Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by calabrianwatch »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:01 pm
Cheech wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:53 am
Slumpy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:32 pm Re: Violi,

One thing I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around is how an Underboss in Canada would be useful to Buffalo?
You ever seen a map?
Cheech you're now doing what you just gave Wiseguy shit for🤦‍♂️

@Slumpy I think it could be a few reasons. One reason might be to strengthen the ties between Buffalo and their Canadian faction. Or something entirely different like others have touched on if Buffalo is just remnants maybe it wasn't for Buffalo but instead for Violi to elevate his status within the underworld. Formely he was technically just a associate and there's no evidence he was recognized as a Ndranghetisti even though on both sides of his family he comes from Ndrangheta clans.
Let's not forget that there is no such a thing than being 'recognised as a ndranghetista' - you are either born one or you marry one.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Slumpy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:17 pm
OcSleeper wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:01 pm
Cheech wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:53 am
Slumpy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:32 pm Re: Violi,

One thing I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around is how an Underboss in Canada would be useful to Buffalo?
You ever seen a map?
Cheech you're now doing what you just gave Wiseguy shit for🤦‍♂️

@Slumpy I think it could be a few reasons. One reason might be to strengthen the ties between Buffalo and their Canadian faction. Or something entirely different like others have touched on if Buffalo is just remnants maybe it wasn't for Buffalo but instead for Violi to elevate his status within the underworld. Formely he was technically just a associate and there's no evidence he was recognized as a Ndranghetisti even though on both sides of his family he comes from Ndrangheta clans.

ahh I know Cheech, he's just busting my balls.

Thanks, though, that makes sense.
yes all respect slump. just busting
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:43 pm Just as an aside, I stumbled across this while trying to read more on the above report. Last month, it was reported Palermo investigators had recorded two mafiosi in Agrigento Province discussing an emissary from the Gambino family who had visited in search of a financially troubled company they could launder money through. The Gambino guy wasn't identified but he was reportedly accompanied by two Russian individuals and the name of "Dominique D'Acquisto" came up in the conversation. One could assume they were talking about Gambino captain Domenico Acquista.

https://palermo.repubblica.it/cronaca/2 ... 285890907/
good find
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:48 pmWiseguy, I made a whole thread about this.... yall crack me up with this shit..... NO ONE WAS INTERESTED!!!
Well, the info is pretty sparse so...
CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:18 pm

They didnt mention Chicago...

1. Chicago hasn't come up in any cases they have been following. Chicago has no connections currently with Italy.

2. This report is similar to Sergis, in that they use what information is availible to them. Its not going to be all right, or all wrong, they are in fuckin Italy. Ask an american journalist, or cop to get all the families in Palermo correct, all the members, I bet you money they cant. Dont hold them to such standards, you gotta be realistic....
Well, that's your interpretation. They listed the Patriarcas. What current connection to Italy do they have? Point being, it appeared to be a general summary of the mob landscape in the U.S., albeit with some questionable details.
All roads lead to New York.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

calabrianwatch wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:57 am Let's not forget that there is no such a thing than being 'recognised as a ndranghetista' - you are either born one or you marry one.
Not sure I understand what you mean by that
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Clarence man sentenced to 5 years in prison for possessing guns
Dan Herbeck
March 18, 2021

Clarence man who pleaded guilty to a firearms charge related to his drug dealing was sentenced Thursday to five years in prison.

Anthony Gerace, 41, who has been linked by federal law enforcement officials to an ongoing investigation into organized crime in Buffalo, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge John L. Sinatra Jr., who gave him the minimum period of incarceration allowed by law.

Federal prosecutors have named Gerace as an unindicted co-conspirator in the case of a former federal drug agent accused of taking $250,000 in bribes from narcotics traffickers with links to the Buffalo Mafia....

Link to the rest of the article: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/clar ... op-story-1
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

OcSleeper wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:43 am
calabrianwatch wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:57 am Let's not forget that there is no such a thing than being 'recognised as a ndranghetista' - you are either born one or you marry one.
just that in the ndrangheta people are not necessarily 'made', they are either baptised or promoted but they are in the ndrangheta by being born in the family or marrying someone in the family! so in this sense, Violi is born in a ndrangheta family, not that this means he has to 'use' that....
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Cheech wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:43 am
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:43 pm Just as an aside, I stumbled across this while trying to read more on the above report. Last month, it was reported Palermo investigators had recorded two mafiosi in Agrigento Province discussing an emissary from the Gambino family who had visited in search of a financially troubled company they could launder money through. The Gambino guy wasn't identified but he was reportedly accompanied by two Russian individuals and the name of "Dominique D'Acquisto" came up in the conversation. One could assume they were talking about Gambino captain Domenico Acquista.

https://palermo.repubblica.it/cronaca/2 ... 285890907/
good find
THIS IS AN EXTRACT FROM THE COURT ARREST WARRANT -

BUGGEA raccontava infatti che in America e segnatamente a New York operavano degli uomini d’onore (“gente buona”), originari di Castrofilippo, ed aggiungeva che nel 2005 e nel 2006 lui stesso, insieme a qualcun altro che non indicava, si sarebbe dovuto recare negli Stati Uniti dove era stato concordato “un appuntamento” analogo a quello che “tre anni prima” il noto mafioso “Totò DI GIOIA” aveva avuto con tale “Dominick ACQUISTO” , indicato come “castrofilippese che è vicino ai GAMBINO”.

