John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by CabriniGreen »

So many post on this... I had to check out the new one....

It was good. I enjoyed it. It was telling to see the venerated Genovese play politics with the mafia protocol, but I see them as guidelines rather than hard rules. If these cooperators pods tell us anything, is that they break EVERY rule, and it's almost always political.

Didnt they do this same..... ignore the guys a rat thing with Savino? That was Chins fuckup right? What's the deal with blind spot there?

I like Pennisi, it seems he was well regarded, and very sharp, but I dont think he was an astute politician in that life.

Notice how the rat uses his charisma to work himself into a position.

If you arnt an earner or killer, you need to be a bridge between people, make marriages. Otherwise, you become kinda useless to everyone. If he was an earner, they woulda been making excuses to NOT clip him. And he would have juice at the table.

Arrilotta reminds me of Caramandi being direct with Scarfo. In his book, he said it was a powerful thing. I know from experience it is. The messenger, because its coming from the boss, irreguardless of rank, is defacto giving you orders. I'm reminded of Cicales book, he was kinda bumping with Mancuso because he was giving him " messages", essentially orders from the boss. But Mancuso outranked him, so it caused tension between them. Or Spiritos kid playing messenger to the point he just ups and gives HIMSELF a position and makes all his friends.......

It makes sense Arrilotta had the clout. It's like being a JR VP at a big company, you answer to the President, but the CEO is your buddy and you golf on the weekends. That guy will have the inside track.

Whoever said that Nigro was keeping Arrilotta a secret to run Springfield through him, I think that might be a good take. But I've heard of examples like this in that family before, like Joe Glitz having more clout than his capo because of that gas tax money.....

Those old timers, beefing about weed, lol! What the fuck is the protocol, exactly? Tell me Sal Larca didnt have a big weed op with Bascianos kids? The Bonnanos move tons of weed. They are like old stock brokers scared of crypto, or Colosimo shying away from liquor because hes fat from prostitution money. Or Taxi companies being slow to the ride share game, they shoulda been created an app. Dinosaurs, lol... Like they are about to legalize in NY, the mob should be trying to be the first guys in, it's a money printing press in Illinois......

NY not informing the Capo whose in his crew, that just looks political as hell. They just didnt like Bruno I guess, but then, why did they put him in as capo? Was there no one else at the time? Actually I think that's what Arrilotta said, never mind.

The guys in the streets making the money seem to deal with everybody.

Why didnt they disappear Bruno? Would it have mattered?

Some stray thoughts....
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:15 am Why didnt they disappear Bruno? Would it have mattered?
They initially wanted to but Bruno wouldn't agree to meet them anywhere. They paid Roche to do it because he was reckless enough to take the risk of shooting Bruno cowboy style.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Also, when Bruno ask Arrilotta if he was made, and he said no, correct me if I'm wrong but that's EXACTLY what he should do, right? And Jesus, Bruno, he never tried to orchestrate a proper intro?

@ Chin

Did they sit on him a long time, try to catch him someplace remote? Or alone or isolated enough to snatch him? He seemed pretty greedy, a pretense of money to meet? I dunno, I'm no hitter, lol
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

To me, Pennissi is almost like a real life, mafia, Italian version of Cutty from the Wire. Street guy young, caught a murder beef, did a ton of time, came out with his head held high, respect intact. But I dont think his heart was in it anymore. Got affiliated again, you know, fell back into it.... but realized that life isnt what it should be...
Last edited by CabriniGreen on Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:42 am To me, Pennissi is almost like a real life, mafia, Italian version of Cutty from the Wire. Street guy young, caught a murder beef, did a ton if time, came out with his head held high, respect intact. But I dont think his heart was in it anymore. Got affiliated again, you know, fell back into it.... but realized that life isnt what it should be...
Was his heart ever in it?
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:31 am Also, when Bruno ask Arrilotta if he was made, and he said no, correct me if I'm wrong but that's EXACTLY what he should do, right? And Jesus, Bruno, he never tried to orchestrate a proper intro?

@ Chin

Did they sit on him a long time, try to catch him someplace remote? Or alone or isolated enough to snatch him? He seemed pretty greedy, a pretense of money to meet? I dunno, I'm no hitter, lol
When Bruno asked him this..Bruno was paranoid because he knew he was getting the cold shoulder from NY. He was just trying to figure out what was going on.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Rocco wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:38 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:31 am Also, when Bruno ask Arrilotta if he was made, and he said no, correct me if I'm wrong but that's EXACTLY what he should do, right? And Jesus, Bruno, he never tried to orchestrate a proper intro?

