Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

thesociety 89
Straightened out

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by thesociety 89 »

The only way people are going to believe there is a Buffalo LCN is to there to be evidence of money going up to Todaro....which to be honest is a fair point. Luppino is the only other captain that we know of so if there is money flowing up, he's the guy to watch surely.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

I agree with Wiseguy’s skepticism here... and honestly that’s a brilliant defense strategy.

It seems that if there’s really no formal mafia left in Buffalo, Bongiovani would know that in his work with the DEA, and would tell his lawyer to use that as a strategy. And If the mob does still exist, they will force the government to prove it in court.

Generally speaking, those government press releases tend to hype of cases more, not less. So, given that there’s no RICO charges says a lot. If these guys were really part of LCN, the indictment would spell it out, “So and so is a member, so and so is an associate”. There would be more than just vague references to “Italian Organized Crime”. It would say, “..The Todaro Family”, etc.

The fact that that guy (forget his name) in that article seems to have been going to Canada to smuggle drugs himself and selling them to bars himself, makes him seem like a smalltime player. They don’t even specify that he met with oc in Canada, if he did it would say, “Was purchasing drugs in Canada from the Violis or Hells Angels” etc.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

scagghiuni wrote:
antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:40 pm
antimafia wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:54 pm The particular surname of the shooting victim — still alive — and his once having fled to Italy do make me wonder whether he has ties to the ‘ndrangheta in the Greater Toronto Area.

Man shot outside Steeles Ave. café was person of interest in gangland murder that led to resignation of Toronto cop

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2020/1 ... o-cop.html
Michael Costa’s father, John, was shot to death this past Monday. Michael was also shot during the incident but survived.

Double shooting leaves 65-year-old dead in Bolton home. Son survives second attempt on his life since November

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2021/0 ... ember.html
i don't think he has ndrangheta ties, he was involved in cocaine traffick along with stephen tello i think, el chapo guzman wanted him dead and asked hells angles to do it
Some posters might be aware that the Commisso-Costa feud in Siderno had been exported to the Greater Toronto Area in the early 1990s. Not all the Costas who travelled back and forth between Siderno and the GTA were in the ‘ndrangheta.

The murder victim from last Monday bears the exact same name of the man killed in 1991 in Thornhill, immediately north of Toronto. I think Michael Costa may have ties to the ’ndrangheta, based on his Calabrian-Canadian associates.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Great job keeping tabs on these cases, NickleCity. Some of the connections you've found on your own are showing up in these investigations. The mention / photos of BiFulco are def interesting.

I'm not surprised the Diplomat Hotel showed up in connection to these guys. Phil Leonetti said he was introduced to Todaro Sr. and Jr. in their hotel by Colombo member Joe Gorgone in the mid-1980s. I'd have to check if he named the hotel, but I believe it was the Diplomat. Other accounts state Todaro Sr. "held court" at the Diplomat.

In the 1960s, Joe Todaro Jr. was going to school in Erie, PA for hotel management. This is from an FBI report.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

I've found an article specifically related to the Commisso-Costa feud...https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2016 ... rison.html... I was unaware, thanks for the information!

Does anyone know how/if at all Joey Bravo play into the politics of the Calabrese in Woodbridge? In a recording of him in Sicily, he mentions being at the 'right hand of the God', allegory for the Ndrangheta, Desjardins or just Rizzuto? or posturing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJFAVbxtSl4
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

SantoClaus wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:47 am I've found an article specifically related to the Commisso-Costa feud...https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2016 ... rison.html... I was unaware, thanks for the information!

Does anyone know how/if at all Joey Bravo play into the politics of the Calabrese in Woodbridge? In a recording of him in Sicily, he mentions being at the 'right hand of the God', allegory for the Ndrangheta, Desjardins or just Rizzuto? or posturing?

joey bravo was talking of vito rizzuto in that case
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

scagghiuni wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:50 am
SantoClaus wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:47 am I've found an article specifically related to the Commisso-Costa feud...https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2016 ... rison.html... I was unaware, thanks for the information!

joey bravo was talking of vito rizzuto in that case
Thanks! The guy murdered with Bravo, Fernando Pimente? Was he Portuguese? Reason I asked, I'm going through some scenarios from the past specifically the start of 2014.

After the murder of Carmen Verduci, there was a lot of hostility amongst some Portuguese people in Hamilton, in and around James St N, which is where the Musitanos were from, I believe? At the time, I was really confused as what it all meant, it was like being jumped with a lot of information.

In hind sight, there is a Portuguese social club on James Street N in Hamilton, and at least from what/who I was listening to a murder contract being placed on Angelo Musitano in early April 2014.

There was a drug bust on Glancaster Rd. in Hamilton around this time, this may be it, I can't really find anything on it, regardless, at the time it was a very hot issue, which may or may not of lead to the violence in that area.....https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/massive-dr ... s-1.631744

It was so long ago anyways, probably holds little significance in present time!
pharion
Straightened out

Post by pharion »

Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

pharion wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:12 pm Gasper Cino has died

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/bu ... =197577413
was gasper made ?
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
pharion
Straightened out

Post by pharion »

Stroccos wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:31 pm
pharion wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:12 pm Gasper Cino has died

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/bu ... =197577413
was gasper made ?
I don't think so.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:55 pm
NickleCity wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:08 am As one looks at Bella's detention hearing it appears we start to see the case they are making for OC and/or IOC in Buffalo:

ACTIVE ORGANIZED CRIME INVESTIGATION
It's an active organized crime investigation. The investigation reveals that organized crime members and associates, which include Mr. Bella, are involved in drug trafficking and various wire fraud schemes. The overall investigation has led to an indictment of a DEA agent named Joseph Bongiovanni, who was receiving protection bribes and shielding members and associates of a drug trafficking organized crime group in Buffalo, New York.

