General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

Anyone familiar with a "John Lamanna/LaManna/La Manna?" This wouldn't be an old-timer (pre-Aiuppa), either.

I think Funk was gonna check and see if John Spilotro was still alive, but does anyone know if Joe Cusumano is? He would be 86, but I can't find any evidence that he has passed. Also, Joe Hansen is another guy that is deceased, but has no record that I can find. We've talked about him before, but didn't know if anyone had come across anything definitive.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Snakes wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:52 am Anyone familiar with a "John Lamanna/LaManna/La Manna?" This wouldn't be an old-timer (pre-Aiuppa), either.

I think Funk was gonna check and see if John Spilotro was still alive, but does anyone know if Joe Cusumano is? He would be 86, but I can't find any evidence that he has passed. Also, Joe Hansen is another guy that is deceased, but has no record that I can find. We've talked about him before, but didn't know if anyone had come across anything definitive.
The next time I go the Orange County Hall of Records I can look up Hansen. As for John Paul Spilotro, he appears to be very much alive living in Las Vegas. Don't know about Cusumano.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:50 am
Snakes wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:52 am Anyone familiar with a "John Lamanna/LaManna/La Manna?" This wouldn't be an old-timer (pre-Aiuppa), either.

The next time I go the Orange County Hall of Records I can look up Hansen. As for John Paul Spilotro, he appears to be very much alive living in Las Vegas. Don't know about Cusumano.
Thanks
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:26 pm

Thanks
Can’t find anything pointing to Cusumano having died yet. There’s a record for him having an address in LV up until 2020, but I’ve seen where those address records are listed for someone years after they actually died, so who knows.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:43 pm

Thanks
Can’t find anything pointing to Cusumano having died yet. There’s a record for him having an address in LV up until 2020, but I’ve seen where those address records are listed for someone years after they actually died, so who knows.

I’m pretty sure that Cusumano is alive. It would be big news in Vegas if he died. He’s basically the last link to the Spilotro era that is still alive. I’m still very curious who tried to kill him in 1990. I wonder if it was the Outfit bc he was trying to hold on to some of Spilotro’s old rackets.

John is still alive. Mike Spilotro Jr has said that on social media I believe. John was convicted in the early 90s for some minor stuff related to Chris Petti’s case.

Never saw an obit on Joey Hansen but the family secrets trial court documents clearly says that he is deceased. He would have been indicted if he was still alive. He died of cancer in early 2000s, not before the FBI got a DNA swab from him.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:43 pm

Thanks
Came across this and thought of you. Not sure how useful it is, though: https://libsysdigi.library.uiuc.edu/OCA ... Hkf_htmVjA
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

I only know the name from one of Scott B's old Chicago charts, and the 1983 CCC chart that had this guy LaManna under the Ferriola crew (I believe that Roemer reprinted that CCC chart in his Accardo book). there was a John LaManna who was born in 1935 and lived in West Humboldt Park as a kid (family from Triggiano, Bari, like the DiFronzos, Lombardos, and Nittis). I'd bet this would be the guy, but that's just a best guess. There was also a Giovanni Battista La Manna who emigrated to Chicago from Lazio in the 50s, but that guy wound up living in Joliet.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

In 1978 Anthony Spilotro had dinner with Pussy Russo. Not sure if Pinky Panarelli (Springfield Genovese) and Tony Pro were mentioned in a different context or attended the dinner.

Russo was a messaggero between the Genovese Family and other US Families for around 20 years before his death. Not sure if he was also designated as the liaison to Chicago but clearly had a relationship to Spilotro.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Bastone and Sons trucking out of Elgin. Related to the Outfit Bastone family?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

cavita wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:45 am Bastone and Sons trucking out of Elgin. Related to the Outfit Bastone family?
I think Jamie Bastone (Carmine's son) owns that.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:14 am
cavita wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:45 am Bastone and Sons trucking out of Elgin. Related to the Outfit Bastone family?
I think Jamie Bastone (Carmine's son) owns that.
Awesome. Thank you.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

These pages were included in a file that came today which I forgot I had even requested. Not sure how much substance is here, but based on recent discussions concerning Sam D'Giovanni, I thought it was relevant. It appears he voluntarily submitted this information to the FBI, although nothing criminal seems to be included.

cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

I see DiGiovanni died in 1977 at age 85. His daughter married a Costello as well.... any idea where in Italy DiGiovanni was from? Interesting on the Colorado connection too.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

cavita wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:30 pm I see DiGiovanni died in 1977 at age 85. His daughter married a Costello as well.... any idea where in Italy DiGiovanni was from? Interesting on the Colorado connection too.
I'm not sure, but Tony may have covered it in the "origins" thread.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:34 pm
cavita wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:30 pm I see DiGiovanni died in 1977 at age 85. His daughter married a Costello as well.... any idea where in Italy DiGiovanni was from? Interesting on the Colorado connection too.
I'm not sure, but Tony may have covered it in the "origins" thread.
The Di Giovannis in the Heights were from Palazzo Adriano, same as the Di Giovannis (ie, Nick DeJohn) on the Northside, who were probably their cousins.

The “Costellos” (Castelli) in the Heights were from Càccamo, as were the majority of other Sicilians in that area (e.g., the Guzzinos, Gruttadauros, Zerantes, LoBues, Piazzas, etc).

EDIT: Natale “Charles” Patti (1907 - 1970), who DiGiovanni mentions here, was also born in Càccamo; Philly boss John Stanfa’s mother was also a Patti, so there could be a relation. Giuseppe “Joseph” Pezzuto (1897-1976) was from Casalbore, Avellino, I believe. He was thus an outlier in the Chicago Heights circles, as they had very few Napolitani down there. He had initially lived by Taylor St with his family, however, before relocating to the Heights as a young man.