boss of bosses

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Re: boss of bosses

Post by Angelo Santino »

East Bronx wrote:
Chris Christie wrote:
East Bronx wrote: That's always been my position too, Rocco. I've posted it ad nauseam over the years.
My own worthless 2cents is that Gotti and Chin were achiral images of each other. Wearing a 2000 dollar suit and walking around in a bathrobe are two sides of extremities. Gotti (according to Gravano) believed he could cultivate a popular media image, Chin thought he could fake mental illness. But it doesn't matter because between those two extemes, lesser covered bosses in the other families went down at the same time Gotti and Gigante did. If Gotti crashed and burned in '91 while the other 4 bosses went onto become 4 Gamcardos with 20 year reigns then the argument of Gotti's style would have more merit. But it seems everyone went down at about the same time (early 90's). And if you're going to be a boss and then go to prison to die, do you really want 5 Chin years or 5 Gotti years? Granted Chin lasted a little longer out of prison but he was still facing legal problems by 92.

If I had to walk around in a bath robe and piss in the street in open public in order to be a successful criminal, I'd just conclude it's not worth the effort and get a job but that's me.
It's not worthless, Christie. What you say has a lot of merit. But it should be noted that if you take Gigante's years as a skipper and ad them to his run as boss, he had thirty years as a powerhouse in the street after he came home from the dope pinch. Gotti didn't have half that.
That's a very good point. But 3 years or 30, once your name and photo graces the top of the pyramid you become one of the top 5 targets in NYC, (back in the 80's) there was 7 agents for every made guy counting clerks and whatnot. An entire legal team gets set up to take you down. So on the flipside, Chin's 30 years vs Gotti's 10 (or whatever) prior to becoming boss, made no difference, they were swept up in the 90's. But I do see your point.

The lesson is, you can't run crime anymore on the local level. Back in the 1950's they could shoot and kill someone in broad daylight and no one would talk. In the 80's they could sit around construction sites collecting "no show" jobs. Those days are over. The guys that are members who have legitimate jobs don't work them as a cover, they work them to pay bills. Organized crime doesn't pay like it used to. On the Sopranos you seen families having sitdowns over 50,000, try 5,000 in real life. Is there even going to be a single social club in NYC come 2020?
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Chris Christie wrote:The lesson is, you can't run crime anymore on the local level. Back in the 1950's they could shoot and kill someone in broad daylight and no one would talk. In the 80's they could sit around construction sites collecting "no show" jobs. Those days are over. The guys that are members who have legitimate jobs don't work them as a cover, they work them to pay bills. Organized crime doesn't pay like it used to. On the Sopranos you seen families having sitdowns over 50,000, try 5,000 in real life. Is there even going to be a single social club in NYC come 2020?
That's all right on point, Christie. And yet when you point out that it will never be the same, the fan boys go batshit. You're old and bitter blah blah blah. You're a hater blah blah blah. You're a law enforcement fan boy (which is hysterical given my personal history) blah blah blah. But if you look at things objectively I don't know how you can come to any other conclusion. I think things will remain status quo for another generation or so, so the fat lady hasn't sung yet. But she's definitely clearing her throat and going me me me me me right about now.
Last edited by East Bronx on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Chicago
Straightened out

Post by Chicago »

Last edited by Chicago on Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Chicago wrote:Very well said. If I said the same thing, some asshole drug addict fanboy would come on here and criticize me for repeating myself. :lol:
I'm glad you said it. You are 100% correct.
Thanks. But I have just as many critics and stalkers as you :lol:.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Chris Christie wrote:
The lesson is, you can't run crime anymore on the local level. Back in the 1950's they could shoot and kill someone in broad daylight and no one would talk. In the 80's they could sit around construction sites collecting "no show" jobs. Those days are over. The guys that are members who have legitimate jobs don't work them as a cover, they work them to pay bills. Organized crime doesn't pay like it used to. On the Sopranos you seen families having sitdowns over 50,000, try 5,000 in real life. Is there even going to be a single social club in NYC come 2020?

good post CC
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

East Bronx wrote:
Chicago wrote:Very well said. If I said the same thing, some asshole drug addict fanboy would come on here and criticize me for repeating myself. :lol:
I'm glad you said it. You are 100% correct.
Thanks. But I have just as many critics and stalkers as you :lol:.
Remember though, BB is a movie forum first and foremost, the real life section is composed of curious stragglers who have the Goodfellas/Godfather in their head. From that point, they can either read up and ask questions or refuse to believe that what was depicted in Goodfellas/Godfather is 40 years outdated. Even the Sopranos took creative lengths, for one the FBI on the show was depicted as an incompetent bureau, the main cast ran around dressed like GQ beating people up in broad daylight. David Chase tried to show the downtrend but he also kept enough mob stuff (that barely occurs anymore) in there to suit the audiences.

