Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by givememysocks »

Why are there so many mobbed up real estate agents in Canada?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:21 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:22 pm
TommyNoto wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:42 pm Good article. Interesting on CeCe. Looks like a full blown war up there, unreal shot today . Thanks

The Luppino family was once a powerhouse in organized crime in the region. Court documents filed by the RCMP show the Luppino family is connected to a web of organized crime stretching from Hamilton to Buffalo, N.Y.

The documents, which were filed as part of the drug trafficking case against Domenico Violi and his brother Giuseppe (Joey) Violi, link the two families together. The RCMP also say the Luppino-Violi family is a faction of the Todaro crime family in Buffalo that is run by Joe Todaro, Jr.

Police say Luppino was 43-years-old. (Facebook)
Both Rocco Luppino and his brother Natale are "made" members of the Buffalo family who operate in Hamilton, police say
Well, we’ve got another 1/30 candidates for the Todaro crime family, now that police are saying Natale was made too.
Natale, maybe, Carfana and Scoleri, Rocco Luppino, the Violi brothers.... maybe we can get to 10...
Natale being made is not new information he was stated as such in one of the very first articles after Dom Violi’s arrest over a year ago. You say the ‘Violi brothers’ but I don’t think there was any confirmation that Joe Violi was made was there? From what I can remember last we heard was he had a choice between the Todaro and Bonanno families. Let me know if I missed something I haven’t been able to go thru the last few pages of this thread thoroughly.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

givememysocks wrote:Why are there so many mobbed up real estate agents in Canada?
Because they are big in construction and labor racketeering. Money laundering may play a part too.

During the Charbonneau hearings it was revealed how much control the mob, in particular the Rizzutos, had over the construction industry. It was similar to the control the mob had over construction in New York in the 80s.
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

Lupara wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:37 am
givememysocks wrote:Why are there so many mobbed up real estate agents in Canada?
Because they are big in construction and labor racketeering. Money laundering may play a part too.

During the Charbonneau hearings it was revealed how much control the mob, in particular the Rizzutos, had over the construction industry. It was similar to the control the mob had over construction in New York in the 80s.
Obviously I am not knowledgeable about O.C families operating in Canada.

But if they’re anything like the Families in the States, then money laundering definitely plays a roll. I feel like money laundering is essential to any criminal activity. can’t have all that dirty ass money laying around, gotta clean it up some how
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Peppermint wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:13 pm
Lupara wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:37 am

Obviously I am not knowledgeable about O.C families operating in Canada.

But if they’re anything like the Families in the States, then money laundering definitely plays a roll. I feel like money laundering is essential to any criminal activity. can’t have all that dirty ass money laying around, gotta clean it up some how
An issue the Charbonneau Commission identified was how anyone involved in real estate in Montreal didn't have to identify who the real owners were, which obviously can enable money laundering.
All roads lead to New York.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

IMO Gohn and The Barbarian have made the most sensical, non-emotional and logical reflections. I would quote them but it’s obvious which posts they are.

I get Pogo and Wiseguys side. Don’t agree but get it. I wasn’t on RD so I don’t have the same viewpoint on naive posters. But this thread is full of the best and brightest of TBH. NickelCity. CC. Ghon. B. Cabrini. Etc.
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

givememysocks wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:25 am Why are there so many mobbed up real estate agents in Canada?
Because there’s only candles in Canada and the Cardinal of the Church controls that racket.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

"Trademark killing" sends message: Former undercover mob cop

https://torontosun.com/news/provincial/ ... er-mob-cop
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Cheech wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:03 pm IMO Gohn and The Barbarian have made the most sensical, non-emotional and logical reflections. I would quote them but it’s obvious which posts they are.

I get Pogo and Wiseguys side. Don’t agree but get it. I wasn’t on RD so I don’t have the same viewpoint on naive posters. But this thread is full of the best and brightest of TBH. NickelCity. CC. Ghon. B. Cabrini. Etc.
Same... I also adhere to the same approach and belief that activity is congruent to existence, as a researcher that's all I have to go on. But then let's say a member or leader makes a comment that goes against the conventional wisdom of the past 30 years. You research it and look into it with evidence for/against. You then state what the guy said and then present the evidence for or against and leave the argument open. Leave the ledge there for someone later to reevaluate the info and expand or dismiss it with more information 10 years from now.

Case in point, NJ as the first family. I can disprove it but I don't want to toss it. Something is there, muddled and misunderstood, and as a researcher I'd like to find the origins to this story. Fact is we have Rotondo, D'Arco and Buscetta all claiming Agrigento was at the epicenter of the American Mafia. And I'm just not finding that.

