Giardinieri and stoppaglieri

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

scagghiuni
Full Patched

Re: Giardinieri and stoppaglieri

Post by scagghiuni »

Chris Christie wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:09 pm I made these, they're by no means complete.

it missed cusimano (piana dei colli), licata (resuttana), siino (malaspina), giammona (uditore)
in 1838 a document talked about criminal sects based in several towns in the province of trapani, i think it was probably the mafia
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

B. wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:43 pm - With the Fratellanza in Favara, they discovered written rules and protocol and it was identical to what had come out of an investigation into the Passo di Rigano family ten years earlier in the 1870s. They had all of the same rules, protocol, and even the introduction protocol was the same (back then you didn't need a third party, but could mention a "toothache" to another member and through a series of strange questions/answers determine membership). All of it was identical in both Palermo and Agrigento by the early 1880s.
according to the prosecutor morena (john dickie's book) the toothache introduction was by far older and it started in the prison of milazzo long before, but he was suspected of mafia links so i don't know how valid is what he said
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

scagghiuni wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:51 am
Chris Christie wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:09 pm I made these, they're by no means complete.

it missed cusimano (piana dei colli), licata (resuttana), siino (malaspina), giammona (uditore)
in 1838 a document talked about criminal sects based in several towns in the province of trapani, i think it was probably the mafia
Really great chart. Genealogist Justin Cascio also made an educated guess on his site; the year it started was 1838 due to Luca Patti leading a cattle rustling ring. In his book he says the first mafia cosche was formed during the years of feudalism's end from 1812-1831 within the areas of Palermo, Agrigento, Caltanissetta & Saraceni territory of the 11th century. Crazy to think this thing is likely around 200 yrs old.
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

For this timeframe, I'd lean more towards the early 1800's rather than the mid 1820's