General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Coloboy
Straightened out

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Coloboy »

Snakes wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:12 pm Sneak preview/work in progress:

Nice!

Lombardo‘s picture remind me to ask about this. The only source I saw it from was gangster report, but did you guys see that Scott floated the notion that the reason Lombardo was moved to Supermax was because he tried to hire an African-American gang member to murder Judge Zagel from the family secrets trial?

I always wondered why they moved him to that prison, which is normally reserved for folks like terrorists and the Unabomber. Could make sense
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

The only source I know for that is Scott, and IIRC, Scott has only mentioned that as a rumor. Not at all impossible that Joey could’ve tried to pull something like that, I suppose. But Marcello also wound up in ADMAX, so who knows what really happened there. I’ve always figured that the Feds had some particular hard-on for Chicago or something; East Coast LCN leaders haven’t been treated the same way, though I’m not sure how many of them really have been convicted on the kind of murder conspiracy charges that these guys were. You’d think that the Feds, at least ostensibly, justified the treatment of Marcello and Lombardo on the basis of concern that they’d continue to run the organization from behind bars (which is essentially why they threw Larry Hoover in ADMAX in ‘97). But, typically, Chicago hasn’t seemed to have done that (e.g., Aiuppa and Cerone), so I do wonder if there was more to the story there. I’m not aware that any other LCN members have ever been incarcerated in Florence ADMAX.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:19 pm The only source I know for that is Scott, and IIRC, Scott has only mentioned that as a rumor. Not at all impossible that Joey could’ve tried to pull something like that, I suppose. But Marcello also wound up in ADMAX, so who knows what really happened there. I’ve always figured that the Feds had some particular hard-on for Chicago or something; East Coast LCN leaders haven’t been treated the same way, though I’m not sure how many of them really have been convicted on the kind of murder conspiracy charges that these guys were. You’d think that the Feds, at least ostensibly, justified the treatment of Marcello and Lombardo on the basis of concern that they’d continue to run the organization from behind bars (which is essentially why they threw Larry Hoover in ADMAX in ‘97). But, typically, Chicago hasn’t seemed to have done that (e.g., Aiuppa and Cerone), so I do wonder if there was more to the story there. I’m not aware that any other LCN members have ever been incarcerated in Florence ADMAX.
Vincent Basciano was there for a while but was transferred out because “he was no longer a threat to the outside world”. Funny how they say he’s not a threat but Jimmy Marcello is. Something very strange is going on regarding his incarceration there. I’m surprised his lawyers can’t do anything to get him out.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:50 pm
PolackTony wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:19 pm The only source I know for that is Scott, and IIRC, Scott has only mentioned that as a rumor. Not at all impossible that Joey could’ve tried to pull something like that, I suppose. But Marcello also wound up in ADMAX, so who knows what really happened there. I’ve always figured that the Feds had some particular hard-on for Chicago or something; East Coast LCN leaders haven’t been treated the same way, though I’m not sure how many of them really have been convicted on the kind of murder conspiracy charges that these guys were. You’d think that the Feds, at least ostensibly, justified the treatment of Marcello and Lombardo on the basis of concern that they’d continue to run the organization from behind bars (which is essentially why they threw Larry Hoover in ADMAX in ‘97). But, typically, Chicago hasn’t seemed to have done that (e.g., Aiuppa and Cerone), so I do wonder if there was more to the story there. I’m not aware that any other LCN members have ever been incarcerated in Florence ADMAX.
Vincent Basciano was there for a while but was transferred out because “he was no longer a threat to the outside world”. Funny how they say he’s not a threat but Jimmy Marcello is. Something very strange is going on regarding his incarceration there. I’m surprised his lawyers can’t do anything to get him out.
Thanks for the reminder on Basciano. Still not a typical approach for LCN members, I think, so the fact that they threw both Lombardo and Marcello in there suggests that there was some context that we aren’t aware of. In 2012, Marcello’s lawyer cried foul during the appeals process following the FS convictions, as the BOP transferred Jimmy from Chicago MCC to Atwater, even though Federal prosecutors had recommended that he be transferred to Terre Haute. Reportedly, Judge James Zagel was furious over the transfer to CA and Jimmy was transported back to Chicago. This was chalked up to a miscommunication by BOP, but I wonder, given that he was thrown in ADMAX and not Terre Haute after this, if there was more to the story than what came out.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Marcello/Lombardo in supermax has always struck me as odd.

Another angle could be it’s a PR move. Always great to say you have the “bosses of the Chicago mob” housed at your facility.