Some people you will never convince. If someone wants to post about Charley Lucky founding the hierarchy and LCN began entirely in 1931 from ragged dago gangs and has no interest in my alternative, a salut. Makes no difference to me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts. Keep your narrative factually strong you'll never go wrong.
Last edited by Angelo Santino on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Cheech wrote:
Chris Christie wrote:

good post CC
Cheech, you havn't been posting much, I always look forward to your insight, you're one of the pack. Have a pepsi and come around more.

Salut, Francesco.
JBELL
Straightened out

Post by JBELL »

Chris Christie wrote:
Cheech wrote:
Chris Christie wrote:

good post CC
Cheech, you havn't been posting much, I always look forward to your insight, you're one of the pack. Have a pepsi and come around more.

Salut, Francesco.
:lol:
Double Standards Speak Volumes Merry Christmas to all the hypocrites !!!
Winter is coming...
You said lol,"Only little girls say "lol" " - Ed Scarpo
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Chris Christie wrote:In the 80's they could sit around construction sites collecting "no show" jobs. Those days are over. The guys that are members who have legitimate jobs don't work them as a cover, they work them to pay bills. Organized crime doesn't pay like it used to. On the Sopranos you seen families having sitdowns over 50,000, try 5,000 in real life. Is there even going to be a single social club in NYC come 2020?
Is this actually a serious post or simply hyperbole? No-show jobs are hardly a thing of the past. Mob guys have legit jobs as fronts and to pay the bills. There are disputes over less than $5,000 and more than $50,000. Social clubs? Obviously not as many as there were even 25 years ago but I doubt they'll all be gone in 5 years.
Chris Christie wrote:David Chase tried to show the downtrend but he also kept enough mob stuff (that barely occurs anymore) in there to suit the audiences.

What barely occurs anymore?
All roads lead to New York.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote:
Wiseguy wrote:
Pete wrote:It won't be over in 2030 that's only 15 years away all the current outfit guys in their 40's and 50's will still be active then. Maybe 2050 but I have trouble believing it will completely dissapear anytime soon though it will continue to weaken. Don't forget with the guys made in recent years the outfit has slightly more members than 15 years ago when difronzo wasn't making anyone. It seems around 10 guys were made since then subtract the 5 or so that have died and you have a small surplus. I would guess the membership will hover around the current amount for the next 20 years there's still a bunch of guys in their 30's who want a button
Where have we seen that 10 new members have been made over the past 15 years? And it seems a lot more than 5 members have died over that time.

Members/Possible Members Who Have Died Since 2000:

Donald "Angel" Angelini (2000)
Dominick "Dom" Basso (2001)
Carmine "Carmen" Bastone (2002)
Frank Bonavolante (2002)
Frank "The Horse" Buccieri (2004)
Eugene "Gene" Cacciatore (2000)
Marshall “Shoes” Caifano (2003)
Frank James Calabrese Sr (2012)
Michael "Mike" Castaldo (2005)
Anthony Centracchio (2001)
Anthony "Tony the Hatch" Chiaramonti (2001) (Killed)
Vincent “Jimmy” Cozzo (2007)
Charles "Charlie Specs" DiCaro (2011)
James “Jim” DiForti (2000)
Nicholas Guzzino
Ernest “Rocky” Infelise (2005)
Joseph "Shorty" LaMantia (2002)
Philip "Phil" Mesi (2001)
William “Willie” Messino (2002)
John “Johnny Apes” Monteleone (2001)
Bernard "Snookie" Morgano (2010)
Salvatore Muserino (2004)
Romeo "Jack" Nappi (2001)
Dominick “Tootsie” Palermo (2005)
Charles Parrilli (2005)
Aldo "Junior" Piscitelli (2013)
Albert “Chickie” Rovario (2003)
Donald "Sponge" Scalise (2013)
Albert “Al the Fox” Tocco (2005)
Alphonse “Al the Pizza Man” Tornabene (2009)
Anthony "Little Tony/The Trucker" Zizzo (2006) (Killed)
Pretty sure Nick Guzzino is still alive, that looks like the list I posted on the old forum a while back so maybe I made a mistake and accidentally placed him with the deceased.

