Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Moscone65 »

Newyorkempire wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:14 am Any known retaliation for that rip off?
They killed cosimo commissos nephew also named cosimo commisso
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Moscone65 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:54 am
calabrianwatch wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:15 am
Moscone65 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:55 am Caruana cuntrera are still active in Toronto area. They were having a beef a few years back because they were ripped off by the commissos.
Is this when they attacked the house of Joe Cuntrera in 2017 or after? Because that was a strange one (I am sure people here have discussed it before, will check for previous posts...) to target the boss' house and get away with it....

As for Musitano, the way the story is told in Italy is: Musitano had alliances with Commisso and according to Commisso also with the Caruana Cuntrera, and had therefore dealings with Coluccio. The Coluccios were going to Buffalo often, unsure why but business related. When the Siderno fight erupts between Figliomeni vs Coluccio then this creates problems in the whole group...

The Costa murder in January could also be linked to this. Michael costa is a drug trafficker for the Coluccio - the Figliomeni want the Coluccio out so taking out Costa makes sense in this perspective... but I guess that is another story ahahah
And commisso is right in the middle because they are blood related to both figliomeni and some coluccios too. And ya joe cuntrera left the country that time. They are saying that the Wolfpack killed cosimo commisso (the nephew) but really it was on behalf of the cuntreras. I heard that when the younger cosimo got killed that the uncle went to New York to talk to people about getting revenge and assistance but supposedly they told him no because they shouldn’t have been ripping people off.
Any truth that the shooting of Saverio Serrano and the murder of Cosimo Ernesto Commisso were related, specifically positioning related to the legal marijuana market? Something related to the Loners MC and their friendship with the HA Nomads that ended up getting shot in 2016?

If Serrano was killed, instead of the woman with him, it would of enable a different narrative to be presented in higher level meetings, preventing more violence. Instead, people needed to cover from the mistakes, and thus, the fighting continued.

I’m pretty Comsimo Ernesto Commisso was close with the 1% club in Woodbridge, the Loners? Also, a member of the Loners MC with ties to the Commisso and Joe Violi was killed in 2019, Antonio Fiorda?

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... -etobicoke
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Moscone65 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:55 am
Newyorkempire wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:14 am Any known retaliation for that rip off?
They killed cosimo commissos nephew also named cosimo commisso
Is that an assumption or from a source?
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Moscone65 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:55 am
And commisso is right in the middle because they are blood related to both figliomeni and some coluccios too. And ya joe cuntrera left the country that time. They are saying that the Wolfpack killed cosimo commisso (the nephew) but really it was on behalf of the cuntreras. I heard that when the younger cosimo got killed that the uncle went to New York to talk to people about getting revenge and assistance but supposedly they told him no because they shouldn’t have been ripping people off.
[/quote]

Sounds about right...the commisso family is huge, so they are always in the middle of it. It would be interesting to know who they talked to in NYC....
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

NickleCity wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:06 pm
TommyNoto wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:35 pm
thesociety 89 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:24 am Todaro must be twitchy by now.
The Buffalo article said that there has never been a major case vs Buff admin ? Fascinating if true and also I don’t think a member has ever flipped. We really are flying blind with them but based on how cautious he seems too insulated to be worried.

Based on recent news , it seems like Buff has some been moving some weight and I wonder what the drug routes look like with Canada / Hamilton / Buffalo NYC . How much is flowing from Canada to NYC outside of weed and X.
There have been some major cases, you are right in that however the government has never been able to prosecute a successful RICO. Here is a quote from the Buffalo News:
The latest investigation is a continuation of unsuccessful efforts that date back more than a century, long before the iron-fisted reign of the late Stefano Magaddino, the most powerful Mafia leader in Buffalo’s history.

If there is a powerful Mafia family in Buffalo, law enforcement officials have never proven it.

Despite some successful prosecutions for murder, bookmaking, loan sharking, drug trafficking, theft and other crimes, law enforcement has never made a criminal racketeering case against leaders of the alleged Buffalo Mafia organization.

Here is a link to article quoted above: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crim ... fe74b.html

It should be noted that the State Police’s Forest Ave Boys (the precursor to the NYS Organized Crime Task Force did not trust the FBI at all. Here is a passage from Ch.2 of the Real Teflon Don that tells their story:
While the FBI never publicly recognized the accomplishments of the Forest Avenue Boys, FBI officials adopted and utilized many of the techniques the secret team developed to get listening devices into the cars, homes and businesses of mobsters.