I think it’s more likely they know something or pissed someone off behind the scenes.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:50 pm Vincent Basciano was there for a while but was transferred out because “he was no longer a threat to the outside world”. Funny how they say he’s not a threat but Jimmy Marcello is. Something very strange is going on regarding his incarceration there. I’m surprised his lawyers can’t do anything to get him out.
Funnily enough, the only other LCN member to be placed in ADX is Basciano, who was also linked to (whether its true or not in Lombardo's case) a plot to kill Judge Nicholas G. Garaufis.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

PolackTony wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:13 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:50 pm
Thanks for the reminder on Basciano. Still not a typical approach for LCN members, I think, so the fact that they threw both Lombardo and Marcello in there suggests that there was some context that we aren’t aware of. In 2012, Marcello’s lawyer cried foul during the appeals process following the FS convictions, as the BOP transferred Jimmy from Chicago MCC to Atwater, even though Federal prosecutors had recommended that he be transferred to Terre Haute. Reportedly, Judge James Zagel was furious over the transfer to CA and Jimmy was transported back to Chicago. This was chalked up to a miscommunication by BOP, but I wonder, given that he was thrown in ADMAX and not Terre Haute after this, if there was more to the story than what came out.
Steven mandell who was convicted in Chicago and had mob ties is also at adx. Sammy the bull was there too
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

Any thoughts on this guy Chuck Miceli claiming that Lombardo wasn't the one who killed Danny Siefert, but rather it was a corrupt Chicago cop? Sounds like he's talking to anyone who will listen.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SonnyC wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:48 am Any thoughts on this guy Chuck Miceli claiming that Lombardo wasn't the one who killed Danny Siefert, but rather it was a corrupt Chicago cop? Sounds like he's talking to anyone who will listen.
Run a search, we’ve discussed this guy and his ridiculous claims already.
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

Got it, just didn't look back far enough initially. This guy is a real piece of work.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

With the recent discussion about the Bonannos working with other families, I was revisiting the story of Elmo Almarante’s strip club in Harvey. I noted this excerpt about a New York guy with a cousin with Chicago (unclear from this if either were made), from the account of Ron Goldstock, former head of the NYS OC Task Force:
http://www.americanmafia.com/News/5-14- ... _Ties.html
Some 20 years ago, Goldstock said, an FBI wiretap in Chicago picked up a New York mobster phoning his cronies in the Big Apple.

The FBI wire tap was running on the phone of the New Yorker's cousin. The Chicagoan was a member of the Outfit, Goldstock said.

The resulting tap provided only mere laughs for federal authorities, he said.

"The New Yorker calls his friends back home. He tells them he took a walk around town," Goldstock said. "They asked him what Chicago was like and he responds, 'It's unbelievable. They got a (expletive) ocean here.'"
Besides the quote being some classic New Yorker-visits-Chicago shit (lol), I was wondering who this guy was and who his cousin in Chicago would’ve been. 1980s, looks like, so a quick name that comes to mind could be Dom Cirillo. Given his ancestry from Potenza province, Basilicata, I would assume he very likely could’ve had some family in Chicago and was identified in the 90s as Genovese liaison to Chicago. Any other info about this ever come out?

On the subject of Amarante, also worth noting that Harvey (apart from being a general shithole), was the Chicagoland HQ of the Hells Angels at that time. As the Bonannos have had some links to the HAs in the past, IIRC, this could possibly be relevant.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

PolackTony wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:52 pm The resulting tap provided only mere laughs for federal authorities, he said.

"The New Yorker calls his friends back home. He tells them he took a walk around town," Goldstock said. "They asked him what Chicago was like and he responds, 'It's unbelievable. They got a (expletive) ocean here.'"

Pistone tells a similar story in his book. During the Milwaukee deal Lefty called him from the Midwest and told him about the "ocean" he saw. He couldn't comprehend that it was a lake,

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:41 am
PolackTony wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:52 pm The resulting tap provided only mere laughs for federal authorities, he said.

Pistone tells a similar story in his book. During the Milwaukee deal Lefty called him from the Midwest and told him about the "ocean" he saw. He couldn't comprehend that it was a lake,

Pogo
People who aren’t from there don’t generally have any frame of reference for how massive the Great Lakes are. They hear “Lake Michigan”, and don’t picture a 900’ deep body of water and beaches with skyscrapers looming above them.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

What happened to the Boka Breeze? Did he ever return after getting kicked off of Reddit last year?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:42 pm What happened to the Boka Breeze? Did he ever return after getting kicked off of Reddit last year?
He did briefly and got banned again after getting into his usual shenanigans. I stopped communicating with him before all that went down, once it became clear to me that he was a charlatan.