General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SolarSolano
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by SolarSolano »

The Chicago Outfit also had a substantial connection to Boston/Providence Patriarca crime family:

John Roselli was originally from the North End of Boston and got his start running heroin for the Sicilian bosses (Phil Buccola kept in touch with Roselli when the latter was in Italy).

Baby Shanks Manocchio who was recently boss (maybe still alive?) was hiding out in Cicero with Inserro and Aiuppa: https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... hio_Cicero

Frank Calabrese Jr. discusses that incident between his father and "Shorty" over being made - he mentioned it was in front of east coast LCN members - I asked him whether the "Raymond" and "Sonny" he refers to were Providence guys and he said - yeah one was Boston and both were made (Ray Patriarca Jr. and Sonny Mercurio).

A few more modern day examples of Chicago/NYC:

Elmo Amarante's Strip Club - Made Bonnano member busted running a strip club in Harvey, IL. I have to assume he was linked up with affiliates of the Outfit given they run all of the entertainment companies that these clubs operate from.

Outfit/Lucchese Meetings - Clearly Infelise/Ferriola were advising east coast families about their new leadership in Florida as recently as the late 80s. https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I believe Sam Carlisi also met with John Gotti in Florida in the late 80s. Outfit also attended a few Commission meetings in Florida throughout the 70s and 80s.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Excellent stuff @Solar and @Snakes and thanks.

Btw, wasnt there some connection during the late 80s/ early 90s between Jimmy LaPietra and the Lukes also? When Angelo got imprisoned, Jimmy allegedly fell under Ferriola as capo of the Chinatown crew, while Negal became the territorial boss of both Cicero/South Side faction, including the Chi Heights crew since at first Tocco allegedly answered to Ferriola or until his death. Later the Cicero/South Side mob took over the Chi Heights area after the imprisonment of Palermo, Guzzino and Morgano. If true, then i think this info fits with the Ferriola/Lukes connection
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Snakes wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:28 am I believe Sam Carlisi also met with John Gotti in Florida in the late 80s. Outfit also attended a few Commission meetings in Florida throughout the 70s and 80s.
I know Mike Mags met Gotti too supposedly. Where did you get that Carlisi met with Gotti? I bet Carlisi who was old school wasn't too fond of that guy.

Villain can you elaborate on the connection between Jimmy "Jimmy Lap" LaPietra and the Luccheses?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:17 am
Snakes wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:28 am I believe Sam Carlisi also met with John Gotti in Florida in the late 80s. Outfit also attended a few Commission meetings in Florida throughout the 70s and 80s.
I know Mike Mags met Gotti too supposedly. Where did you get that Carlisi met with Gotti? I bet Carlisi who was old school wasn't too fond of that guy.

Villain can you elaborate on the connection between Jimmy "Jimmy Lap" LaPietra and the Luccheses?
There was an alleged meeting in Florida involving Carlisi, Gotti, and the DeCavalcantes but there were little other details. The FBI attempted to stake it out but it either didn't happen or they missed it.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:24 am

There was an alleged meeting in Florida involving Carlisi, Gotti, and the DeCavalcantes but there were little other details. The FBI attempted to stake it out but it either didn't happen or they missed it.
Any idea what the reasonwas for this meeting? Any specific rackets, projects, or beefs that were likely to have been the topic between the Gambinos, DeCavs, and Chicago at this point in time?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:17 am Villain can you elaborate on the connection between Jimmy "Jimmy Lap" LaPietra and the Luccheses?
Sorry bud but not much....before i posted that info, i went through most of my files but couldnt find anything (ive lost a lot of files because of "technical" problems) but i do remember about the information regarding the Lukes and J LaPietra...i also believe that Amusso and Casso were also mentioned....ill continue searching...the Ferriola/Lukes post reminded me of that same situation and thats why i asked if anyone else heard about this?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Villain wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:40 am
SolarSolano wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:17 am Villain can you elaborate on the connection between Jimmy "Jimmy Lap" LaPietra and the Luccheses?
Sorry bud but not much....before i posted that info, i went through most of my files but couldnt find anything (ive lost a lot of files because of "technical" problems) but i do remember about the information regarding the Lukes and J LaPietra...i also believe that Amusso and Casso were also mentioned....ill continue searching...the Ferriola/Lukes post reminded me of that same situation and thats why i asked if anyone else heard about this?
Wasn't Angelo locked up in Petersburg FCI with some Luccheses?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:32 am
Snakes wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:24 am

