General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Ivan »

Fellas I subscribe to the Scott Site and if you want I suppose I could post some of the interesting Outfit tidbits on there (won't post full articles because I don't want to rip off Scott, unless he says it's OK). Lots of good stuff on there, like Toots Caruso doing a Reconquista of NW Indiana as noted above. Some great pics too, like this present-day one of Rudy "the least scary-looking mobster of all time" Fratto.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:06 am Fellas I subscribe to the Scott Site and if you want I suppose I could post some of the interesting Outfit tidbits on there (won't post full articles because I don't want to rip off Scott, unless he says it's OK). Lots of good stuff on there, like Toots Caruso doing a Reconquista of NW Indiana as noted above. Some great pics too, like this present-day one of Rudy "the least scary-looking mobster of all time" Fratto.
Rudy Fratto will always go down in history as the guy who only got made because his mom bugged Lee Magnafichi to induct him, lol.

Despite his appearance, Fratto undoubtedly put in "work" when he was younger. There was one account that in the 80s (maybe this was from Fosco, don't recall), some young punk cut Joe Batters off in traffic, threatened him, called him an old geezer, etc (obviously had no idea who he was abusing). So they sent Rudy to teach the kid a lesson. Supposedly Rudy beat the guy to a pulp but left him alive.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:13 am
Ivan wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:06 am Fellas I subscribe to the Scott Site and if you want I suppose I could post some of the interesting Outfit tidbits on there (won't post full articles because I don't want to rip off Scott, unless he says it's OK). Lots of good stuff on there, like Toots Caruso doing a Reconquista of NW Indiana as noted above. Some great pics too, like this present-day one of Rudy "the least scary-looking mobster of all time" Fratto.
Rudy Fratto will always go down in history as the guy who only got made because his mom bugged Lee Magnafichi to induct him, lol.

Despite his appearance, Fratto undoubtedly put in "work" when he was younger. There was one account that in the 80s (maybe this was from Fosco, don't recall), some young punk cut Joe Batters off in traffic, threatened him, called him an old geezer, etc (obviously had no idea who he was abusing). So they sent Rudy to teach the kid a lesson. Supposedly Rudy beat the guy to a pulp but left him alive.
This is along the lines of what I heard, too. He looks like a retired math professor or something, but he's apparently a serious guy from a long line of gangsters.

Do you know about the claim on the Scott Site about Rudy being surrounded by a bunch of kids he's bringing in?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:28 am

This is along the lines of what I heard, too. He looks like a retired math professor or something, but he's apparently a serious guy from a long line of gangsters.

Do you know about the claim on the Scott Site about Rudy being surrounded by a bunch of kids he's bringing in?
Rudy is a Fratto so his pedigree has never been in doubt. The Fosco claim that his mother was in the position to approach Lee, a captain, and ask him to make her son, if true, underscores the weight of that history. His mother Doseline “Dottie” DiDomenico grew up on Taylor St, and apart from his uncles being made guys, Rudy’s dad Rudolfo “Guy” Fratto was a close partner with capo Willie Potatoes in the suburban waste hauling sector. Rudy’s sister Bianca married Bill Daddono, Jr, and Bill Daddono III is their kid. Typical outfit-connected familial network shit.

Yeah. I’ve heard it but can’t verify it myself. The claim is that Rudy has a crew of young guys under him based out in Burr Ridge and is tight with Gigi Rovito. I take Scott at his word here, but don’t know what that means in organizational terms (if these are just kids that are wannabes and look up to Rudy, or if they’re anything serious, but even then we couldn’t said if Rudy is a capo or if he’s just a made guy with a “crew” of associates).

Fosco definitely painted Rudy as a hustler, outright said that Rudy was scamming the guys in Cleveland by leading them to believe that he was in a higher position in Chicago than he actually was. But that was years ago, and who knows what might’ve changed since then. Antiliar’s Cicero source said Rudy is a nobody today, but who knows if that source would necessarily be aware if Rudy was a bigger deal than he thinks. I honestly have no clue.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:38 am

Rudy is a Fratto so his pedigree has never been in doubt. The Fosco claim that his mother was in the position to approach Lee, a captain, and ask him to make her son, if true, underscores the weight of that history. His mother Doseline “Dottie” DiDomenico grew up on Taylor St, and apart from his uncles being made guys, Rudy’s dad Rudolfo “Guy” Fratto was a close partner with capo Willie Potatoes in the suburban waste hauling sector. Rudy’s sister Bianca married Bill Daddono, Jr, and Bill Daddono III is their kid. Typical outfit-connected familial network shit.

Yeah. I’ve heard it but can’t verify it myself. The claim is that Rudy has a crew of young guys under him based out in Burr Ridge and is tight with Gigi Rovito. I take Scott at his word here, but don’t know what that means in organizational terms (if these are just kids that are wannabes and look up to Rudy, or if they’re anything serious, but even then we couldn’t said if Rudy is a capo or if he’s just a made guy with a “crew” of associates).

