiana, in the 1940's, moving his sphere of influence to Californiain 1953 while maintaining his position in Chicago and Gary, Indiana."

So, once again, take your choice of who you want to believe, the anonymous informant in 1968 or Ovid Demaris.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

7 pages and next to nothing about Joe Bonanno's connections to Los Angeles and the alleged takeover, just my own speculation. As is typical with any topic with even the slightest hint of Chicago, it's arguing over bloated minutiae that adds nothing to the topic. Thanks to those of you who have contributed in a meaningful way.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Bonanno's attempted LA takeover / John Roselli

Post by Lupara »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
Antiliar wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:33 am He apparently had lung issues. At one point he entered a sanitarium for tuberculosis.

I told you to tell 'em that you was in a sanitarium. Not sanitation, sanitarium. I told you to say you had TB and you was in a sanitarium. You was cured.

Pogo

Nice one! XD
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

yatescj7781 wrote:Let's think about it this way. What's the highest tank rosselli held in L.A.? Who was his capo there? What crew? Now what rank did he hold in Chicago? Who was his Capo there? What crew?
Good questions, would like to know this as well.

Apologies to B. for being one of this thread's rapists..
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: John Rosselli / Tony Pinelli / LA Transfers from Chicago

Post by Pogo The Clown »

A LE chart from the 1960s listed him as a Capo. It was incorrect for the 60s period but maybe he was a Capo under Dragna?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
yatescj7781
Straightened out

Post by yatescj7781 »

Confederate wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:16 pm
yatescj7781 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:57 pm

Anonymous.
I've read over it again. The TE in that document is probably Frank Bompensiero.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Lupara wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:06 am
yatescj7781 wrote:Let's think about it this way. What's the highest tank rosselli held in L.A.? Who was his capo there? What crew? Now what rank did he hold in Chicago? Who was his Capo there? What crew?

Roselli was a soldier direct to Dragna, almost a second consiglieri next to Dragna's brother. In Chicago he apparently was a soldier direct to Giancana, although Red told me that he was the capo for the west coast. He didn't have anyone under him, so if he was a capo he was a "capo without a crew." He basically did his own thing after Giancana left Chicago. Accardo and Aiuppa didn't care for him, so his days were pretty much numbered.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:49 pm
Lupara wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:06 am

Roselli was a soldier direct to Dragna, almost a second consiglieri next to Dragna's brother. In Chicago he apparently was a soldier direct to Giancana, although Red told me that he was the capo for the west coast. He didn't have anyone under him, so if he was a capo he was a "capo without a crew." He basically did his own thing after Giancana left Chicago. Accardo and Aiuppa didn't care for him, so his days were pretty much numbered.
What did Roselli do for the L.A. Family besides having a title during the Dragna years? It seems that all the work he did was for the Outfit in the Movie Business & Union.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

We don't have a lot of details for what Roselli did during the Dragna years. We don't have a lot of details for what anyone did except for Dragna himself. Whatever the case, Dragna had a lot of confidence in him, and both Fratianno and Bompensiero looked up to him.
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

I recall TLM saying Rosselli and Bompensiero didn’t get along.
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

For the period covered by the released FBI files, Bomp respected Roselli. After that things may have changed.