(…)
«BUGGEA: …a Castrofilippo ci sono gente buona in America… a New York… dove io nel 2005 dovevo andare a incontrare… persone… a New York… e non ci sono potuto andare… poi ci dovevo andare a novembre 2006, 2005 sempre… ci dovevo andare a novembre 2005… per una cosa, per una cazzata …parole incomprensibili… mio nipote… non ci siamo potuti andare che avevamo altro… trafico cca… problemi, impegni, cose e cunti… abbiamo evitato… però c'era un appuntamento dda… l'anno prima ci è andato, due anni prima, tre anni prima c'è andato Totò DI GIOIA, ci l’aviano mandato e se ne è andato da Dominick ACQUISTO… questo Dominick ACQUISTO è un castrofilippese… che è vicino ai GAMBINO… questo CALI' che hanno ammazzato ora, la moglie lo sa chi era? INZERILLO…»

Nel rispetto della fondamentale regola che vincola tutti i mafiosi ad affrontare questioni di natura associativa solo una volta ottenute garanzie circa la comune appartenenza a cosa nostra, BUGGEA rassicurava il CASTELLO circa le informazioni in tal senso acquisite sul conto dell’emissario americano.
BUGGEA affermava infatti di avere menzionato proprio il mafioso “ACQUISTO” (che definiva come “un mezzo paesano nostro…”) al suo interlocutore americano, il quale gli aveva risposto che si trattava di un suo “compare”.
Una volta accreditatosi, “l’americano” aveva chiarito al BUGGEA l’oggetto del progetto criminale che si comprendeva essere riferito al riciclaggio transnazionale di ingenti somme provenienti da Singapore.

(…)

Evidentemente anche in ragione della portata dell’affare criminale propostogli, il BUGGEA raccontava di avere acquisito ulteriori informazioni in cosa nostra finalizzate a verificare l’affidabilità dell’interlocutore americano.
Il canicattinese informava CASTELLO di essersi recato a Castrofilippo dove aveva chiesto ad un non menzionato referente della locale articolazione mafiosa “informazioni su di questo”, ricevendo rassicurazioni sulla qualità dell’americano e sul legame che effettivamente aveva con altro personaggio, passaggio questo certamente riferito al nominato “ACQUISTO” ("…dice - è a lato a quello al 100%…").

(...)

CASTELLO Simone, dimostrandosi interessato all’operazione, chiariva che prima avrebbe dovuto parlare con una terza persona non menzionata onde acquisire ulteriori informazioni su “Dominick ACQUISTO” ed ipotizzava di rivolgersi a “Franco INZERILLO”, avendo BUGGEA confermato che il soggetto americano con cui aveva parlato lo aveva autorizzato a dire (ad altri esponenti mafiosi) che egli si muoveva per conto della famiglia “GAMBINO” a cui diceva essere legati gli “INZERILLO”:

(…)
CASTELLO: però… si deve parlare con… …parole incomprensibili… per… per capire a che punto è…
BUGGEA: zio Simò… io forse sono stato confusionario nel spiegare le cose…
CASTELLO: nooo…
BUGGEA: però dico… queste sono state le cose…
CASTELLO: confusionario non ce ne è… perché ripeto è una cosa che io già sapevo perché questa…
BUGGEA: però siccome mi hanno detto di convincere altre persone (si sovrappongono le voci, ndr)…
CASTELLO: …parole incomprensibili…(si sovrappongono le voci, ndr)
BUGGEA: ma qua è venuto quello… nome… cognome …parola incomprensibile… io sono…(breve pausa, ndr)
CASTELLO: di Castrofilippo…
BUGGEA: si… Dominick ACQUISTO… si può informare… si deve informare…
CASTELLO: ACQUISTO…
BUGGEA: se lo scriva … non se lo può scrivere?
CASTELLO: no… non ce ne è di bisogno, me lo ricordo…
BUGGEA: Dominick… che è Minicu ACQUISTO …parola incomprensibile… … sposta una …parola incomprensibile…
CASTELLO: dove abita… lo sai? Te lo ha detto?
BUGGEA: a New York…
CASTELLO: dove? Quale quartiere? Perché New York è fatta di cinque quartieri…
BUGGEA: non glielo so dire zio Simò… potremmo noi saperlo…
CASTELLO: Brooklyn… Bronx…
BUGGEA: oppure?
CASTELLO: Manhattan… ma questo a Brooklyn sarà… sicuramente… perché se è nel giro di quello li che…
BUGGEA: Brooklyn… Brooklyn… la stessa…
CASTELLO: zonetta intera…
BUGGEA: Brooklyn! Gli ho detto vedi che… se…parlo dico… tu devi essere…. Mi ha detto… puoi fare nome e cognome! Puoi fare nome e cognome …parola incomprensibile…GAMBINO dice è tutta… che con gli INZERILLO sono… e chi era quello Rosario GAMBINO che una volta hanno portato in carcere che era a New York che aveva una figlia sola questo… che lo hanno estradato… Rosario GAMBINO… che era…
(…)

