Historical Bosses of Palermo Province

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Historical Bosses of Palermo Province

Post by Dwalin2014 »

I am not sure if Kalsa was ever a separate family, I thought Tommaso Spadaro was in the Porta Nuova family headed by Pippo Calo', even though he did indeed control the Kalsa district.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Looks good. In 1910 the Palermo Families split, going 2, 3 or 4 ways. I got the info, I'll have to pull it up later and post it. But in 1910 there were more bosses (more families) than in 1909 and earlier.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Additions:

Corleone:
Consigliere: Gaetano Riina (2020)

Palazzo Adriano:
Pietro Masaracchia (2020)

Prizzi:
Tommaso Cannella (2020) [year was missing]
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

(Families listed in San Giorgi are in red, Falde isn't listed in modern lists, Olivuzza is Noce) today)

San Lorenzo Mandamento
San Lorenzo (Piana Dei Colli)
Tommaso Natale
Partanna Mondello
Capaci
Carini

Resuttana Mandamento
Resuttana
Acquasanta
Arenella

PdR Mandamento
Passo di Rigano
Uditore
Torreta

Noce Mandamento
Noce (Olivuzza)
Malaspina
Altarello di Baida

Porta Nuova Mandamento
Porta Nuova
Borgo Vecchio
Palermo Centro

Pagliarelli Mandamento
Pagliarelli
Mezzomonreale
Corso Calatafimi

S.M.G. Mandamento
S. Maria di Gesu
Villagrazia

Brancaccio Mandamento
Brancaccio
Roccela
Ciaculli
Corso de Mille
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Thanks to Rick for locating the above to me. This was done years ago and if new info has come out or I am mistaken on the above, do let me know.

In 1910, following the death of Giuseppe Biondo, the Piana Dei Colli Group was split up into the San Lorenzo and the Pallavicino Groups. Since 1957, the Groups of San Lorenzo, Pallavicino, Tommaso Natale, Partanna Mondello and Sferracavallo have operated as the San Lorenzo Mandamento.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

I started this a long time ago, just messing around but..

1) The 1898 Palermo structure (Please don't share this off of this board):

2 Group Locations:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 75395&z=12

3 Group Member addresses (approx):
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 99992&z=13

--
Perhaps are more Palermo-focused members might notice some continuities between 1898 and today and make connections/corrections on things that I do not see.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Palermo - NY connection.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Groups cited as existing between 1938-1943

Bammino (Falde)
Boccadifalco
Cruillas
Leoni
Pallavicino
Tommaso Natale
3 additional groups in Palermo simply referred to as Group 1-3. I have all their names and could try and compare them with the San Giorgi names from 3 decades earlier.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Some interesting stuff in here about Catania and Palermo..... cant quite believe Vincenzo Santopaola killed his relative.....

Palermo-Catania, pact between bosses: season 'blessed from above'

Summits, murders and business. Who is Freddy Gallina, the mafia boss for whom the go-ahead for extradition from the United States has arrived
Sponsored Content by

by Riccardo Lo Verso

PALERMO -
End of 2017. A man walks down the street in New York. The FBI has been following him for days. A carabiniere from the investigative unit left Palermo to confirm his identity. It was the Sicilian military who first located him in Manhattan.

That man is Ferdinando Gallina, fleeing from Italy and accused of killing three people. In the States he works in a building demolition company. The arrest occurs for violation of the immigration law. Now the green light for extradition has arrived .

Who is the forty-year-old boss of Carini ? Gallina was 30 years old when in March 2008 the carabinieri found him in a villa in Villagrazia di Carini. He had spent a few months on the run there. The young boss had gone into hiding immediately after the arrest of his bosses, Salvatore and Sandro Lo Piccolo, stranded in Gardinello on November 5, 2007 .

Read related news

• Hen and the secrets of the mafia - First yes to extradition of the boss

When the carabinieri broke into the house in via Oceania, Gallina was sleeping in the room with the children of the couple who gave him hospitality. He told the military that it had nothing to do with the allegations. He even referred to the movie he had seen the night before: "Code: Swordfish," a story of spies and computer theft in which nothing is as it seems. As if to say, Gallina looked like a mobster but he wasn't.

And instead it was, and how. Scion of the mafia, Freddy followed the example of his father Salvatore who for years was the head of the Carini mafia family. Then he acquired the kinship with his brother-in-law, Giovanni Battista Giacalone, who until 2008 was co-ruler of the San Lorenzo family with Massimo Giuseppe Troia.

The young Gallina had been talked about for years now. In July 2003, two mafiosi brought him up when it was necessary to establish peace with the boss Antonino Di Maggio. A peace arranged " from above", that is, by Bernardo Provenzano.

Then came the pizzini of Salvatore and Sandro Lo Piccolo, in which the name Freddy used often. The bosses of San Lorenzo entrusted him with the most delicate extortions. And in the meantime Gallina climbed the positions of power. When Franco Franzese, “Franco di Partanna” , a loyal loyalist of the Lo Piccolo family, repented , it was clear that an earthquake was about to happen in the district. It really was.

Franzese told that there was also Gallina at a very delicate mafia summit in the presence of the Palermo bosses of Cruillas, Malaspina, San Lorenzo, Carini Partanna Mondello and Brancaccio, but also three from Catania, including the nephew of Nitto Santapaola, two of whom would be then they were killed in Ramacca.

It was the occasion to ratify the iron pact , based on business, between Lo Piccolo and Santapaola. Waste, large-scale distribution, betting agencies: money in spades, in short. Angelo Santapaola, cousin and heir of Nitto Santapaola, and his trusted right-hand man Nicola Sedici arrived in an ambulance at the summit .

