Free Like A Bird Once Again: No More Federal Oversight For Skinny Joey, Philly Mafia Don Let Off Parole

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: Free Like A Bird Once Again: No More Federal Oversight For Skinny Joey, Philly Mafia Don Let Off Parole

Post by Ivan »

NJShore4Life wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:46 am Ligambi didn’t outright give an interview to Philly Magazine, he thought he was doing The Geator a favor by meeting this guy from the magazine who then quoted him in his article. Uncle Joe was just doing a favor for The Geator and it backfired. Supposedly he wasn’t too happy about it either.
Can't believe Blavat is still around. He's like 40 in that Bruno funeral video and that was 40+ years ago.

The official Philly Cosa Nostra disc jockey. Weird.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
monarch
Honorary Member

Re: Free Like A Bird Once Again: No More Federal Oversight For Skinny Joey, Philly Mafia Don Let Off Parole

Post by monarch »

Ivan wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:39 am
Can't believe Blavat is still around. He's like 40 in that Bruno funeral video and that was 40+ years ago.

The official Philly Cosa Nostra disc jockey. Weird.
and he drives a car with his picture on it.

He ate dinner at a neighborhood restaurant every Monday during 2020's outdoor dining boom. Everyone in his party was low key like every other restaurant patron while Blavat laughed uncharacteristically loud. His attention seeking is what made me notice him and his car, I had to ask who he was; I guess he owns a dealership or something.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Let’s be real though…The Philly Mob or like I say the Philly Gang hasn’t really or hasn’t been La Cosa Nostra since I guess Stanfa was the last real don even though he did a shitty fucking job and allegedly or apparently made Veasey but I dont believe that…its blow hard shit, Stanfa was from Sicily he’d never allow it.

As far as I’m concerned Merlino is a gangster but he’s hardly LCN. He had an instagram account. Enough said? His family is like a College Fraternity
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:00 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:46 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:40 am Ligambi wasn't low key at all or all that smart either. Just incredibly lucky like Merlino.

Pogo
How so? He got arrested one time and beat the case?
I think he operates low key and smart to be not get caught on very little wiretaps.

Pure luck as he was cought on a wire with Massimino and Staino talking about the video poker business. Massimino and Staino both went down and he lucked out with a hung jury. Not to mention all the informants he delt with (Caprio, Monacello, Stefanelli, etc)

And he was hardly low key. He was constantly out and about and in the press. Going to Merlino's trail with a crew of wiseguys around him, going to mob funerals and weddings with a crew around him, ordering several high profile murders, showing up to the funeral of the murdered Johnny Gongs with wiseguys around him, talking to reporters, etc.

He may have been low key compared to Scarfo and Merlino but in the 2000s he was the most covered Boss in the US with the exception of Massino (because of the Donnie Brasco tie in).

Pogo
Also , Ligambi was on a all Mafia baseball team with a lot of pictures taken , thats not considered as low key, Very high key, could you picture Benny Squint playing like that :mrgreen:
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

joeycigars wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:21 pm Also , Ligambi was on a all Mafia baseball team with a lot of pictures taken , thats not considered as low key, Very high key, could you picture Benny Squint playing like that :mrgreen:
see a Genovese Family softball team would never work because no one would know what position anyone is playing
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Extortion wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:09 pm Let’s be real though…The Philly Mob or like I say the Philly Gang hasn’t really or hasn’t been La Cosa Nostra since I guess Stanfa was the last real don even though he did a shitty fucking job and allegedly or apparently made Veasey but I dont believe that…its blow hard shit, Stanfa was from Sicily he’d never allow it.

As far as I’m concerned Merlino is a gangster but he’s hardly LCN. He had an instagram account. Enough said? His family is like a College Fraternity
Plenty of mob guys are on social media these days. Genovese soldier Salvatore Larca had a Facebook page, although he seems to have taken it down or made it private. As long as they're not posting anything incriminating it doesn't really matter.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:50 pm
joeycigars wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:21 pm Also , Ligambi was on a all Mafia baseball team with a lot of pictures taken , thats not considered as low key, Very high key, could you picture Benny Squint playing like that :mrgreen:
see a Genovese Family softball team would never work because no one would know what position anyone is playing
Ba-bump-CHA
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:59 pm
Extortion wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:09 pm Let’s be real though…The Philly Mob or like I say the Philly Gang hasn’t really or hasn’t been La Cosa Nostra since I guess Stanfa was the last real don even though he did a shitty fucking job and allegedly or apparently made Veasey but I dont believe that…its blow hard shit, Stanfa was from Sicily he’d never allow it.

Plenty of mob guys are on social media these days. Genovese soldier Salvatore Larca had a Facebook page, although he seems to have taken it down or made it private. As long as they're not posting anything incriminating it doesn't really matter.
Solly DeLaurentis has an FB account, Sopranos memes and all lol.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:46 am Ligambi didn’t outright give an interview to Philly Magazine, he thought he was doing The Geator a favor by meeting this guy from the magazine who then quoted him in his article. Uncle Joe was just doing a favor for The Geator and it backfired. Supposedly he wasn’t too happy about it either.

-Dante
Does Ligambi have anything legitmate?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:09 amDoes Ligambi have anything legitmate?
I remember reading he had some interests in a towing company and real estate. Up to 2011 he had that $50k a year no-show with Top Job Disposal before the indictment.
All roads lead to New York.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:29 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:09 amDoes Ligambi have anything legitmate?
I remember reading he had some interests in a towing company and real estate. Up to 2011 he had that $50k a year no-show with Top Job Disposal before the indictment.
That's it? 50k/yt which is probably gone now since the trial. I guess he can consider himself retired collecting a pension now? Why doesn't he just say he's a reddit day trader
PogueMahone
Straightened out

Post by PogueMahone »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:59 pm

Tony Mucci, Nick Cotroni, Frank Cotroni Jr, Frank Albanese, Donald Driver and a bunch of serious Montreal guys have Facebook accounts as well. Mucci even posts daily inspirational quotes.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Ivan wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:50 pm see a Genovese Family softball team would never work because no one would know what position anyone is playing
:lol:
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

You guys do realize that it’s just a neighborhood softball team of guys from the neighborhood, there’s regular guys on those softball teams that have nothing to do with the life that couldn’t even kill an afternoon.

It’s 100% not a “South Philly Mob” Softball team. Never was and never has been.

In the year 2021 it’s not uncommon for guys to have social media.

You would be surprised at some of the guys who are on social media because it’s a normal thing that everyone does in society in general.

For instance, Johnny Chang and Damion Canalichio both have low key Instagram accounts, both pretty serious guys that are well respected across the boards by everyone.

-Dante
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

He wasnt a real La Cosa Nostra from the Angelo Bruno death; Stanfa was just a puppet of NY. You can say what you want of Uncle Joe but when was street boss stabilized the family,restored the relations with NY and the independent bookies that stopped working with the mob because Merlino didnt paid the gambling debts.