Buscetta also claims that the mafia used to be known as the Carbonari. Again I'm not seeing it but who cares. I'd state what he said and then I'd go into the Carbonari and offer a comparison and contrast to that of the mafia and let people make their own decision.

So I get, accept and respect their position.

This is dying down again, we'll revisit it in a month with the exact same arguments as this time and the 3 times before that. Salut. 8-)
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Chris Christie wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:02 amThis is dying down again, we'll revisit it in a month with the exact same arguments as this time and the 3 times before that. Salut. 8-)
Well, we can all revisit this again on November 9 when another year has passed. ;)
All roads lead to New York.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Chris Christie wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:02 am Buscetta also claims that the mafia used to be known as the Carbonari. Again I'm not seeing it but who cares. I'd state what he said and then I'd go into the Carbonari and offer a comparison and contrast to that of the mafia and let people make their own decision.
the mafia probably just copied the structure of the carboneria but they were not the same organization
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Interesting what US attorney James Kennedy, Jr in WNY office said about the Massecchia arraignment on narcotics and weapons charges in May of 2019:
"I will say that this is part of a much larger and ongoing organized crime and public corruption investigation, so stay tuned," Kennedy, Jr. said.
Here is a link to the newscast that has this excerpt from Kennedy’s news conference: https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/bu ... rafficking

For those who are unaware Masecchia is married to Bart Mazzara’s daughter who was a made man in Buffalo.
D'Youville College graduates Krista Mazzara and Michael Anthony Masecchia exchanged nuptial vows during a ceremony performed by Monsignor William A. Schwinger at 2 p.m. Saturday in St. Louis Catholic Church.

Mr. and Mrs. Bart T. Mazzara of Amherst are the bride's parents. The bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Nazzareno Masecchia of Colvin Avenue. A reception was given in the Statler Golden Ballroom in Statler Towers before the couple left for St. Thomas. They will be at home in North Tonawanda.

A graduate also of Mount St. Mary Academy, the bride is an accounting supervisor for Home Care Support Services Inc. The bridegroom, a Bennett High School graduate, is a substitute teacher in Grover Cleveland High School.
Here is the link to the article above: https://buffalonews.com/1993/05/30/mrs-masecchia/
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Wiseguy wrote:
Chris Christie wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:02 amThis is dying down again, we'll revisit it in a month with the exact same arguments as this time and the 3 times before that. Salut. 8-)
Well, we can all revisit this again on November 9 when another year has passed. ;)
I'd say we revisit this again on november 9th 2027. That would be a nice agreement.

Until then you stay out of this thread and when the time comes without more evidence, I will say that 'I wasn't sure until this day that it was Wiseguy who was right all along'.

Deal?
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

scagghiuni wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:15 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:02 am Buscetta also claims that the mafia used to be known as the Carbonari. Again I'm not seeing it but who cares. I'd state what he said and then I'd go into the Carbonari and offer a comparison and contrast to that of the mafia and let people make their own decision.
the mafia probably just copied the structure of the carboneria but they were not the same organization
There's very little that matches. The structure and rituals bear zero (0) resemblance. This thread isn't the place for it but if you want to discuss this further in another thread or PM we can.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:32 pm Interesting what US attorney James Kennedy, Jr in WNY office said about the Massecchia arraignment on narcotics and weapons charges in May of 2019:
"I will say that this is part of a much larger and ongoing organized crime and public corruption investigation, so stay tuned," Kennedy, Jr. said.
Here is a link to the newscast that has this excerpt from Kennedy’s news conference: https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/bu ... rafficking

For those who are unaware Masecchia is married to Bart Mazzara’s daughter who was a made man in Buffalo.
D'Youville College graduates Krista Mazzara and Michael Anthony Masecchia exchanged nuptial vows during a ceremony performed by Monsignor William A. Schwinger at 2 p.m. Saturday in St. Louis Catholic Church.

Mr. and Mrs. Bart T. Mazzara of Amherst are the bride's parents. The bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Nazzareno Masecchia of Colvin Avenue. A reception was given in the Statler Golden Ballroom in Statler Towers before the couple left for St. Thomas. They will be at home in North Tonawanda.

A graduate also of Mount St. Mary Academy, the bride is an accounting supervisor for Home Care Support Services Inc. The bridegroom, a Bennett High School graduate, is a substitute teacher in Grover Cleveland High School.
Here is the link to the article above: https://buffalonews.com/1993/05/30/mrs-masecchia/
My bad... Realized I wrote the DA statement was in May 2019... it was actually August 2019.