Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Opinion/Discussion: DeCavalcante Present Day

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The last estimate we have for them is from 2004 with 40-50 members and 50 associates. It was reported in September 2000 that they were the weakest family in the region. So even before they were completely decimated by the big indictment in October of that year and before they lost their unions in 2006 they were at a lower level than Philly and probably NE.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Idk maybe it’s from the agents point of view. I don’t expect him to be a LCN historian or something
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:43 pm The last estimate we have for them is from 2004 with 40-50 members and 50 associates. It was reported in September 2000 that they were the weakest family in the region. So even before they were completely decimated by the big indictment in October of that year and before they lost their unions in 2006 they were at a lower level than Philly and probably NE.

Pogo
I was going off B.'s 2015 chart, which lists forty-two members with four or five who are possibly made.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7658
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:35 am
TommyNoto wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:37 am
Dave65827 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:37 pm The agent says The Decavs can give the five families a run for their money. They are “serious people” and are old school. And are “good in size” along with being tight nit.

Also mentions the Decavs would do anything to prove themselves to the other families
I’m not sure about the size part but maybe some of them are more entrenched in legit rackets then we give them credit for. Construction & trucking business is booming there.

Some of those guys made alot of money in real estate / warehouses as it’s booming in Elizabeth. Elizabeth still has Italian meat stores, social clubs and feasts .
They currently have 45–50 made members (that we know of), which makes them the sixth largest family in the country. I believe they have fewer associates per made guy than the other families, but that's still a decent sized family.
I’m not sure we know of anything with that family today, everyone says they keep to themselves , I wouldn’t be surprised if they were on their last legs or actually had 5-10 guys with considerable business assets all over the place making port deals. No idea, but they def made multiple multiple millions on real estate / warehouses. All those Elizabeth warehouses are being bought for huge $ for specialty warehouse ( cold storage etc ). Not to mention Elizabeth had an active strip club scene , type of place where you could have fun and then have the kid on the bicycle grab some good yip from the public houses a few blocks over. I wonder if those strip clubs made it ? , Wet in Bellville closed and that place was fun . Sad as a lot of the high end Italian places didn’t make it ( American Bistro in Bellville which is a travesty ) , Meal in Nutley etc,
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:51 pm I was going off B.'s 2015 chart, which lists forty-two members with four or five who are possibly made.

Subtracting the guys who have died since then I have 34-37 IDed members today.

TommyNoto wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:52 pm idea, but they def made multiple multiple millions on real estate / warehouses. All those Elizabeth warehouses are being bought for huge $ for specialty warehouse ( cold storage etc ).

Too bad Frank Guarraci didn't get the memo. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:09 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:51 pm I was going off B.'s 2015 chart, which lists forty-two members with four or five who are possibly made.

Subtracting the guys who have died since then I have 34-37 IDed members today.

TommyNoto wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:52 pm idea, but they def made multiple multiple millions on real estate / warehouses. All those Elizabeth warehouses are being bought for huge $ for specialty warehouse ( cold storage etc ).

Too bad Frank Guarraci didn't get the memo. :mrgreen:

Pogo
Was he broke ? Lol
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He was the Acting Boss and he was personally trying to shake down the manager of a pizza shop. This is embarrassing.

The Complaint, which was issued on Feb. 17 and unsealed with today’s arrests, alleges that on July 3, 2009, Francesco “Frank” Guarraci, 55, of Elizabeth, Michael Nobile, 29, of Manalapan, and John Koster, 29, of Washington Township, conspired and agreed with each other to obstruct, delay, and affect interstate commerce by inducing the manager of the Washington Township pizzeria, through actual and threatened force, violence, and fear, to relinquish the daily proceeds of the pizzeria at which he was employed.

Nobile and Koster were arrested earlier today by Special Agents with the FBI. Authorities expect Guarraci to surrender tomorrow morning.

According to the Complaint, the owner of Lenny’s Pizza, Lenny Palermo, had recently passed away. On July 3 at approximately 9:00 p.m., Guarraci, Nobile, Koster and two others arrived at the pizzeria and Koster informed the restaurant employees that Guarraci was “the guy in charge.” Allegedly, Guarraci approached the manager and demanded the restaurant’s money and receipts. Guarraci also told the manager that every night he was to give the restaurant’s proceeds to Koster. According tot he Complaint, the manager refused to engage Guarraci in any conversation and his demeanor angered Guarraci, who began yelling and cursing at the manager. Guarraci screamed “I run the show,” and Nobile walked behind the counter to where the manager was standing, put his hand on the manager’s chest, and asked “so this is the tough guy?” Allegedly, when the manager picked up the telephone to call 911, Nobile prevented him from making the call.

According to the Complaint, two uncharged associates silently stood near the entrance. During this incident, several customers became alarmed and exited the restaurant without paying their bills. One customer dialed 911 and indicated that it appeared to be a scene from the “Sopranos” TV series. Several of the restaurant’s waitresses, young women in their late teens, began to cry. Police quickly arrived and questioned all five individuals, only one of whom had any from of identification on his person, according to the Complaint.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Dave65827 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:37 pm The agent says The Decavs can give the five families a run for their money.
I don't know he could possibly be basing that on.
TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:35 amThey currently have 45–50 made members (that we know of), which makes them the sixth largest family in the country. I believe they have fewer associates per made guy than the other families, but that's still a decent sized family.
As Pogo said, the current number is probably closer to 35-40 members. Of the families outside NY, Philadelphia appears to have the most members, with New Jersey and New England being slightly smaller.
All roads lead to New York.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

34-37 identified members, most of those longtime members. If you want to talk probability, they probably have 40+ members. There's no exact formula beyond that.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:41 pm
Dave65827 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:37 pm The agent says The Decavs can give the five families a run for their money.
I don't know he could possibly be basing that on.
TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:35 amThey currently have 45–50 made members (that we know of), which makes them the sixth largest family in the country. I believe they have fewer associates per made guy than the other families, but that's still a decent sized family.
As Pogo said, the current number is probably closer to 35-40 members. Of the families outside NY, Philadelphia appears to have the most members, with New Jersey and New England being slightly smaller.
The Undercover is an FBI agent right ? So it’s from their intelligence files

That family sticks to themselves, that area is still like the 80s so I wouldn’t be shocked if they have rebuilt . They could also been be on their legs, we don’t know but if an FBI agent says they are stronger then many think , I’m going with that until I hear more / otherwise
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Well, what if he's right? Or maybe he meant they can give them a run for their money in a different context like how they operate or something.
I mean I am not trying to dream up anything. I live in CT. I can give a F less how big or small the DeCavalcantes are...I mean the guy said he saw a shrink after this... I mean for what selling contraband Newport? lol Geesh
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

I think he just meant they are taken seriously in the underworld and that they are still old school , unlike some of the other families
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

I listened to the podcast yesterday , did he say they still had NY crew (s)
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

TommyNoto wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:39 am I listened to the podcast yesterday , did he say they still had NY crew (s)
Yeah they still have an active NY Crew.

They’re just not allowed to straighten out guys from NY anymore supposedly but who knows if that’s even enforced still in the year 2021 by the 5 Families.

-Dante
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

They do seem like a bunch of bums doing petty shit, but the undercover agent really only dealt with the Stango crew, I think? I mean, he met a few of the other made guys socially, but he personally wasn’t involved in any rackets with the other crews with guys from Ribera, right?