Where In The World Is Onetime Bonanno Capo Dom Cicale These Days?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: Where In The World Is Onetime Bonanno Capo Dom Cicale These Days?

Post by PolackTony »

aray22 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:50 pm This episode is brought to you by EG Vodker. The best vodker money can buy.
Hahaha
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:34 am When did cicale flip? It seems his dad was involved in drug trafficking for a while. This says 2006.

https://www.nysun.com/article/new-york- ... raffickers
whoa, that's interesting. This isn't much help lol...but I believe Dom flipped sometime between 2005-2006 (?). Dom's dad also got arrested with Frank Santoro on a drug thing way back in the day, who Dom ended up gunning down years later. Small world.

The very limited part of that article I could read without having to sign up, reads as if Dom's dad was active with drugs and working with people in the Bronx around the same time Dom was on the street and being a wiseguy.

He hasn't spoke too much about his Dad other than saying he eventually apologized to him for flipping and being a rat, and that they had made peace. I wonder how estranged they really were though...the half dozen neighborhoods in the Bronx that white people live in, and the organized crime world, are all very very small. Wonder if he had any sort of relationship with his Dad after he grew up and got a position. It almost sounds like they were moving in the same circles even if they were estranged.

What ever became of Dom's dad and this 2006 drug case?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

They used Cicale's father to help plan the Santoro hit as he had info about Santoro and his whereabouts.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

B. wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:41 pm They used Cicale's father to help plan the Santoro hit as he had info about Santoro and his whereabouts.
Damn, really? I got the little info bit I posted above about Santoro and Cicale Sr. from that Basciano book Anthony DeStefano did. It was mentioned in passing almost, saying they knew each other when they were younger - that's crazy Cicale's Dad was used to help locate Santoro before.

Do you know or remember reading whether Cicale Sr. actually provided useful info? Was he asked to get a line on Santoro and couldn't, or did he actually provide an update and address for the guy (which was used in the hit).

I'm sure he wasn't given a reason why they were asking him about Santoro, but that's still gotta be really rough if your kid calls and says "Hey Dad, remember that old friend of yours? What's he up to lately? Know where I can reach him?" and then the guy ends up getting killed shortly after. lol

I always wondered if this Santoro guy really did plan or even simply claim out loud the thing about kidnapping Basicano's kid . Like, how that really went down. Some great court docs and Cicale testimony posted here lately, in there it says something about the brother of a Bronx Genovese overheard the claim and passed it along to Basicano. I wonder if it was anything half way serious, or a drunk angry guy stupidly saying "that Vinny's got a ton of money, we should kidnap his kid or something!"
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

This is from Chin's summary of Cicale's testimony:
- Basciano didn’t know Santoro or his family, so they had to find out where he lived
- Basciano told Cicale that Santoro was a junkie
- ‘My father is also a junkie, and I suggested to him, “Well, let me check with my father. Maybe he has a line on him on where he lives.” And during that conversation I left. I went to go speak to my father.’
- Cicale found out about his father’s drug problem when he came home from prison in 1999
- At the time, Cicale Sr was living in his mother’s garage, and Cicale would see other junkies coming and going from the location
- In addition to using heroin, Cicale Sr sold drugs with Joe Filippone
- Cicale spoke to his father, who told him Santoro lived in Pelham Bay and had a dog
- Cicale didn’t tell his father why he needed to know where Santoro lived
- Cicale brought that information back to Basciano and Indelicato

- Cicale met Basciano and Indelicato at Debbie Kalb’s apartment and they had another discussion in the bathroom
- ‘[Basciano] told me my father didn’t know what he was talking about; that Frank Santoro didn’t live in Pelham Bay, he lived in the Throggs Neck section of the Bronx.’
- Basciano didn’t mention how he found out Santoro lived in Throggs Neck
- Cicale Sr had however been correct that Santoro owned a dog
- ‘He said we’re going to circle the block he lives on, he didn’t know the exact house, but when we see him, we’re going to leave him in the street.’
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Vodker lol
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

These people who screen the questions for his live chats I'm tellin ya...I ask a question about if Vinny was close with Ronnie Carlucci (Ronnie Mozzarella)...It gets ignored and they ask if he has any stories about Carmine Lombardozzi or if he had any business dealings with Big Cheese in Boston...fuckin Christ sake man
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Browniety86 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:46 pm These people who screen the questions for his live chats I'm tellin ya...I ask a question about if Vinny was close with Ronnie Carlucci (Ronnie Mozzarella)...It gets ignored and they ask if he has any stories about Carmine Lombardozzi or if he had any business dealings with Big Cheese in Boston...fuckin Christ sake man
Jesus. I've tried to listen to one of these live session videos he's posted and between questions like that, and the interns or whatever he's got working for him running on a 2nd grade reading level, it was just not worth it. On top of that, I feel like I've heard him say multiple times "I got a separate video coming out about that story later." basically any time he starts to tease something interesting or mention someone that we don't know much about.

