Places with the highest chance to encounter a Mobster

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: Places with the highest chance to encounter a Mobster

Post by johnny_scootch »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:41 pm The Knapik surname doesn’t come from a stepfather and Merola wasn’t his mother’s maiden name.

Andy Merola spent most of his life as Andrew Knapik Jr. He was born in 1967 and his parents were Andrew Charles Knapik Sr and Rosemarie Ann Luzzi. Andrew Sr was born in 1934 in rural SW PA near the WV border to Slovakian parents. In the late 50s, he moved to North Jersey and was attending Newark Engineering College in 1960 when he married Rosemarie. She was born in 1938 in Essex County to Angelo Luzzi, of San Demetrio Corone, Cosenza, Calabria, and Rosa Lavelli of Troina, in what is today the province of Enna, Sicilia. Rosemarie grew up in Verona and Caldwell and went on to become a teacher’s aide and then an executive secretary at Nabisco, while Andrew Sr was an engineer at Bel Fuse in JC. Both also were highly active in St Rose of Lima Parish in East Hanover and the Knights of Columbus/Columbiettes. Totally belies the low class vibes that Merola had always given me from his past cases and appearances in the papers.

Now, I’ve heard before that Merola was adopted and that Merola was his birth father or birth mother’s name. It could well be the case that he was in fact adopted, as his parents seem to have been rather devout Catholics and he looks, IMO, nothing like either his mother or older sister. It could also be that he made this up to qualify for membership. I have no idea myself. No one in his family tree, at least for the people who were his parents legally, had the surname Merola.
Thanks Tony that was it, adopted not step father.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Andy is extremely close with both Nicky Scarfo Jr and Jackie Nose.

-Dante
Russell

Post by Russell »

LONG ISLAND. EVERYWHERE. THEY ARE BUSINESS OWNERS AND NOT WEARING MEMBERS ONLY JACKETS BUT THINK ABOUT THIS. IM 45 FROM SO Southern Nassau county mom from far Rockaway dad from Greenpoint Brooklyn and the many of my best friends in fact half of my high school were sons and daughters of well-known associates or made people even of the month when you ask their parents where they're from New York I forget all the other answers but the bottom line is once they made it to a certain financial level their wives told them the raising their children in a better school district and got them out now Howard Beach decided to stay with their own town and build their own neighborhood and not run away but unfortunately East New York it was too late for that people were taking over Greenpoint became more polish Williamsburg you know but people do not realize how many gangsters there are living in the streets and suburbs of Long Island especially Southern Nassau county you've seen it recently on the bbust but it's always been like that
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pink's a bold choice.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Russell wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:29 pm LONG ISLAND. EVERYWHERE. THEY ARE BUSINESS OWNERS AND NOT WEARING MEMBERS ONLY JACKETS BUT THINK ABOUT THIS. IM 45 FROM SO Southern Nassau county mom from far Rockaway dad from Greenpoint Brooklyn and the many of my best friends in fact half of my high school were sons and daughters of well-known associates or made people even of the month when you ask their parents where they're from New York I forget all the other answers but the bottom line is once they made it to a certain financial level their wives told them the raising their children in a better school district and got them out now Howard Beach decided to stay with their own town and build their own neighborhood and not run away but unfortunately East New York it was too late for that people were taking over Greenpoint became more polish Williamsburg you know but people do not realize how many gangsters there are living in the streets and suburbs of Long Island especially Southern Nassau county you've seen it recently on the bbust but it's always been like that
My brain hurts from reading this
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Sorry didn't know it was that tricky if ud rather I name names I have permission from two of my friends to discuss family one did biggest teamster fraud in a real estate deal in history died in prison answered to Jimmy messeria who recently passed other was a lucheses in the last huge russian gas scam answered to captain Marco minuto from jersey
Rusd

Post by Rusd »

It's salmon
Laughmatics
Associate

Post by Laughmatics »

Why the hell would anyone want to bump into a mobster? I love following them through reading and keeping up with current events, but I have zero interest in actually meeting any of these guys.