@ Chin

When Bruno asked him this..Bruno was paranoid because he knew he was getting the cold shoulder from NY. He was just trying to figure out what was going on.
Aaah, ok. Makes sense...
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

To do 17yrs then at like the age of 40+ jump right back into the mafia life kinda makes me think your a asshat. But 2 each there own but now hes 50ty and preaching the life is bad but it was good 10yrs ago.
GaspipeCasso
Straightened out

Post by GaspipeCasso »

I think Pennisi or anyone would likely have a change of heart if you're being hunted and called a rat, during these times. Not much else it seems he could do ? He does seem more level headed and honest then most
Send word to Vladimir that you have his money, that he should come to the club tomorrow. We'll take care of the rest
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:15 am
Those old timers, beefing about weed, lol! What the fuck is the protocol, exactly? Tell me Sal Larca didnt have a big weed op with Bascianos kids? The Bonnanos move tons of weed. They are like old stock brokers scared of crypto, or Colosimo shying away from liquor because hes fat from prostitution money. Or Taxi companies being slow to the ride share game, they shoulda been created an app. Dinosaurs, lol... Like they are about to legalize in NY, the mob should be trying to be the first guys in, it's a money printing press in Illinois......
Federici supposedly has an interest in a legal marijuana dispensary.
All roads lead to New York.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Pmac2 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:31 am To do 17yrs then at like the age of 40+ jump right back into the mafia life kinda makes me think your a asshat. But 2 each there own but now hes 50ty and preaching the life is bad but it was good 10yrs ago.
I agree. Should have just drove himself back to prison. lol I mean he tried killing himself rather then do the 25yrs they have him as a young man. Yet he joins LCN where you are almost certain to go to prison these days. My guess is he couldn't make a good buck with 17yrs of State prison on his resume. So he was doing construction work for little money and just scraping by. I know he says he was successful at construction...but you have to take what these cooperates say with a grain of salt. There is truth peppered in there with half truths etc. If he was making tons of money doing construction then he would never have been tempted to go for an easy illegal buck. Doesn't add up.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Rocco wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:17 am If he was making tons of money doing construction then he would never have been tempted to go for an easy illegal buck. Doesn't add up.
Having money or being rich doesn't necessarily preclude one from wanting to be a made member and it's not always about the money some guys get caught up in the whirlwind you have the made guys the neighborhood guys the women the restaurants the social clubs the "respect" the "prestige". If you're living your everyday life as a part of that culture whether you're rich or poor being made is an attractive proposition.
GaspipeCasso
Straightened out

Post by GaspipeCasso »

Having money or being rich doesn't necessarily preclude one from wanting to be a made member and it's not always about the money some guys get caught up in the whirlwind you have the made guys the neighborhood guys the women the restaurants the social clubs the "respect" the "prestige". If you're living your everyday life as a part of that culture whether you're rich or poor being made is an attractive proposition.
[/quote]

100 Percent. In a big city like New York, having Juice is hard to get and very respected, right or wrong
Send word to Vladimir that you have his money, that he should come to the club tomorrow. We'll take care of the rest
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Here is what I find strange about Pennisi’s status in that life.....

He was not a big earner and was basically off the street for 20 plus years. Yet in a relatively quick period of time, he gets made into a crime family that he had no real history with. And not only that, but he is hanging around with legit heavyweights from other families like Ronnie G and Amato Sr. He meets Lorenzo Mannino at a wedding, who wants to introduce him to other people. Someone was complaining to Mikey DeSantis one day about the lack of recruits and wondering what the future of the family is going to look like—and with a table full of ppl around DeSantis points at Pennisi and says “this guy is part of the future.”

It’s just weird. Why would those guys take an interest into someone who was a relative nobody in CN circles? Someone who wasn’t bringing in scads of money or influence. Pennisi must have brought something to the table to have those guys trust him like that.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

It’s probably because of his friendship with that guy Anthony ? And to protect him from Genovese family than anything IMO

Was probably a spur of a moment thing looking for a few guys to make and probably thought “let’s just pick this guy” to save him from retaliation

I forgot which episode he said but he said he had a big score but is still not allowed to talk about it and is probably for the future Desantis indictment