Sempre riportando quanto gli aveva detto l’americano con riferimento esclusivo a questioni associative che certamente non potevano essere divulgate a soggetti estranei a cosa nostra, BUGGEA affermava che a New York l’egemonia del potere mafioso era tornato in mano alla famiglia GAMBINO mentre in Canada aveva invece preso il sopravvento la ‘ndrangheta:

(…)
BUGGEA: eh! E poi lui mi diceva, per dire… in Canada, per dire, ci sono i Calabresi… come mi diceva prima - dice - a New York erano forti dei napoletani… poi è morto uno… mi ha detto chi è che era… ma non mi ricordo il nome… per adesso ci siamo noi… dice… come Statuto e cosa! Però se si può fare qualche cosa…

CASTELLO: Già…
(…)

BUGGEA aggiungeva che l’emissario americano gli aveva paventato la possibilità di fare “altri discorsi” (e cioè evidentemente operazioni illecite) per i quali servivano delle “zone portuali” infiltrate o controllate da cosa nostra siciliana, precisando di essere interessato al porto di Catania in quanto a Palermo già queste non meglio precisate attività illecite erano in corso e che una eventuale cointeressenza della locale famiglia mafiosa avrebbe fruttato per questa una percentuale del 20% dell’affare illecito.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

calabrianwatch wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:38 am
just that in the ndrangheta people are not necessarily 'made', they are either baptised or promoted but they are in the ndrangheta by being born in the family or marrying someone in the family! so in this sense, Violi is born in a ndrangheta family, not that this means he has to 'use' that....
Yeah I know that but my point was to my knowledge his father was born into it but was a made member of the Bonannos, his grandfather and uncles were born into it but were/are Buffalo members. So were they recognized as a Ndrangheta family still? Was Dom Violi recognized by other Ndrangheta members as one of their own?
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

OcSleeper wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:45 am
calabrianwatch wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:38 am
Yeah I know that but my point was to my knowledge his father was born into it but was a made member of the Bonannos, his grandfather and uncles were born into it but were/are Buffalo members. So were they recognized as a Ndrangheta family still? Was Dom Violi recognized by other Ndrangheta members as one of their own?
eh - that is the question. the RCMP says he is 'ndrangheta. But clearly he is made into a different family. My analysis is that he is just someone who wants to expand and uses various ways to do so. we will see who he runs to when he comes out of prison in a couple of years considering that he might not have been an active ndrangheta member but he has enough (family) connections to work his way around them.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:14 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:48 pmWiseguy, I made a whole thread about this.... yall crack me up with this shit..... NO ONE WAS INTERESTED!!!

1. Chicago hasn't come up in any cases they have been following. Chicago has no connections currently with Italy.

2. This report is similar to Sergis, in that they use what information is availible to them. Its not going to be all right, or all wrong, they are in fuckin Italy. Ask an american journalist, or cop to get all the families in Palermo correct, all the members, I bet you money they cant. Dont hold them to such standards, you gotta be realistic....
Well, that's your interpretation. They listed the Patriarcas. What current connection to Italy do they have? Point being, it appeared to be a general summary of the mob landscape in the U.S., albeit with some questionable details.
This comes from the FBI - the map only - they don't mention Chicago because this was done by the office of NYC so only what NYC interacts with.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

calabrianwatch wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:40 pm

This comes from the FBI - the map only - they don't mention Chicago because this was done by the office of NYC so only what NYC interacts with.
Wow, that’s interesting, so cool that you got a response. Thanks!
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

SantoClaus wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:24 pm
calabrianwatch wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:40 pm

Wow, that’s interesting, so cool that you got a response. Thanks!
I got a response from someone I know at FBI - the journalist did a very poor job and scrambled an answer which allowed me to ask a specific question :D
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

How is that even possible?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.