What developed though was much better than the disastrous and heavy-handed FBI efforts that did not garner much useful information. One of Magaddino’s operatives likely discovered the FBI bugs and made sure crime planning and even references to the names of Magaddino’s “generals” and higher ups were never referred to in any of the FBI-bugged locations.

After the FBI began making regular visits to the facility, a sound-proof room was built into a corner of the second-floor operation with a desk in the middle of that room for the twenty-four hour, seven day a week monitoring of mob phone calls. Each conversation had to be written down by hand on the yellow legal pads the team shared in the sound-proof room. That inner sound-proof room was the farthest from the stairs to the second floor and behind the office the Boys had set up to keep the operational records of the unit under lock and key. The Boys much-justified suspicions about the FBI and their mistrust of FBI agents played a major role in the design of the Boys home-away-from-home. They set it up to protect the unit from interlopers—including the FBI! By late August 1964 the secret room―which became the second home of every member of the team―was fully operational with its wiretapping devices installed as far away as Magaddino’s funeral home and home in Niagara Falls and Lewiston thanks to the ineffective wires the FBI dumped on them. The only person not in the State Police kept up to date about the operations in the unit was Maury Gavin’s friend from the New York Telephone Company known as “Red.” To ensure security the stairs of the building were rigged so the unit could not be surprised. No mail was ever sent to unit members at the secret site and no visitors from Troop A were ever given guided tours of the site.
Also, I feel it needs to me mentioned that many on WNY question the whole first witness protection program that started in Buffalo. From what I understand the gentleman made many trips back to Buffalo and lived in areas out west known to have large mob contingencies. But I have to go back and find the information on this.
Thanks NC

Has a Buffalo made member ever flipped ?
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Fino
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

TommyNoto wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:37 am
The Buffalo article said that there has never been a major case vs Buff admin ? Fascinating if true and also I don’t think a member has ever flipped. We really are flying blind with them but based on how cautious he seems too insulated to be worried.

Based on recent news , it seems like Buff has some been moving some weight and I wonder what the drug routes look like with Canada / Hamilton / Buffalo NYC . How much is flowing from Canada to NYC outside of weed and X.
There have been some major cases, you are right in that however the government has never been able to prosecute a successful RICO. Here is a quote from the Buffalo News:
The latest investigation is a continuation of unsuccessful efforts that date back more than a century, long before the iron-fisted reign of the late Stefano Magaddino, the most powerful Mafia leader in Buffalo’s history.

If there is a powerful Mafia family in Buffalo, law enforcement officials have never proven it.

Despite some successful prosecutions for murder, bookmaking, loan sharking, drug trafficking, theft and other crimes, law enforcement has never made a criminal racketeering case against leaders of the alleged Buffalo Mafia organization.

Here is a link to article quoted above: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crim ... fe74b.html

It should be noted that the State Police’s Forest Ave Boys (the precursor to the NYS Organized Crime Task Force did not trust the FBI at all. Here is a passage from Ch.2 of the Real Teflon Don that tells their story:
While the FBI never publicly recognized the accomplishments of the Forest Avenue Boys, FBI officials adopted and utilized many of the techniques the secret team developed to get listening devices into the cars, homes and businesses of mobsters.

What developed though was much better than the disastrous and heavy-handed FBI efforts that did not garner much useful information. One of Magaddino’s operatives likely discovered the FBI bugs and made sure crime planning and even references to the names of Magaddino’s “generals” and higher ups were never referred to in any of the FBI-bugged locations.

