Montreal: Rocco Sollecito has just been shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Montreal: Rocco Sollecito has just been shot dead

Post by Laurentian »

willychichi wrote:
Laurentian wrote:Here is an interview I did Friday regarding the status of the Montréal mafia.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/0 ... es-a-laval
Thanks Laurentian, Not very smart of Sollecito to stick to a predictable daily routine.

I think everyone of us has his own daily routine. It is part of our ADN, I guess, even for mafiosi.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Keep in mind Desjardines is not Italian and not made.

I'd be very surprised if he still 'had' a faction. If he ever did at all.
Desjardins has a large following of both French-Canadians and Italian-Canadians. Lots of young guys willing to work for him. He's gained a big reputation and respect over the years. And don't forget the influence of Vittorio Mirarchi, who 's very close to Desjardins and who has strong connections to Ontario. They'd probably want to avenge the murder of Di Maulo too.

I still think this could be coming from people who had aligned with Giordano. Arcadi may not even be that much involved but he's a hothead most likely determined to avenge the murder of his compadre and he let it be known that he wanted his old position back. I'm thinking that Leonardo and Stefano disagreed hence the possible fued between them.
My thoughts are this is from Ontario. I'd be surprised if there's that much to consist of separate factions left in Montreal. The remanents were under Rizzuto and Sollecito. I think Ontario saw weakness/an opportunity and is putting the final nail in.
Ontario may play the same role as they did 6 years ago.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:I think the only relative certainty, though I'm sure we'll find disagreement on this, is that whoever is behind this, it isn't NY. Gambino or Bonanno.

Of that I think we can all agree.
Nothing can be ruled out even though it seems unlikely. But the New York families are still involved in Canada and they can pull some strings. They might back a certain faction in Montreal that is trying to take over.

I never got this whole anti-New York sentiment though. When Daniel Renaud would say it's New York you guys would still deny it. It's just weird.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Laurentian wrote:Here is an interview I did Friday regarding the status of the Montréal mafia.

Thanks for posting this Laurentian. Glad it worked out. ;) I also missed your presence here. :)
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Lupara wrote:

Thanks for posting this Laurentian. Glad it worked out. ;) I also missed your presence here. :)
Thanks for your kind words. Actually I must say that I am more often Twitter than on forum.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

This article was just posted on the RD forum.

Gratteri: "Now the strongest Mafia is the 'Ndrangheta, representative of New Yorkers clan»

of PAOLO LAMI Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 13:02

"The 'Ndrangheta has become a referent of the Gambino crime family of New York . And 'as if Cosa Nostra had broken the umbilical cord with the Sicilian. A Brooklyn , now, it is called American, Italian and Calabrian. " Nicola Gratteri, the public prosecutor in Catanzaro , redesigns scenarios and balances of organized crime. It reveals how the Calabrian organized crime has, by now, taken over the Sicilian with a vision that leaves almost imagine a managerial vision of the crime.
"The 'Ndrangheta is the Mafia is stronger and richer at this time in the western world - reveals the magistrate - also because the matter ' 80 percent of the cocaine that arrives in Europe . "
the state of the art of fighting Calabrian crime ," there are in the ' Ndrangheta - explains Gratteri - some collaborators of justice , but we are still waiting the big boss , the big local leader who repents and is able to give an overall interpretation of the phenomenon. "
" the 'Ndrangheta and' very strong and very present in central and northern Europe, where there is a contrast to the very bland mafia - said the prosecutor of Catanzaro - but I have very strong views also in New York , which until 10 years ago was the exclusive prerogative of the five families of Cosa Nostra . Since the last survey I conducted has found that the family Gambino addresses the 'Ndrangheta to apply to enter the drug trade. It is as if what our American had lost the "pedigree" Sicilian origin, while the 'Ndrangheta in the United States , and in New York , and Brooklyn in particular, speaks very good American, Italian and Calabrian'.

Source:

http://www.secoloditalia.it/2016/05/gra ... ewyorkesi/
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

So is the above translation basically saying the Gambinos now use the 'Ndrangheta in the drug trade more than the Sicilian Mafia?
All roads lead to New York.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Wiseguy wrote:So is the above translation basically saying the Gambinos now use the 'Ndrangheta in the drug trade more than the Sicilian Mafia?
Very much seems like it, and it makes sense doesn't it?
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

Sonny I also have to disagree on Desjardins and agree with Lupara in that Raynald has a huge following and has always had a following after he married Di Maulo's sister. He is the most powerful French Canadian in the country period. So I could see him making a move as I STILL think it wasn't "just" the 81's that was after him (I truly think Stefano/Leonardo went to Mom about killing Desjardins). What a better way to get payback as to kill Stefano's Dad? Also Desjardins won't be gone for life, because after all this is Canada we are talking about and he took a plea. No way he took a plea for life because that is what he was looking at to begin with. You plea down, you don't plea to the original charge.

Same goes for Arcadi, could he now have the backing and this was revenge for Giordano?
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

dixiemafia wrote:Sonny I also have to disagree on Desjardins and agree with Lupara in that Raynald has a huge following and has always had a following after he married Di Maulo's sister. He is the most powerful French Canadian in the country period. So I could see him making a move as I STILL think it wasn't "just" the 81's that was after him (I truly think Stefano/Leonardo went to Mom about killing Desjardins). What a better way to get payback as to kill Stefano's Dad? Also Desjardins won't be gone for life, because after all this is Canada we are talking about and he took a plea. No way he took a plea for life because that is what he was looking at to begin with. You plea down, you don't plea to the original charge.

Same goes for Arcadi, could he now have the backing and this was revenge for Giordano?
I expect that Desjardins will be out within ten years after his sentence. Bear in mind that he has already served years by now.

And that latest article posted by Laurentian states that it is believed that this was a revenge hit for the murder of Giordano, something I believed as well.

If it indeed comes from Arcadi or people close to Giordano then we can speak of a civil war within the old Rizzuto group.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

I have no ground to prove that, but I am in the opinion that Lorenzo Giordano was murdered on orders of Rocco Sollecito, last March. I think that at that time Sollecito was the eldest most senior member of the former Sicilian faction, until his death last Friday.

I am also in the opinion that Francesco Arcadi, who was until Friday on parole and since has been put behind bars for security measures, is the one who planned Sollecito's assassination.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Again, these killings plunge the Mafia of Montreal into a chaos and further weakens it in front of the bikers who have reorganized in recent years.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

I thought Arcadi and Del Balso was put back behind bars since the Giordano hit?
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

dixiemafia wrote:I thought Arcadi and Del Balso was put back behind bars since the Giordano hit?

Del Balso first, then Arcadi, as of last friday.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

They are confusing the hell out of me then:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... unned-down
Following Giordano’s murder, both men were returned to federal penitentiaries out of concern for their safety.
Of course they could be wrong.