Gambino Sicilian Faction General Discussion

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Gambino Sicilian Faction General Discussion

Post by felice »

according to Gravano the guy killed was a made membe
his name was Giuseppe Gambino and according to an Fbi agent he was related to the others
Gambino was killed by Oliveri over a domestic beef, they lived in the same building
LcnBios
Straightened out

Post by LcnBios »

AlexfromSouth wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:28 amTell me please are there any others listed in the original Eppolito regime? The regime latter wound up with Paul Castellano
One of the main guys was Frank Bonino. Another was Andrew 'Boston' Parillo. David Iacovetti was under Eppolito through the 1960s at least but might have been transferred elsewhere later on. Arnold 'Allie Boy' Romano is another one mentioned with this crew. They had a guy named James 'Jimmy Dano' Androlini who was carried as a member but might not have been made at all, just a close associate who was turned down for membership at some point. That's about all I've seen referenced so far.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:10 pm Tony' Vinciullo sponsored by Pasy Conte
Vinciullo might have been with Conte before being made, or transferred later, but at the time of his induction he was an associate in Daniel Marino's crew. Marino sponsored him and was probably also at the ceremony, I limited it to those specifically named as present. He's another one mentioned in the Cirelli bug, Gotti alludes to the need to put Vinciullo on a murder before he's made. That's probably why they made him part of the DiBono hit team with Carneglia.

Pogo, any idea where Vinciullo being with Conte originated from? I've seen it mentioned before but I can't remember where.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

JD wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:47 pm
AlexfromSouth wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:28 amTell me please are there any others listed in the original Eppolito regime? The regime latter wound up with Paul Castellano
One of the main guys was Frank Bonino. Another was Andrew 'Boston' Parillo. David Iacovetti was under Eppolito through the 1960s at least but might have been transferred elsewhere later on. Arnold 'Allie Boy' Romano is another one mentioned with this crew. They had a guy named James 'Jimmy Dano' Androlini who was carried as a member but might not have been made at all, just a close associate who was turned down for membership at some point. That's about all I've seen referenced so far.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:10 pm Tony' Vinciullo sponsored by Pasy Conte
Vinciullo might have been with Conte before being made, or transferred later, but at the time of his induction he was an associate in Daniel Marino's crew. Marino sponsored him and was probably also at the ceremony, I limited it to those specifically named as present. He's another one mentioned in the Cirelli bug, Gotti alludes to the need to put Vinciullo on a murder before he's made. That's probably why they made him part of the DiBono hit team with Carneglia.

Pogo, any idea where Vinciullo being with Conte originated from? I've seen it mentioned before but I can't remember where.
yes Frank Bonino. ive heard of that guy. where was he from? where did he operate? is it know.. Thank you very much JD, you have done me a big favor
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

JD wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:47 pm Vinciullo might have been with Conte before being made, or transferred later, but at the time of his induction he was an associate in Daniel Marino's crew. Marino sponsored him and was probably also at the ceremony, I limited it to those specifically named as present. He's another one mentioned in the Cirelli bug, Gotti alludes to the need to put Vinciullo on a murder before he's made. That's probably why they made him part of the DiBono hit team with Carneglia.

I think it came from them being indicted together in 1993. I re-checked the article on that bust but it doesn't specifically say he was in Conte's Crew though.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Eld
Straightened out

Post by Eld »

From the book The Gotti Tapes:

John Gotti: "...is not the time to "make" twenty guys, but not because they don't deserve it. We got people that deserve it, I think. We got Louie. We got that Tony with Danny Marino..."

Regarding Lorenzo Mannino:

"Lorenzo LNU, a candidate for induction into the Gambino Family. Sponsored by Johnny Gambino".
jimmyb
Straightened out

Post by jimmyb »

felice wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:05 pm Jimmyb, La Porta was from Casteldaccia. Several sicilians linked to the mafia living in ny area are from that village. Frank Di Stefano has been there several years ago, he is originally from there as well.
Thanks Felice, I appreciate that. Always wanted to know where La Porta was from. He worked closely with Bonventre and Amato back in the day, so I wondered if he was from CDG. I talked to the undercover DEA agent who busted La Porta a few times.
jimmyb
Straightened out

Post by jimmyb »

This is a great thread, thanks for starting this. WHen it comes to lcn, CDG and Detroit are my primary research interests. At some point, however, I would like to examine the Gambino org's transatlantic connections more thoroughly. I have some documents on the CH Gambinos and interviewed a couple of feds who investigating the Sicilians, but just don't have time right now to fully research this case study. Maybe down the road, if anyone on Black Hand is interested we can collaborate on something.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Jimmyb, are you in ny? I am actually coming to usa in june
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Man, I'd kill to sit around with Felice and Jimmy B talking about this shit.
jimmyb
Straightened out

Post by jimmyb »

I have a question about Lorenzo Mannino, maybe Felice and others can help me out.

Is Lorenzo Mannino related to other Mannino names mentioned in other drug busts?

For example, Ignazio and Emanuele Mannino busted in 98.

Paul Mannino busted in 1980.

And Domenic Mannino the philly pizza guy connected to Cherry Hill Gambinos in the 80s.
jimmyb
Straightened out

Post by jimmyb »

jimmyb wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:37 pm I have a question about Lorenzo Mannino, maybe Felice and others can help me out.

Is Lorenzo Mannino related to other Mannino names mentioned in other drug busts?

And Domenic Mannino the philly pizza guy connected to Cherry Hill Gambinos in the 80s.
Sorry, I think the Ignazio and Emanuele Mannino bust was in the 80s, not 1998.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

There are two Lorenzo Manninos, also. There is the well-known "Lore" Mannino who is always talked about, then another Lorenzo Mannino. The latter's mugshot (or passport photo...?) frequently gets posted incorrectly as "Lore" Mannino, but the guy's name is also Lorenzo Mannino. Felice, do you know what the connection is or where people dug up the other guy's photo?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

B. wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:41 pm Man, I'd kill to sit around with Felice and Jimmy B talking about this shit.
Would you kill for us?

If we would tell you to kill your own brother, would you kill your brother?

Would you kill if asked you to?

Nyuck-nyuck. :lol:
MoLarryCurly
Straightened out

Post by MoLarryCurly »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:13 am
bronx wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:51 pm pete was in jimmy brown's crew.
Thanks bronx
Pete 17 was officially acting capo for cucine. After Ciccone was hit with a lifetime list of people he couldn’t associate with they appointed Pete acting captain to handle matters. In their indictment in 2002 Pete’s listed as the acting captain.
You know I could have worked for U P fucking S and made more money then this....
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

jimmyb wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:37 pm I have a question about Lorenzo Mannino, maybe Felice and others can help me out.

no, they are from the same village, Torretta, but they are not related, actually Lorenzo did not like Ignazio Antonio and Emanuele Salvatore (they were arrested in 1988)
I don't know any Paolo Mannino, Domenico Mannino, owner of Mimmo's pizza chain was from Palermo.