Gaspare Pulizzi, another repentant big shot, said that the people of Catania had brought a Kalashnikov as a gift for Sandro Lo Piccolo . Franzese added that the highest honors were reserved for Angelo Santapaola. They allowed him to sit at the head of the table: “He didn't want to, but Salvatore Lo Piccolo told him that it was right because at that moment he represented all of Catania and had to be represented with the honors of this one”.

The people of Catania were ready to return their hospitality. In that meeting Santapaola made luxurious villas available for future meetings. They didn't have time to organize them.

Ten months later, on September 26, 2007, the bodies of Santapaola and Sedici were found charred in a former slaughterhouse in the Catania hinterland. A double murder for which the boss Vincenzo Aiello was sentenced to life imprisonment.

Last year the crime was also challenged Vincenzo Salvatore Santapaola , Orazio Magrì Natale Ivan Filloramo. Vincenzo Salvatore, son of Nitto, at that time at the head of the mafia family, was worried about the cumbersome presence of Angelo Santapaola.

The arrest of Salvatore Lo Piccolo in Giardinello
He did not like his autonomy and above all his direct and privileged relations with the Cosa Nostra of Palermo , sanctioned in that meeting with the Lo Piccolo family. Lo Piccolo who already had a plan in mind to avenge his Catania friends. A month and a half later they arrested him in Giardinello.

Gallina was an authoritative protagonist of that season. It was the season in which the Lo Piccolo family had in mind, and had almost succeeded, to control the entire mafia in Palermo and its province. Suffice it to say that Gallian was driving Franco Luppino, Matteo Messina Denaro's man, to a meeting with Lo Piccolo on the day of his arrest. They were in the car, a Fiat Panda, which suddenly reversed when they noticed that the police helicopters were in the sky.

The Baron of San Lorenzo had given the green light to the return of the Inzerillo and Gambini, 'escaped' from the mafia war of the Eighties, wanted by the Corleonesi. A season of which there are still many obscure points. Certainly another Lo Piccolo, Calogero, son of Salvatore and brother of Sandro, before they arrested him, took part in the new dome of the Cosa Nostra in Palermo in May 2018.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:42 am
They weren't Palermo province bosses. We could add Vito Cascio Ferro of Bisaquino though.
What boss or family was documented pefore 1898? Do you have the specifics of Giammona and others of the 1860's and 70's?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Chris Christie wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:16 pm
They weren't Palermo province bosses. We could add Vito Cascio Ferro of Bisaquino though.
What boss or family was documented pefore 1898? Do you have the specifics of Giammona and others of the 1860's and 70's?
They're discussed in John Dickie's book as well Salvatore Lupo, James Fentress, and Henner Hess. There's also the case of the Fratelli Amoroso from 1883 (https://core.ac.uk/display/62628752). http://www.centroimpastato.com/17904/. Mike Dash and Michele Paternostro cover early Corleone. http://www.liberanet.org/wp-content/upl ... Flavia.pdf
cobra
Straightened out

Post by cobra »

-good chart but very difficult to make, good luck.
-pennino gioacchino boss brancaccio family in 50s-60s
-lo piccolo salvatore - boss tommaso natale not san lorenzo
-gambino giuseppe giacomo boss san lorenzo 1970s-1980s
-biondino salvatore acting boss san lorenzo after gambino arrested
-boss san lorenzo in 1970s giacalone filippo
-palermo centro family dissolved 1963 - 1975
-aglieri pietro boss guadagna family
-greco carlo boss santa maria di gesù in the same time
-aglieri and greco co-bosses santa maria di gesù mandamento after 1988
-greco giuseppe aka pino, pinucetto, scarpuzzeda boss ciaculli 1982 - 1985
-puccio vincenzo underboss, prestifilippo mario consigliere
-after pinucetto murder there is no official boss - vincenzo puccio acting boss until 1989
-many listed never boss only acting
-cancemi salvatore acting, provenzano bernardo acting
-of course no difference because acting never ask permission from boss
-bagarella never boss
-kalsa family created after 2008
-zen family created after 2008
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Antiliar wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:16 am
Chris Christie wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:16 pm
They're discussed in John Dickie's book as well Salvatore Lupo, James Fentress, and Henner Hess. There's also the case of the Fratelli Amoroso from 1883 (https://core.ac.uk/display/62628752). http://www.centroimpastato.com/17904/. Mike Dash and Michele Paternostro cover early Corleone. http://www.liberanet.org/wp-content/upl ... Flavia.pdf
I know but figured you had the cliffnotes. For instance Giammona was listed as boss of Uditore in the 1870's and then Passo Di Rigano in the 1890's (a rival of his was listed as leading Uditore).

Regarding earlier forms of the mandamento in the San Giorgi, I viewed Giammona-Bonura-Biondo as allies in a dispute against Francesco Siina, never viewed it as an earlier Mandamento. Not saying it's not, just it should be discussed. Bonura was listed, by Siino, as Giammona's Underboss of Passo but his own Boss (with an under) in Perpignano. And to my knowledge Perpignano as a Family doesn't exist or at least hasn't been named. Biondo was the boss of San Lorenzo (Piana dei Colli pre 1910). I believe San Lorenzo and PassodR (with Uditore as a component) are their own mandamenti today.

First thing we should do is try and ascertain how early we can trace back each family, the bosses will be spotty but as we know Families aren't created or destroyed easily. I was under the belief that the Families listed in the Sangiorgi was all there was in Palermo, you found evidence of there being more. I'd like to go back to what made me think this, for my own learning, if I'm wrong I'll admit it, I may have corrupted a few people into that belief and I'll need to update them.

Anyway, sent you an email regarding a book where I got the Grillo/Palermo splitups from, I need to go over that with a fresh set of eyes...