CONNECTING BELLA'S CALL CENTER/DEBT COLLECTION SCHEMES 
TO ITALIAN MAFIA
So that is the wire fraud. So that person, actually that's the credit card and gives it to the person on that elicit call center and now you have credit card payment and how do you turn it into real money, that goes to the set of the conspiracy which is beyond the point of my proffer here. But this agent stated, from his experience, people in the upper tier, I would say, the associates or members of the Italian mafia, will typically appoint someone to operate these organizations on their behalf, but they are still manipulating, making decisions and they are drawing money from elicit -- from that activity. Mr. Bella has those types of crime associates, as I’ll proffer moving forward. 

THE PROFFER RELATED TO ITALIAN ORGANIZED CRIME ASSOCIATES & CONNECTIONS TO BUFFALO MAFIA
So I've said a couple of times, he [Bella] is associated with Italian organized crime, debt collectors and drug traffickers. Law enforcement has a July 2016 version of Mr. Bella's phone that was seized and downloaded. In there are numerous videos and photos of Mr. Bella with a convicted felon, a known member of the Buffalo mafia long-time member. And these would be photos and videos prior to 2016 leading up to 2016. He even had -- and I screen shotted his phone of a 2008 ceramics class that the mafia member took while in federal prison in Minnesota. That person I'm referring to is Frank "Butchie" BiFulco. Mr. Bella has a number of people who had historical involvement in telemarketing and debt collection scams, including Peter Gerace as a contact in his phone. Mr. Gerace has a telemarketing conviction emanating out of the U.S. Attorney's Office in 2005. Mr. Gerace is also a relative of the reputed head of the Buffalo mafia family. So another person in Mr. Bella's phone who was engaging in that type of fraud-related activity and has a federal conviction of it. 

There is also a number of drug trafficking and racketeering-type predicates that the people in Mr. Bella's phone were involved in. His phone by our count had at least 45 individuals who law enforcement determines to be members or associates with organized crime groups, drug traffickers or debt collection in Bella's phone. It also depicts Bella in a 
photo with a law enforcement individual, who our investigation showed was involved in cocaine possession and distribution and s a currently, as yet, uncharged member of law enforcement.
OF INTEREST
The US Attorney insinuates Todaro is the reputed current head of the Buffalo mafia family. The statement is in the present tense and may indicate they are beginning to make a case for an active Buffalo mafia family.
tenor (1) (1).gif
funny how the judge orders bella to stay away from Butichie Bifulco who had been dead for a month
i would venture to wager that bella had nothing to do the alleged buffalo lcn outside of being a aqauntice of bifulco
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

SantoClaus wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:35 am
antimafia wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:53 am
antimafia wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:34 pm The article to which I’ve linked below is behind a paywall for me at the moment.

Mob wars: Hamilton’s criminal underworld is ‘wide open’

https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilton-r ... -open.html
To read the article above, please use the link below to my Evernote item.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/ ... 6d4562e844

If any of you have been reading all the articles that Nicole O'Reilly, Peter Edwards, Adrian Humphreys, and Susan Clairmont have written about Pat Musitano's murder, you'll see how each journalist has a certain take on the significance of the murder, the motive for the murder, the relationships between Musitano(s) and other mobsters/groups, and the consequences of the murder. Same with the organized-crime experts (James Dubro, Antonio Nicaso, Anna Sergi) who are quoted in articles or interviewed on radio/TV.
It’s hilarious how cops like Mike Csoke, want to talk tough now that the Musitano are gone. I’ve met the guy, arrogant as they get. Loves talking about himself, typical wanna be tough guy cop.

Since when does being a retired cop, mean a guy can just run his mouth, or anyone else for that matter? Southern Italians have the longest memories, just look at history lol and definitely very forgive.

Hamilton is such a mud poole, low grade, lack leadership. It’s only going to get worse for people like them IMO.
The cop is question, is not very well received from asking around. Seems like he has close connections to bikers via marital arts. There was a picture of the president of Ontario HA Joe Ertel, that got pulled down, his whole website got pulled down. Anyways one of the guys in the picture, was good friends with Mike Csoke. Interesting, how once the Musitanos were murdered, the tough guy cop, runs his mouth.

https://www.facebook.com/michael.csoke.7/photos
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Bunch of losers. Never had the balls to be an outlaw but still wanted a "taste" of that life, so he became a cop and buddied up with some greasy bikers instead. The musitano bros were treacherous but atleast they could say they had balls.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Forreal, the whole thing has some 'bogus element' feeling to it, the Ontario HA President's wife, you can see her all over the Facebook, with high ranking members of the PC Andrew Scheer, which is a Political Party in Canada, and celebrities such as Kevin O'Leary. Then to pulldown the pic with you and all your boys, plus your business/charity/ministry website, seems messed up?

Just because people are asking questions about you and Ontario?

Who knows, both of them have been murdered, and it definitely sounds as if they were treacherous.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Canada has just legalized Single Game sports betting https://www.benzinga.com/government/21/ ... tting-bill

Wonder how much this would affect them over there. Not sure if they are as reliant on gambling as there American counter parts