Chicago mob boss solly D talking on Feds wire

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Re: Chicago mob boss solly D talking on Feds wire

Post by Fughedaboutit »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 7:10 am
20's through the 90's they had anywhere from 125 to close to 200 at their peak. Easily bigger than every family in the us besides the genovese and gambinos. The only families that ever had 200 were the genovese and gambinos.
Pete, I´m not sure from where you base your numbers on but the Gambinos and the Genoveses had 300 plus members at their peak. The Bonannos had close to 300 members in the early 1930s, that seems to have been their peak. The Colombo Family was the smallest of the NY Families with around 120 members and we don´t know how big the Lucchese Family was at their peak so it´s impossible to compare. But I doubt very much the Chicago outfit was bigger than the three smaller NY Families at their peak in regards to made members.

They weren't.

Pete is spewing pure BS. And he is upset I called him out on it.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

If I remember right, Valachi also cited pretty big figures for the Genovese and Gambinos at their peaks. Something like 450 and 400, respectively. Also, in his book Al D'Arco said the max set for the two families was 300 each. Even by the late 1980s/early 1990s the feds had the Gambinos at around 250 members.
All roads lead to New York.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:58 pm Joe Bonanno mentioned it in his book.

Pogo
And bonannos book was all factual :lol:
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:10 pm
20's through the 90's they had anywhere from 125 to close to 200 at their peak. Easily bigger than every family in the us besides the genovese and gambinos. The only families that ever had 200 were the genovese and gambinos.
Pete, I´m not sure from where you base your numbers on but the Gambinos and the Genoveses had 300 plus members at their peak. The Bonannos had close to 300 members in the early 1930s, that seems to have been their peak. The Colombo Family was the smallest of the NY Families with around 120 members and we don´t know how big the Lucchese Family was at their peak so it´s impossible to compare. But I doubt very much the Chicago outfit was bigger than the three smaller NY Families at their peak in regards to made members.

They weren't.

If you had one single fact to add to this discussion then I might be upset with what you have to say until then I'll continue to laugh at your ranting and raving
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Pete wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:26 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:10 pm

They weren't.

If you had one single fact to add to this discussion then I might be upset with what you have to say until then I'll continue to laugh at your ranting and raving
I don't need to add anything now.

Everyone else is doing it for me.

I will continue to laugh as multiple board members prove you wrong, over and over again.
:lol:
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Pete wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:25 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:58 pm Joe Bonanno mentioned it in his book.
And bonannos book was all factual :lol:

Actually it was pretty factual in that regard. No reason for him to lie with a throwaway line like that.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Is Solly D the Accardo ,power behind the throne boss or the Giancana front boss.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

In my opinion John DiFronzo and Joe Andriacchi, the two oldest guys left outside of prison, are retired from the life. DiFronzo probably has Alzheimer's or dementia, and Andriacchi may be going through cancer. Both are in their 80s, well off, and don't need the hassles of law enforcement going after them. So that leaves Solly D is the top guy. If there's someone else, then that person is an unknown quantity.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Antiliar wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:54 pm In my opinion John DiFronzo and Joe Andriacchi, the two oldest guys left outside of prison, are retired from the life. DiFronzo probably has Alzheimer's or dementia, and Andriacchi may be going through cancer. Both are in their 80s, well off, and don't need the hassles of law enforcement going after them. So that leaves Solly D is the top guy. If there's someone else, then that person is an unknown quantity.
joey a bounced back from the cancer but is for all intents and purposes retired. I think there is certainly someone under solly d running the day to day. Who that is is debatable but it could certainly be someone not well known or it could be someone like vena. At sollys age and all the time he's done he's very careful not to get pinched. Has a legit business he runs with his wife and lives very modestly. Very different from the old solly who was a big spaccone with a mansion and brand new luxury cars
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Scott said Vena was the street boss so he may very well be running things on a day by day basis for Solly.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

What's the current consensus on how many active crews Chicago has?
3?

What are the latest estimates for family size?
30?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I think there is 4 Grand Ave Elmwood Park Cicero and 26th St. It's hard to tell because I don't know how many were made by Marcello and Sarno. But I would think they would have made quite a few to keep the Outfit from going defunct.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:06 pm What's the current consensus on how many active crews Chicago has?
3?

What are the latest estimates for family size?
30?
Nobody really knows for sure. The last estimates from the FBI are from 10+ years ago.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I was just looking at some charts and adding up names and adding 10 because I read that Mike Sarno made new members it would be 40 to 50 counting the imprisoned members and some maybe retired members.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

My thanks Snakes and Frank.

(Good point Snakes regards the most recent official info we have is quite dated so hard to know for sure).
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.