After the FBI began making regular visits to the facility, a sound-proof room was built into a corner of the second-floor operation with a desk in the middle of that room for the twenty-four hour, seven day a week monitoring of mob phone calls. Each conversation had to be written down by hand on the yellow legal pads the team shared in the sound-proof room. That inner sound-proof room was the farthest from the stairs to the second floor and behind the office the Boys had set up to keep the operational records of the unit under lock and key. The Boys much-justified suspicions about the FBI and their mistrust of FBI agents played a major role in the design of the Boys home-away-from-home. They set it up to protect the unit from interlopers—including the FBI! By late August 1964 the secret room―which became the second home of every member of the team―was fully operational with its wiretapping devices installed as far away as Magaddino’s funeral home and home in Niagara Falls and Lewiston thanks to the ineffective wires the FBI dumped on them. The only person not in the State Police kept up to date about the operations in the unit was Maury Gavin’s friend from the New York Telephone Company known as “Red.” To ensure security the stairs of the building were rigged so the unit could not be surprised. No mail was ever sent to unit members at the secret site and no visitors from Troop A were ever given guided tours of the site.
Also, I feel it needs to me mentioned that many on WNY question the whole first witness protection program that started in Buffalo. From what I understand the gentleman made many trips back to Buffalo and lived in areas out west known to have large mob contingencies. But I have to go back and find the information on this.
Thanks NC

here is some of the people who flipped over the years . none made though
Salvatore Spano
Ronald Raccuia
ron fino
john sacco
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:37 amFino
The elder Fino was made but the son who flipped wasn't.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Novino
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Stroccos wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:03 am
TommyNoto wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:37 am

Thanks NC

here is some of the people who flipped over the years . none made though
Salvatore Spano
Ronald Raccuia
ron fino
john sacco

None made that have flipped. That says a lot
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

SantoClaus wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:51 am
Moscone65 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:54 am
calabrianwatch wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:15 am
Moscone65 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:55 am Caruana cuntrera are still active in Toronto area. They were having a beef a few years back because they were ripped off by the commissos.
Is this when they attacked the house of Joe Cuntrera in 2017 or after? Because that was a strange one (I am sure people here have discussed it before, will check for previous posts...) to target the boss' house and get away with it....

As for Musitano, the way the story is told in Italy is: Musitano had alliances with Commisso and according to Commisso also with the Caruana Cuntrera, and had therefore dealings with Coluccio. The Coluccios were going to Buffalo often, unsure why but business related. When the Siderno fight erupts between Figliomeni vs Coluccio then this creates problems in the whole group...

The Costa murder in January could also be linked to this. Michael costa is a drug trafficker for the Coluccio - the Figliomeni want the Coluccio out so taking out Costa makes sense in this perspective... but I guess that is another story ahahah
Any truth that the shooting of Saverio Serrano and the murder of Cosimo Ernesto Commisso were related, specifically positioning related to the legal marijuana market? Something related to the Loners MC and their friendship with the HA Nomads that ended up getting shot in 2016?

If Serrano was killed, instead of the woman with him, it would of enable a different narrative to be presented in higher level meetings, preventing more violence. Instead, people needed to cover from the mistakes, and thus, the fighting continued.

I’m pretty Comsimo Ernesto Commisso was close with the 1% club in Woodbridge, the Loners? Also, a member of the Loners MC with ties to the Commisso and Joe Violi was killed in 2019, Antonio Fiorda?

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... -etobicoke
Not sure about Serrano but yes the loners are close to commisso but also Sicilians, also I know the vagabonds mc also had ties to people in Woodbridge.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Quick factoids:

1. Manny Valenti, a Hells Angels associate in BC who was killed in October 2000, had ties to the Commissos in the Greater Toronto Area. (see Neal Hall's Hell to Pay, p. 58)

2. Johnny Sombrero, the founder of the Black Diamond Riders MC whose real name was either Harry Paul Barnes or Henry Paul Barnes (online obit shows the former, but his cemetery info shows the latter), was the son of an Englishman from Carlyle and a woman whose maiden name was Commisso. Barnes's mother lived to be 100 years old; she had many relatives involved in organized crime. (see Peter Edwards's Hard Road: Bernie Guindon and the Reign of the Satan's Choice Motorcycle Club, p. 22)

Photo of Johnny Sombrero is below.

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

What was Luciano “Dilly” Spataro‘s role in the Buffalo mafia family? Was he made? And if he ever gets out, do you think he will be take care of?
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Looks a bit like Frank Lenti, another woodbridge biker who supposedly was offered to join the mob and has close ties to mobsters.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:14 pm What was Luciano “Dilly” Spataro‘s role in the Buffalo mafia family? Was he made? And if he ever gets out, do you think he will be take care of?
I dont know about Luciano, but I know of an elder spataro who is involved in ndragheta in vaughan, north of toronto. They could be completely unrelated though. Spataro is a somewhat common calabrese last name.