General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Frank »

Wasnt it mentioned by Scott that some agents filled out a 302 in some cases back then on suspects that really didnt give information but were brought in for questioning
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Frank wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:26 pm Wasnt it mentioned by Scott that some agents filled out a 302 in some cases back then on suspects that really didnt give information but were brought in for questioning
He discussed this problem a bit on his OG podcast episode about Inendino.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:53 am Has it been confirmed that Butch Petrocelli was an FBI informant. Jimmy I’s son made an interesting comment on Facebook the other day. I attached the screenshot to this message. Interesting he doesn’t say anything about Scarpelli who also turned FBI informant before he killed himself.
Pat, you posted this a while back and it got lost in the shuffle it seems. Interesting claim by Tony I; I’m not aware that Butchie was ever confirmed as a CI. He certainly never flipped and testified against Jimmy and Harry.

Maybe Snakes has some info on Petrocelli’s alleged informing?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:58 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:53 am Has it been confirmed that Butch Petrocelli was an FBI informant. Jimmy I’s son made an interesting comment on Facebook the other day. I attached the screenshot to this message. Interesting he doesn’t say anything about Scarpelli who also turned FBI informant before he killed himself.
Pat, you posted this a while back and it got lost in the shuffle it seems. Interesting claim by Tony I; I’m not aware that Butchie was ever confirmed as a CI. He certainly never flipped and testified against Jimmy and Harry.

The interesting thing about it Tony is that as much of a reputation that the wild bunch had, almost all of them have been accused of being informants at one time or another. I posted that thing about Butch before the Jimmy I accusation. Now that Jimmy has been accused, you have Butch, Scarpelli Jimmy I and Scalise have all been accused at one time or another. The only ones that have not are Aleman and Borsellini. 4 out of 6.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:06 am

The interesting thing about it Tony is that as much of a reputation that the wild bunch had, almost all of them have been accused of being informants at one time or another. I posted that thing about Butch before the Jimmy I accusation. Now that Jimmy has been accused, you have Butch, Scarpelli Jimmy I and Scalise have all been accused at one time or another. The only ones that have not are Aleman and Borsellini. 4 out of 6.
Leonard Foresta was part of that crew too right? I believe he testified. When was Scalise an informant?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:51 am

Leonard Foresta was part of that crew too right? I believe he testified. When was Scalise an informant?
Well, Scalise was a "technical advisor" for a major film, so I guess people thought he was being too loose with his associations? I've never heard of him being an informant beyond that.

Same for Butch, who seemed to have a rep as a snitch *within* the org, for example, setting up Borsellino by accusing him of holding back on what he kicked up or stealing money earmarked for Aleman (both of which Butch was probably more guilty of than Borsellino).
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Interesting, i missed that post as well.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:05 am

Well, Scalise was a "technical advisor" for a major film, so I guess people thought he was being too loose with his associations? I've never heard of him being an informant beyond that.

Same for Butch, who seemed to have a rep as a snitch *within* the org, for example, setting up Borsellino by accusing him of holding back on what he kicked up or stealing money earmarked for Aleman (both of which Butch was probably more guilty of than Borsellino).
Snakes, in regards to Scalise. There were two times that I know of that he was accused of being an informant. The FBI interviewed while he was in London. After the interview the bodies linked to the chop shop wars were discovered buried close to his house. I even thought he might have been moved from a London prison to the United States but would have to look into that more. It was being spread around that he was and even his lawyer called up the newspaper and told them that he was not cooperating in anyway and that he didn’t tell the FBI anything when they went to London to interview him.

The second time I know is when he was busted for cocaine dealing in the late 90s. The Feds said that he agreed to cooperate and I think helped them but don’t know how.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Just heard Nick Calabrese passed away. It’s funny bc I recently heard that he was just living in the Norridge area. I guess he was not afraid of revenge. Heard his health was bad so I’m not surprised that he passed away.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:37 pm

Snakes, in regards to Scalise. There were two times that I know of that he was accused of being an informant. The FBI interviewed while he was in London. After the interview the bodies linked to the chop shop wars were discovered buried close to his house. I even thought he might have been moved from a London prison to the United States but would have to look into that more. It was being spread around that he was and even his lawyer called up the newspaper and told them that he was not cooperating in anyway and that he didn’t tell the FBI anything when they went to London to interview him.

The second time I know is when he was busted for cocaine dealing in the late 90s. The Feds said that he agreed to cooperate and I think helped them but don’t know how.
I'd think they wouldn't give Scalise anything if he didn't tell them what happened to the diamond.

Sometimes these plea deals (re: cocaine) are almost akin to informing, especially when it comes to drugs (who is the provider, etc.)
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:25 pm Just heard Nick Calabrese passed away. It’s funny bc I recently heard that he was just living in the Norridge area. I guess he was not afraid of revenge. Heard his health was bad so I’m not surprised that he passed away.
He was 80 years old, so lived a long life.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:26 pm

I'd think they wouldn't give Scalise anything if he didn't tell them what happened to the diamond.

Sometimes these plea deals (re: cocaine) are almost akin to informing, especially when it comes to drugs (who is the provider, etc.)
I attached the article from May 20 1988. In regards to the cocaine indictment and cooperation. I saw an article that one of the guys he was indicted with was found not guilty of the conspiracy and Scalise was never called to testify. I think by that time he was pretty much out of Outfit business as just working solo. 10 years later he would be arrested for trying to rob Lapietra’s house.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:10 pm

I attached the article from May 20 1988. In regards to the cocaine indictment and cooperation. I saw an article that one of the guys he was indicted with was found not guilty of the conspiracy and Scalise was never called to testify. I think by that time he was pretty much out of Outfit business as just working solo. 10 years later he would be arrested for trying to rob Lapietra’s house.
If he was out, he must have gotten back in on some level because he was surveilled meeting with Inendino prior to the LaPietra break-in and was caught on wiretap saying he talked to "Jim" [Inendino] who "talked to the guy" [Toots?] and was told "no one was there." Scalise needing to go through Inendino would make sense as they had been in the same crew years prior and Inendino may have been bossing the crew by 2010.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:18 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:10 pm

If he was out, he must have gotten back in on some level because he was surveilled meeting with Inendino prior to the LaPietra break-in and was caught on wiretap saying he talked to "Jim" [Inendino] who "talked to the guy" [Toots?] and was told "no one was there." Scalise needing to go through Inendino would make sense as they had been in the same crew years prior and Inendino may have been bossing the crew by 2010.
That’s very interested. Did not know he met with Jimmy I prior to the break in. Obviously the two were close considering they came from Taylor street together. Scalise is supposedly living in Wisconsin now. Heard he was at Jimmy I’s wake and was talking with Aleman’s brother for a very long time which makes sense since they both were arrested together in the 90s.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:34 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:25 pm Just heard Nick Calabrese passed away. It’s funny bc I recently heard that he was just living in the Norridge area. I guess he was not afraid of revenge. Heard his health was bad so I’m not surprised that he passed away.
He was 80 years old, so lived a long life.
Yes he did. I just saw the gangster report and it said he died in the witness protection program. Not true. He was living in Norridge with his wife.