General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:24 pm
Ivan wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:42 pm
funkster wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:17 pm I hope he is on a track to Captain, it would make things interesting :D
He's a hoot. Very entertaining figure. Didn't think the mob would ever produce some super-colorful guys in this century, and then this character just came out of nowhere a few years ago. :lol:
Paulie Cap is a very Chicago (and specifically Cicero) kind of character. I’m really hoping that the guy becomes boss of the entire Family some day and someone flips on him and records dozens of hours of Paulie talking shit.

Just think of the absolute gold mine that we missed out on because no one recorded Joey fuckin’ Lombardo like this. That shit would’ve been the motherload of mob quotes (yeah, yeah, nuttin’ but da trut’).
Hey, we caught him a couple times on the Eboli and the Morris Shenker recordings. A few good quotes from those
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Yeah Tony I'm in total agreement but there's just something unbosslike about him that I can't quite put my finger on. I can't even really imagine him getting made (even if he really was at some point). Just picturing him doing the ceremony makes me giggle.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:38 pm
PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:24 pm
Ivan wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:42 pm
funkster wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:17 pm I hope he is on a track to Captain, it would make things interesting :D
He's a hoot. Very entertaining figure. Didn't think the mob would ever produce some super-colorful guys in this century, and then this character just came out of nowhere a few years ago. :lol:
Paulie Cap is a very Chicago (and specifically Cicero) kind of character. I’m really hoping that the guy becomes boss of the entire Family some day and someone flips on him and records dozens of hours of Paulie talking shit.

Just think of the absolute gold mine that we missed out on because no one recorded Joey fuckin’ Lombardo like this. That shit would’ve been the motherload of mob quotes (yeah, yeah, nuttin’ but da trut’).
Hey, we caught him a couple times on the Eboli and the Morris Shenker recordings. A few good quotes from those
Good catch. We deserve more though.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:42 pm Yeah Tony I'm in total agreement but there's just something unbosslike about him that I can't quite put my finger on. I can't even really imagine him getting made (even if he really was at some point). Just picturing him doing the ceremony makes me giggle.
You know if he is made he was super fucking serious when it happened and has been walking around thinking he’s the rebirth of Accardo, Mooney, and Carlo Gambino rolled into one. It’s who he is!
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:13 pm
Ivan wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:42 pm Yeah Tony I'm in total agreement but there's just something unbosslike about him that I can't quite put my finger on. I can't even really imagine him getting made (even if he really was at some point). Just picturing him doing the ceremony makes me giggle.
You know if he is made he was super fucking serious when it happened and has been walking around thinking he’s the rebirth of Accardo, Mooney, and Carlo Gambino rolled into one. It’s who he is!
Hahahahaha oh man that is funny.

Does he man his pizzeria himself or does he have others running it for him? I kinda want to walk in on him some day when he's there next time I'm in Chicagoland (I already inflicted this on poor Todaro in Buffalo).
Waingro
Straightened out

Post by Waingro »

My problem with Scott and his sources is he's only using names we already know. Anybody can say a Ferriola or Caruso is moving up in Chinatown when those are the only people we know. He should be able to give us some new names.

Rudy Fratto isn't going to be around much longer so what do you say when you don't know the names of anyone underneath him? Say Elmwood Park is going to fold into Cicero. If he had legit sources he would tell us who is going to replace him and keep the crew running.

Same thing with Louie Rainone.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Waingro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:34 pm My problem with Scott and his sources is he's only using names we already know. Anybody can say a Ferriola or Caruso is moving up in Chinatown when those are the only people we know. He should be able to give us some new names.

Rudy Fratto isn't going to be around much longer so what do you say when you don't know the names of anyone underneath him? Say Elmwood Park is going to fold into Cicero. If he had legit sources he would tell us who is going to replace him and keep the crew running.

