Current Chicago Players 2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: Current Chicago Players 2020

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:57 pm
Villain wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:46 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:38 pm Was Buccieri really above Alderisio? I've read transcripts about Alderisio essentially taking over the south side from Buccieri following LaPorte's departure to California - that was the same transcript where Alderisio threatens Joe Ferriola who was representing Buccieri with "I'll tear you limb from limb..."
Thats right but Alderisio never achieved that since he was swindled by Alex and Ralph Pierce, the real reps for the south side at the time. Once Giancana was out of the country and later Battaglia stepped foot in jail, Alderisio lost his protection but remained as top rep for the west side block. As a matter of fact, some sources say that during some specific situations, Alderisio sometimes acted as being subordinate to Alex....while on the other hand, the Buccieri crew managed to infiltrate the south side since the mid 60s when Alex invited them in. There was a meeting between Alex and Buccieri in New Mexico i think, where Alex asked Buccieri to help him out with the collections from around the Loop, Chinatown and the South Side and so Buccieri remained ....thats why LaPorte and the Chi Heights faction also had problems with the Buccieri group at the time....hence the absorption of their territory by the Cicero crew two decades later or during the mid 90s....
This makes a lot of sense. Alderisio attempts to muscle in on the Southside but is blocked by Alex and Pierce who apparently favored Buccieri? Then with Giancana out of town and Battaglia out, Alderisio and the Westside lose their ability to contest for the Southside. After Buccieri dies (and I suppose with Alex increasingly out in FL and tasked with admin responsibilities as senior advisor) LaPietra then becomes boss of the Southside.
Thats right, although some sources say that after Torellos death it was for Ferriola to take his place but he had some problems at the time and was allegedly pushed out by LaPietra who, as you already stated, becane the new rep for the South Side.

As for Alderisio, even if he received some interests on the south, still in 69 he was indicted and imprisoned the next year, and on top of that his successor Nicoletti didnt have any interests on the south at the time, meaning the Buccieris were probably already in
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

What are the sources on LaPietra beefing with Ferriola? That is interesting as I believed Ferriola to be Fifi's right hand man next to Torello.

Alderisio from what I've read simply was a mobster's mobster - Giancana called him an 'octopus' with his hands in everything. He really just moved in and took over but clearly was subservient to the brass. Keep in mind Alderisio was also well-connected in NYC given he was from the Bronx/Yonkers and his father was a knockaround guy.

Also gotta say this entire thread is just awesome - lots of knowledge you guys have and interesting to showcase the evolution of the Outfit crews.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:04 am What are the sources on LaPietra beefing with Ferriola? That is interesting as I believed Ferriola to be Fifi's right hand man next to Torello.

Alderisio from what I've read simply was a mobster's mobster - Giancana called him an 'octopus' with his hands in everything. He really just moved in and took over but clearly was subservient to the brass. Keep in mind Alderisio was also well-connected in NYC given he was from the Bronx/Yonkers and his father was a knockaround guy.

Also gotta say this entire thread is just awesome - lots of knowledge you guys have and interesting to showcase the evolution of the Outfit crews.
I think that it was a government source from 1979 or several months after Torellos death...as for Alderisio, you are right about everything you said and I would also add that the guy used to collect or buy old Roman statues, and he used to travel to old Roman sites and listened to old Italian music lol
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:12 pm I've also seen the term "elder statesmen." During a funeral, Buccieri, Prio, and LaPorte -- among others that I can't remember -- were described as "elder statesmen." It didn't sound like an official term but it also seemed like it was something that was more common in the 60s and earlier when the organization was larger and these men ruled over a significant geographic area or commanded a higher level of respect. Once the Outfit shrank, this seemed to die off, although it may have eventually turned into the "old dudes on parole"/adviser group.
Yeah, ive also seen the term elder statesman being used to describe Rocco DeGrazia when he fell under Battaglia
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Villain wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:49 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:04 am What are the sources on LaPietra beefing with Ferriola? That is interesting as I believed Ferriola to be Fifi's right hand man next to Torello.