Fosco definitely painted Rudy as a hustler, outright said that Rudy was scamming the guys in Cleveland by leading them to believe that he was in a higher position in Chicago than he actually was. But that was years ago, and who knows what might’ve changed since then. Antiliar’s Cicero source said Rudy is a nobody today, but who knows if that source would necessarily be aware if Rudy was a bigger deal than he thinks. I honestly have no clue.
When I saw Fratto at Capri, he was with Spina and some union guys. They were younger than him but not that young. Did not really see anyone kissing his ass. Not saying it’s not possible. That “Are You Live Lounge” next to Capri is a happening place where a lot of people hang out now. People usually go over there after eating at Capri so it’s possible he hangs out with younger guys there bc there are a lot of younger people going there.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Have to also view Fosco's commentary on Fratto with similar lens as the Cerones. While I think Fosco is very knowledgable, he has many axes to grind so his claims on certain people can be suspect. Rudy is definitely one of them. Rudy could be a total loser, but is important to keep that perspective in the back of one's mind.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:02 pm

Have to also view Fosco's commentary on Fratto with similar lens as the Cerones. While I think Fosco is very knowledgable, he has many axes to grind so his claims on certain people can be suspect. Rudy is definitely one of them. Rudy could be a total loser, but is important to keep that perspective in the back of one's mind.
Absolutely. I take Fosco as a source for many things, but we have to be careful when his personal beefs with guys could be a factor.

Here’s what we know about Rudy.

Rudy was caught on a wire telling the Cleveland guy (who was getting hassled by other Cleveland guys and came to Fratto for backing), that he was “the boss of Elmwood Park”, and instructed the guy to go back to Cleveland and tell the people in Cleveland giving him problems that Rudy was “the same thing” as a redacted name in Cleveland, with the obvious implication that these other guys would know what that meant and would leave the guy alone (I’d suspect the redacted name was Russ Papalardo).

Fosco told us that Jack Cerone Jr and Mike Mags were dealing with some Cleveland guys. As an associate, Fosco accompanied them on some of their meetings with Cleveland guys and was told some things about the state of the Cleveland outfit at that time (based on this, Fosco also stated that he believed Cleveland had about 15 active made guys in 2010). Fosco says that Mags pulled out of the Cleveland stuff and Rudy jumped in, with him and Cerone Jr then scamming the guys from the Cleveland outfit into thinking that they had higher ranks in Chicago than they actually did (don’t know if this was meant to imply that Rudy was a soldier and let the Cleveland guys think he was a capo, or if he was a capo and let the Cleveland guys think he was on the admin). Fosco has of course made other disparaging remarks about Rudy, that basically cast him as a clown and grifter who wasn’t respected by other wiseguys in Chicago.

Scott B has since, IIRC, claimed that Rudy either is, or might be inferred to be, a capo (don’t want to put words in Scott’s mouth, but that’s what I recall).

Antiliar’s Cicero source, who otherwise had some very interesting and seemingly reliable current info, stated that Rudy is nobody today.

So, we have Rudy himself claiming on record that he’s somebody, which is then contradicted by Fosco, who basically said he was a nobody.

Now, we have Scott stating that he has info that Rudy is somebody, while Antiliar’s guy has stated that to his knowledge Rudy is a nobody.

The evidence on whether Rudy is somebody or nobody this breaks even. After years of debate, we’re no farther on the Rudy question.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

So hate to keep bouncing around, but I'm finally catching up on Scott's podcast with Pennisi, uhhhh JP seems to be full on confirming the Outfit/Lucchese connection. Says Patty Red was close to who he thinks was Jimmy I in prison. I know this is being discussed a bit in the other thread but pretty big.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:16 pm So hate to keep bouncing around, but I'm finally catching up on Scott's podcast with Pennisi, uhhhh JP seems to be full on confirming the Outfit/Lucchese connection. Says Patty Red was close to who he thinks was Jimmy I in prison. I know this is being discussed a bit in the other thread but pretty big.
Where are Scott’s podcast located?
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:23 pm
funkster wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:16 pm So hate to keep bouncing around, but I'm finally catching up on Scott's podcast with Pennisi, uhhhh JP seems to be full on confirming the Outfit/Lucchese connection. Says Patty Red was close to who he thinks was Jimmy I in prison. I know this is being discussed a bit in the other thread but pretty big.
Where are Scott’s podcast located?
He posts them on youtube and I know theyre on apple/itunes whatever they call it now. 34 minutes or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0RTBhyTNpA
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

John also seems to imply he knows more about the situation but doesn’t seem to want to talk about it…very interesting.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:09 am John also seems to imply he knows more about the situation but doesn’t seem to want to talk about it…very interesting.
Thanks for link. Well John said that what they are doing in Chicago will result in an indictment so he’s definitely knows more than he’s saying.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:05 pm
funkster wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:09 am John also seems to imply he knows more about the situation but doesn’t seem to want to talk about it…very interesting.
Thanks for link. Well John said that what they are doing in Chicago will result in an indictment so he’s definitely knows more than he’s saying.
Plus parts were clearly edited out lol
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

So as far as modern connections, we have Pagano of the Genovese plus that guy Auricchio who died was visiting the son of a Chicago leader. Now the alleged link with the Lucchese admin.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:32 pm So as far as modern connections, we have Pagano of the Genovese plus that guy Auricchio who died was visiting the son of a Chicago leader. Now the alleged link with the Lucchese admin.
Auricchio wasn’t just visiting Sammy Marcello. He was in the process of moving to Chicago when he contracted COVID and died.