Sometimes I really do forget that there are a lot of people out there with an interest in LCN (hey...nothing wrong with that) besides the people who post on this board, and am reminded of it any time I check Youtube comments or watch one of these Mob content live streams. If a viewer is taking the time to watch and ask a question, and knows enough about LCN to know who Carmine Lombardozzi even is, what makes them think there's a chance Dom would have any first hand stories about him? Stuff like that doesn't make sense to me
B. wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:34 pm This is from Chin's summary of Cicale's testimony:
Thanks for digging that up and posting here - appreciate it. I hope Santoro's doberman was found/rescued after that hit - it took off running when they lit him up. :cry:

Maybe that would be a good question for a Dom livestream actually...what ultimately happened to Santoro's dog?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Felt the same way when I read about the dog. Vinny Asaro probably had a meltdown when he heard about it -- he and Jimmy Burke were going to kill Peter Zuccaro for killing a dog and Valenti testified that Asaro loves animals.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:20 pm Felt the same way when I read about the dog. Vinny Asaro probably had a meltdown when he heard about it -- he and Jimmy Burke were going to kill Peter Zuccaro for killing a dog and Valenti testified that Asaro loves animals.
That dog was a made guy, Zuccaro wasn’t.

I’m in the same boat. I read about guys getting dropped left and right, don’t bat an eyelash (guys who were in that life, so they knew what time it was). Read about Santoro getting aired out in front of his Doberman “Fuck….”.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

newera_212 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:06 pm
Browniety86 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:46 pm These people who screen the questions for his live chats I'm tellin ya...I ask a question about if Vinny was close with Ronnie Carlucci (Ronnie Mozzarella)...It gets ignored and they ask if he has any stories about Carmine Lombardozzi or if he had any business dealings with Big Cheese in Boston...fuckin Christ sake man
Jesus. I've tried to listen to one of these live session videos he's posted and between questions like that, and the interns or whatever he's got working for him running on a 2nd grade reading level, it was just not worth it. On top of that, I feel like I've heard him say multiple times "I got a separate video coming out about that story later." basically any time he starts to tease something interesting or mention someone that we don't know much about.

Sometimes I really do forget that there are a lot of people out there with an interest in LCN (hey...nothing wrong with that) besides the people who post on this board, and am reminded of it any time I check Youtube comments or watch one of these Mob content live streams. If a viewer is taking the time to watch and ask a question, and knows enough about LCN to know who Carmine Lombardozzi even is, what makes them think there's a chance Dom would have any first hand stories about him? Stuff like that doesn't make sense to me
B. wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:34 pm This is from Chin's summary of Cicale's testimony:
Thanks for digging that up and posting here - appreciate it. I hope Santoro's doberman was found/rescued after that hit - it took off running when they lit him up. :cry:

Maybe that would be a good question for a Dom livestream actually...what ultimately happened to Santoro's dog?
Lombardozzi was only probably 40-50 years older than Dominick and a Brooklyn guy to boot smh...
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

PolackTony wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:02 pm
B. wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:20 pm Felt the same way when I read about the dog. Vinny Asaro probably had a meltdown when he heard about it -- he and Jimmy Burke were going to kill Peter Zuccaro for killing a dog and Valenti testified that Asaro loves animals.
That dog was a made guy, Zuccaro wasn’t.
Gold.

Love the polack
Last edited by SonnyBlackstein on Sat May 27, 2023 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I’m in the same boat. I read about guys getting dropped left and right, don’t bat an eyelash (guys who were in that life, so they knew what time it was). Read about Santoro getting aired out in front of his Doberman “Fuck….”.
Exactly. The Santoro hit was about as brutal as a 'regular shooting' type of killing can get, but knowing he was out walking his dog - and the dog took off running, had me like "aww man come on"

Taking his dog out on a nice, brisk night - probably high on a blissful combo of various drugs - while his wife was at home making dinner. Sounds like a nice quiet night he had going on until Basciano pulled up.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

newera_212 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:01 pm

Exactly. The Santoro hit was about as brutal as a 'regular shooting' type of killing can get, but knowing he was out walking his dog - and the dog took off running, had me like "aww man come on"

Taking his dog out on a nice, brisk night - probably high on a blissful combo of various drugs - while his wife was at home making dinner. Sounds like a nice quiet night he had going on until Basciano pulled up.
Whats up with everyone being sympathetic to Santoro all the sudden? The guy seemed liked a head case.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I'm not animal lover. My kids like pets. But we are the only country that have domesticated dogs and various other pets like this. Idk, maybe it's just me and all the wars I been in and places in the middle east when I was the military. But these people feeling bad for a dog because it ran away on a leash. Lol idk I don't get it