I think that it was a government source from 1979 or several months after Torellos death...as for Alderisio, you are right about everything you said and I would also add that the guy used to collect or buy old Roman statues, and he used to travel to old Roman sites and listened to old Italian music lol
If you read Jack Gail's book - who was part of Phil's crew - he said Phil and his crew would come over to the condo and Phil would insist on playing these old opera albums on full blast. I've always wondered what happened to Dominic Alderisio, his son.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

SolarSolano wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:48 am
Villain wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:49 pm

If you read Jack Gail's book - who was part of Phil's crew - he said Phil and his crew would come over to the condo and Phil would insist on playing these old opera albums on full blast. I've always wondered what happened to Dominic Alderisio, his son.
Giancana yelling at Alderisio to stop talking about old Roman ruins (i dont know how true is this since it comes from wiki although it corresponds with our talk):

GIANCANA: Phil, goddammit! Ruins! I got coppers coming out of my eyeballs and you sit there telling me about ruins! Listen to me, Phil, listen real good! Ruins ain't garbage! Forget about them goddamn ruins!
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Phil's house on Berkely in Riverside was on the market a few years ago - I toured it. WOW. Just a beautiful home and boy would I love to explore all of those walls. He apparently had a gun room in the basement and the owners had said shell casings were found in the vents, indicating they were shooting off rounds in the basement as well.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

SolarSolano wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:59 am Phil's house on Berkely in Riverside was on the market a few years ago - I toured it. WOW. Just a beautiful home and boy would I love to explore all of those walls. He apparently had a gun room in the basement and the owners had said shell casings were found in the vents, indicating they were shooting off rounds in the basement as well.
Nice info. I think when he and Lombardo got arrested together, the feds found more than few weapons right?
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Villain wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:01 am
SolarSolano wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:59 am Phil's house on Berkely in Riverside was on the market a few years ago - I toured it. WOW. Just a beautiful home and boy would I love to explore all of those walls. He apparently had a gun room in the basement and the owners had said shell casings were found in the vents, indicating they were shooting off rounds in the basement as well.
Nice info. I think when he and Lombardo got arrested together, the feds found more than few weapons right?
I believe Schweis and Lombardo were both pinched leaving Phil's house.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

It's interesting to ponder the counterfactual scenario where Giancana was never deposed, and Alderisio, Nicoletti, and Lombardo form the ruling force in the Outfit in the 70s and 80s.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:26 am It's interesting to ponder the counterfactual scenario where Giancana was never deposed, and Alderisio, Nicoletti, and Lombardo form the ruling force in the Outfit in the 70s and 80s.
Yup, some sources say that Giancana was still considered the official boss until his demise in 75, although we have same or conflicting information regarding Battaglia being also considered the official boss until his death in 73, besides being in prison at the time....and as a matter of fact, both imprisoned bosses Cerone and Battaglia were visited by the same mob lawyer, Barney Bruno, who in turn transfered their orders or opinions to the top admin on the streets.....shits confusing lol, but if you ask me, they all shared the senior advisor position...some from jail, others from out of the country....and i believe that Giancana was looked upon as one

In addition, im not sure if most of you guys know but while being in Cook County jail, Battaglia shared his jail cell with another alleged gang leader and convicted murderer, separate from the Outfit, known as Martin Tajra or something like that. Later Battaglia was transferred to a federal penitentiary and was placed in the same general area as Richard Speck, a convicted serial killer lol
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Villain wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:55 am
PolackTony wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:26 am It's interesting to ponder the counterfactual scenario where Giancana was never deposed, and Alderisio, Nicoletti, and Lombardo form the ruling force in the Outfit in the 70s and 80s.
Yup, some sources say that Giancana was still considered the official boss until his demise in 75, although we have same or conflicting information regarding Battaglia being also considered the official boss until his death in 73, besides being in prison at the time....and as a matter of fact, both imprisoned bosses Cerone and Battaglia were visited by the same mob lawyer, Barney Bruno, who in turn transfered their orders or opinions to the top admin on the streets.....shits confusing lol, but if you ask me, they all shared the senior advisor position...some from jail, others from out of the country....and i believe that Giancana was looked upon as one
In addition, by 1975 Giancana and Battaglia were both gone and so this corresponds with another info that in 75 Aiuppa became official, same as Cerone as his number 2
electricslim
Straightened out

Post by electricslim »

SolarSolano wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:48 am I've always wondered what happened to Dominic Alderisio, his son.
Dominic died of a heart attack in 1969.
electricslim
Straightened out

Post by electricslim »

Whoops, not 1969, it was 1974. And it wasn't a hear attack it was liver failure.

and I just suffered from memory failure. Anyhow here's the article:

Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Tnx electricslim.....damn he died just few years after his fathers death