Any idea what the reasonwas for this meeting? Any specific rackets, projects, or beefs that were likely to have been the topic between the Gambinos, DeCavs, and Chicago at this point in time?
I'd have to look but they didn't mention specifics. If the DeCavalcantes were involved I'd imagine labor unions were at least one topic of discussion.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Infelise and my relative James Mirro were working with Corky Vastola going back to the 1960s in cargo thefts - they certainly knew the DeCavalcante crime family. Additionally, Tony Caponigro of NJ was originally from Chicago was the uncle of Ron DeRosa I believe - DeRosa was the one pimping out cars for the Outfit guys and apprently they found cars at his garage owned by James Napoli of NYC. So clearly - guys on the East Coast had heard of DeRosa's work hooking up police scanners to car radios and reached out.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:06 am
Villain wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:40 am
Wasn't Angelo locked up in Petersburg FCI with some Luccheses?
Dont have a clue although his brother headed the crew on the outside and if thats true, then we have more than few sources and rumors regarding the Chinatown/Lucchese connections
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:14 am Additionally, Tony Caponigro of NJ was originally from Chicago was the uncle of Ron DeRosa I believe - DeRosa was the one pimping out cars for the Outfit guys and apprently they found cars at his garage owned by James Napoli of NYC. So clearly - guys on the East Coast had heard of DeRosa's work hooking up police scanners to car radios and reached out.
Caponigro visited Giancana while Mooney was in Mexico so maybe they knew each other previous of that....
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:07 am
PolackTony wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:32 am There was an alleged meeting in Florida involving Carlisi, Gotti, and the DeCavalcantes but there were little other details. The FBI attempted to stake it out but it either didn't happen or they missed it.
I'd have to look but they didn't mention specifics. If the DeCavalcantes were involved I'd imagine labor unions were at least one topic of discussion.
[/quote]
SolarSolano wrote: Infelise and my relative James Mirro were working with Corky Vastola going back to the 1960s in cargo thefts - they certainly knew the DeCavalcante crime family. Additionally, Tony Caponigro of NJ was originally from Chicago was the uncle of Ron DeRosa I believe - DeRosa was the one pimping out cars for the Outfit guys and apprently they found cars at his garage owned by James Napoli of NYC. So clearly - guys on the East Coast had heard of DeRosa's work hooking up police scanners to car radios and reached out.
Thanks for the replies. Given the DeCavs involvement, I'd suspected union stuff, but honestly wonder how much national union action was happening by this point that required coordination between NY/NJ and Chicago. Since this was before John Riggi was busted, perhaps this era was the last gasp of national-level LCN coordination on union matters.

SolarSolano, thanks for the info. I know that Infelice had his own personal connections to NJ, but wasn't aware that Cowboy was also part of this. As this alleged meeting took place during the late 80's, interesting to note that this was also the time when Gotti and Riggi were conspiring to whack Vastola.

Given that around these same years Infelice seems to have also been meeting in Fl with his old buddy DePietto, I've also wondered if these guys maintained their narcotics connections and if that could've also been part of the context for these meetings.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

One more thing to note -- unless I'm missing something, these apparent meetings between NY/NJ and Chicago in this period seem to have only involved Cicero and MP guys? No mention that I see of Andriacchi, or anyone from Grand Ave. This could be due to longstanding personal links that we've already identified (and I know also that Carlisi had longtime ties to other LCN families), but also could signal that by this time Cicero/MP had already established itself as the dominant faction within the Outfit.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:08 pm One more thing to note -- unless I'm missing something, these apparent meetings between NY/NJ and Chicago in this period seem to have only involved Cicero and MP guys? No mention that I see of Andriacchi, or anyone from Grand Ave. This could be due to longstanding personal links that we've already identified (and I know also that Carlisi had longtime ties to other LCN families), but also could signal that by this time Cicero/MP had already established itself as the dominant faction within the Outfit.
Infelise had a home in Florida and so did Carlisi so it may have been for convenience as much as anything. Frank Schweihs was another guy who spent a considerable amount of time in the state. John Varelli also lived there until his death in 1986.