This is a list of 41 guys that I compiled that are possibly made. Subtract the seven that are in jail (*) and probably another seven or so for inactivity and you have 27, roughly on par with federal estimates for active members:

Abbinanti, Robert (59)
Andriacchi, Joseph (82)
Bellavia, Robert* (75)
Calabrese, Nicholas (WITSEC) (71)
Calato, Joseph (64)
Caruso, Bruno (71)
Caruso, Frank (68)
Cataudella, Nicholas (54)
Cataudella, Salvatore (62)
Cozzo, Phillip (57)
D'Amico, Marco (78)
DeLaurentis, Salvatore (76)
DiFronzo, John (85)
DiFronzo, Joseph (79)
DiFronzo, Peter (81)
Dominic, Robert (63)
Dote, Anthony (62)
Fratto, Rudolph (70)
Gagliano, Gary (70)
Granata, Anthony (54)
Grieco, Joseph (86)
Guzzino, Nicholas (73)
Inendino, James (71)
Lombardo, Joseph* (85)
Magnafichi, Michael (52)
Marcello, James* (70)
Marcello, Michael (63)
Marino, Dino (56)
Marino, Louis (82)
Matassa, John Jr. (63)
Matassa, Thomas (68)
Mazza, Francis (62)
Salerno, Robert* (80)
Sarno, Michael* (56)
Scalise, Joseph* (76)
Spano, Michael Sr.* (74)
Spina, Anthony (60)
Spina, John Jr.
Spina, Chris (61)
Tominello, Raymond (74)
Vena, Albert (66)
I apologize I meant to say more active members than there were around early 2000's. Just going by your list there are more than 10 members not identified in the famous fbi list of 27 guys that came out about 10 years ago so either they made over 10 guys or there were 10 guys unidentified at that time. Either way that fbi list of 27 guys included at least a handful of guys in prison meaning they active made guys were closer to 20 then and as you said closer to 30 now give or take a few of course. There are certainly a few names left off that list but over all pretty close
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Chicago
Straightened out

Post by Chicago »

Last edited by Chicago on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pete wrote:
Snakes wrote:
Pretty sure Nick Guzzino is still alive, that looks like the list I posted on the old forum a while back so maybe I made a mistake and accidentally placed him with the deceased.

This is a list of 41 guys that I compiled that are possibly made. Subtract the seven that are in jail (*) and probably another seven or so for inactivity and you have 27, roughly on par with federal estimates for active members:

Abbinanti, Robert (59)
Andriacchi, Joseph (82)
Bellavia, Robert* (75)
Calabrese, Nicholas (WITSEC) (71)
Calato, Joseph (64)
Caruso, Bruno (71)
Caruso, Frank (68)
Cataudella, Nicholas (54)
Cataudella, Salvatore (62)
Cozzo, Phillip (57)
D'Amico, Marco (78)
DeLaurentis, Salvatore (76)
DiFronzo, John (85)
DiFronzo, Joseph (79)
DiFronzo, Peter (81)
Dominic, Robert (63)
Dote, Anthony (62)
Fratto, Rudolph (70)
Gagliano, Gary (70)
Granata, Anthony (54)
Grieco, Joseph (86)
Guzzino, Nicholas (73)
Inendino, James (71)
Lombardo, Joseph* (85)
Magnafichi, Michael (52)
Marcello, James* (70)
Marcello, Michael (63)
Marino, Dino (56)
Marino, Louis (82)
Matassa, John Jr. (63)
Matassa, Thomas (68)
Mazza, Francis (62)
Salerno, Robert* (80)
Sarno, Michael* (56)
Scalise, Joseph* (76)
Spano, Michael Sr.* (74)
Spina, Anthony (60)
Spina, John Jr.
Spina, Chris (61)
Tominello, Raymond (74)
Vena, Albert (66)
I apologize I meant to say more active members than there were around early 2000's. Just going by your list there are more than 10 members not identified in the famous fbi list of 27 guys that came out about 10 years ago so either they made over 10 guys or there were 10 guys unidentified at that time. Either way that fbi list of 27 guys included at least a handful of guys in prison meaning they active made guys were closer to 20 then and as you said closer to 30 now give or take a few of course. There are certainly a few names left off that list but over all pretty close
The FBI never differentiated between guys on the street or guys in prison when they cited 28 members. And given the fact that two other FBI estimates were 25 and 30 members, with no statement like "roaming the Chicagoland area," suggests that the 28 member figure was a total figure and not just referring to guys currently on the street at that time.
Chicago
Straightened out

Post by Chicago »

Last edited by Chicago on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Chicago wrote:That's true Wiseguy, but Cicero made some guys since that report came out so I think at least 24 active guys from 3 crews would be reasonably accurate.
Each crew usually has a Boss, Underboss, & 4 to 6 guys of made status who are supervisors. Then there are guys who are in the crews that work directly under the supervisors.
I would definitely say Cicero is the strongest of the 3 with the biggest current manpower.
Second would be 26th St. and third would be Grand Ave.
There are a couple Elmwood Park guys who are connected to one of those 3 Crews also.
The bulk of the Elmwood Park Crew is basically deactivated.
Maybe I missed something but where did we hear that Cicero made new guys since 2007?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I think it's just an assumption. The last "confirmed" making ceremony we have available is the one referenced on the B.J. Jahoda wire by Infelse in 1989 concerning Solly D.