Same thing with Louie Rainone.
That was my initial complaint, too, but I would also think that sources would be hesitant to reveal names of people we don't know for fear of exposing who they (the sources) are. Likewise, law enforcement connections may not want to namedrop someone who doesn't know they have been identified by law enforcement as connected. I can understand both sides, though.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:39 pm

Does he man his pizzeria himself or does he have others running it for him? I kinda want to walk in on him some day when he's there next time I'm in Chicagoland (I already inflicted this on poor Todaro in Buffalo).
I have no idea if Paulie is personally running Capri in Bloomingdale today, haven’t been out that way in a while. Patrick might know.

If you think Paulie is a character, you should see Gigi.

https://www.tiktok.com/@capriristorante ... 5131077934

“Deese are pork… Dis my mudder’s way, only way, Calabres’ way.. An’ remember annuder t’ing, if yer my frien’ yer never starvin’”.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

I don't know how I overlooked this when the Carparelli article dropped yesterday, but Scott's sources told him that Paulie was indeed made by Sarno.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:00 pm

I have no idea if Paulie is personally running Capri in Bloomingdale today, haven’t been out that way in a while. Patrick might know.

“Deese are pork… Dis my mudder’s way, only way, Calabres’ way.. An’ remember annuder t’ing, if yer my frien’ yer never starvin’”.
I believe you mean Burr Ridge. Paulie is close to Gigi for obvious reasons (Cicero, 12th St Players). He’s at Capri a lot. Especially “Are We Live” bar next to Capri which is also owned by Gigi. He is not running the place, just hanging out there. Paulie is a gangster. It’s all he ever wanted to be and it is what he is now. Not saying he is the most sophisticated one but he will makes moves if the opportunity is there. A lot of people were pissed at him for running his mouth on the wiretap, especially Solly D. Some have forgiven him and some not.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:51 am

I believe you mean Burr Ridge. Paulie is close to Gigi for obvious reasons (Cicero, 12th St Players). He’s at Capri a lot. Especially “Are We Live” bar next to Capri which is also owned by Gigi. He is not running the place, just hanging out there. Paulie is a gangster. It’s all he ever wanted to be and it is what he is now. Not saying he is the most sophisticated one but he will makes moves if the opportunity is there. A lot of people were pissed at him for running his mouth on the wiretap, especially Solly D. Some have forgiven him and some not.
Thanks, I knew you’d be in the know.

Paulie used to own the Capri location in Bloomingdale, which closed down like 2014-2015, right? I forget the specifics and was thinking that the Bloomingdale location was still functioning.

Is Paulie a silent partner or invested in Capri Burr Ridge at all? I feel like I’ve heard that before but could be off.

Is Tony Gallichio still involved with Capri?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Carparelli, Gallichio, and Johnny Rovito were partners in the Bloomingdale location. I think it was more a pizzeria/deli than a restaurant. Pretty sure it closed
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Ivan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:48 am I don't know how I overlooked this when the Carparelli article dropped yesterday, but Scott's sources told him that Paulie was indeed made by Sarno.
Not sure how that happens. Sarno was indicted in 2009 and sentenced in 2010. As I said, according to Carpelli's prosecutor, he was still a wannabe member in 2016. Did they have the induction by Zoom? Maybe we should ask one of the other "20 to 30" guys Sarno inducted in the 2000s.
All roads lead to New York.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:49 pm Carparelli, Gallichio, and Johnny Rovito were partners in the Bloomingdale location. I think it was more a pizzeria/deli than a restaurant. Pretty sure it closed
Yes it was a deli and pizza place. Small place. Closes when he was indicted and arrested
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:18 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:51 am

Thanks, I knew you’d be in the know.

Paulie used to own the Capri location in Bloomingdale, which closed down like 2014-2015, right? I forget the specifics and was thinking that the Bloomingdale location was still functioning.

Is Paulie a silent partner or invested in Capri Burr Ridge at all? I feel like I’ve heard that before but could be off.

Is Tony Gallichio still involved with Capri?
He owned that one in Bloomingdale and I think he had interest in the one in Oakbrook if I remember correctly. I have no idea if he is silent partner in the Capri in Burr Ridge but I have not heard that.