General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

And not to play devil's advocate, but I've also seen evidence that the "C" in the informant's symbol number also stands for "criminal," meaning the informant provides information of a "general criminal nature." "OC" would indicate the informant provided information on organized crime, specifically.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Now, this all may be a moot point as the file stated Inendino was carried as an informant, but I think the symbol code relevance needs to be clarified.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Snakes wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:24 am Now, this all may be a moot point as the file stated Inendino was carried as an informant, but I think the symbol code relevance needs to be clarified.
Well, according to Scott's sources, "C" in his file "6931-C" (apparently this was visible in the TV news reports on this matter last week) stands for "closed", and active informants would have “CI,” “CW,” or “CL”. No idea how accurate this is.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Ivan wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:55 am
Snakes wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:24 am Now, this all may be a moot point as the file stated Inendino was carried as an informant, but I think the symbol code relevance needs to be clarified.
Well, according to Scott's sources, "C" in his file "6931-C" (apparently this was visible in the TV news reports on this matter last week) stands for "closed", and active informants would have “CI,” “CW,” or “CL”. No idea how accurate this is.
My argument against that is the suffix symbol represents "the primary area in which the informant will be providing informational assistance." It seems conflicting to have a suffix symbol (in this case, "C") represent both general criminal matters and "closed" informants. Again, I don't think it matters much in the long run as it doesn't appear that Inendino gave information after the mid-70s or even gave information on organized crime matters.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Yeah, the document had nothing but cooperation in terms of giving info on the truck hijacking racket in March 1965, May 1969, and from May 1974 to March 1975.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:16 am
Ivan wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:55 am
My argument against that is the suffix symbol represents "the primary area in which the informant will be providing informational assistance." It seems conflicting to have a suffix symbol (in this case, "C") represent both general criminal matters and "closed" informants. Again, I don't think it matters much in the long run as it doesn't appear that Inendino gave information after the mid-70s or even gave information on organized crime matters.
Another consideration is that in 1978, the FBI initiated the Criminal Informant Program, replacing the Top Echelon Criminal Informant Program that began in 1961. It’s been unclear to me to what degree informant protocol changed from one program to the other, but all of the info that I’ve seen seems to refer solely to the latter.

FWIW, the period in question for Inendino occurred under the TECIP, of course, and I don’t recall at the moment ever seeing CI or CW as code suffices for informants in that era. I believe that convention didn’t come into use until later (if I’m wrong, someone please correct me). One sees ####-C, ####-PC, and ####-CTE (“Criminal Top Echelon”). So my impression is that Inendino’s “C” is probably indeed just referring to the fact that he was giving intel only on truck hijacking.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:51 am FWIW, the period in question for Inendino occurred under the TECIP, of course, and I don’t recall at the moment ever seeing CI or CW as code suffices for informants in that era. I believe that convention didn’t come into use until later (if I’m wrong, someone please correct me). One sees ####-C, ####-PC, and ####-CTE (“Criminal Top Echelon”). So my impression is that Inendino’s “C” is probably indeed just referring to the fact that he was giving intel only on truck hijacking.
That's the way I see it, too. His sources whiffed on this one.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Scott's sources are the biggest mystery
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Not to mention if the document is dated 1980, how does he know if Jimmy I gave information after 1980? It wasn’t a document that was officially released years later which maybe could have had added pages saying he stopped cooperating. No proof that he didn’t talk after this document was made. Not saying that he did but there is no proof that he didn’t.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:32 pm Not to mention if the document is dated 1980, how does he know if Jimmy I gave information after 1980? It wasn’t a document that was officially released years later which maybe could have had added pages saying he stopped cooperating. No proof that he didn’t talk after this document was made. Not saying that he did but there is no proof that he didn’t.
Yeah, what Goudie released can neither confirm nor deny whether Inendino informed at a later date; it tells us nothing whatsoever about that question. Just that as of 1980 he had “informed” (and as has been discussed the FBI could be very cavalier by what this constituted) with respect to truck hijacking in the 60s and 70s. Which could mean he was really giving them info on hijacking or just spoke a bit with agents. It doesn’t tell us much at all and I’ve never seen Inendino’s informant code in a file myself, which is at least consistent with him not giving OC-related info. It doesn’t make him look good, in that even as an associate he technically wasn’t supposed to be talking to LE at all, even about non-connected guys, but people may be over-assuming the severity of it.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Honk
On Record

Post by Honk »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:10 am Scott's sources are the biggest mystery
Along with 99.99% of ‘sources’ used and quoted every day.

Are you expecting journalists to state who their source is in every article?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Honk wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:06 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:10 am Scott's sources are the biggest mystery
Along with 99.99% of ‘sources’ used and quoted every day.

Are you expecting journalists to state who their source is in every article?
Usually journalists have had to have their articles sourced. They teach you that in school to cite your sources. Now I understand when you are dealing with a criminal element you reveal your source you blow your story but his sources in 2023 have provided much different information then they did in 2022 is my point.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Honk Honk