NY Mob and the 1980s Miami?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: NY Mob and the 1980s Miami?

Post by Wiseguy »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:56 am
This excerpt from BloodBrotherhoods.........

The Sicilians made a huge move into cocaine, Riina I believe developed a direct relationship with Escobar. What's interesting here is how he says the Sicilians cut the American Cosa Nostra out. They actually kinda botched the whole thing, cutting the Americans in would have saved the connections for em.

The point people for all this in the states were all the same familiar names we know now.. Gambino, Spatola, Manninos, Caruana- Cuntreras........

[/https://books.google.com/books?id=4doiB ... ke&f=false
We were talking about the American LCN. Not the Sicilians.
All roads lead to New York.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

bert wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:55 am Joe Pistone was down there in the 1980's while undercover, and ran a club for Sonny Black with some other undercover agents. What did they get information wise on Miami?
They weren't in Miami. They were north of Tampa, in Pasco County
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

sdeitche wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:59 pm
bert wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:55 am Joe Pistone was down there in the 1980's while undercover, and ran a club for Sonny Black with some other undercover agents. What did they get information wise on Miami?
My mistake, thanks.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

bert wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:41 pm
sdeitche wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:59 pm
My mistake, thanks.
On the movie, they set the FLorida scenes in Miami.
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:45 am
Villain wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:39 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:27 am
Villain wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:56 am Im not sure but i think that the US mob was able to grow opium fields near the border in Mexico (there are reports from the 1940s) but growing coca leaves in that same area back in the days was a difficult thing. So by the late 70s the Colombians were already big while in Mexico the first big time coca plantations began during the early 2000s i think
There are reports that Tommy Luchesse was running a heroin refinery, the poppy came from Mexico....

I think it says this in Strength of the Wolf... when I can I'll post the excerpt... this was in the 40s....
Yeah i read that book and i think you was the one who recomended it to me and confirmed many situations, so thanks.

The thing is that I was aware about the Mexico opium situation before that, or since i first read the testimony of one Outfit associate and informant known as Paul Roland Jones who stated that during the 40s many of their high level Jewish associates oversaw unknown number of opium fields in Mexico, near the US border i think. I also think that you can find those reports at the MF site
This is the one.....

“When the Aurelio “undying loyalty” scandal hit the papers, Anslinger was fully aware of Costello’s immunity through the Luciano Project, but looking to the future, he directed the FBN’s New York office to link Costello to drug smuggling through East Harlem’s 107th Street Gang. Under District Supervisor Robert W. Artiss, the New York office had been monitoring the Gang since 1939. It knew that the Gang’s narcotics manager, Joe Gagliano, organized opium smuggling from Mexico through Texas to New York, where it was processed into heroin in clandestine labs, and in 1942 the investigation resulted in the conviction of several of the Gang’s top members – excluding, however, their family boss, Thomas Luchesse...

So what do you think? Real or bullshit?
REAL.

Tommy brown was the biggest gangster in the history of new york next to joe adonis. Dont quote me.

JIGGS
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:16 am

The Sicilians made a huge move into cocaine, Riina I believe developed a direct relationship with Escobar. What's interesting here is how he says the Sicilians cut the American Cosa Nostra out. They actually kinda botched the whole thing, cutting the Americans in would have saved the connections for em.

The point people for all this in the states were all the same familiar names we know now.. Gambino, Spatola, Manninos, Caruana- Cuntreras........

My only point was that if American LCN was equal partners with the Sicilians in heroin, ( I dont really think this..) then they easily could have gone through the same channels for coke.....

They were either unwilling or unable....
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

During the 80s while the cocaine biz was thriving, the American CN had a lot of trouble with the government since they were their prime target at the time, and on top of that they were already on the downfall
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:41 pm What’s funny is one of the main characters from Cocaine Cowboys—Jon Roberts (real name Jon Riccobono) was related to Joseph Riccobono, and also had other family members that were connected with the Gambinos.

The Medellin Cartel wanted to take out Barry Seal, so they tried to get Roberts to bring in some mob guys from NY to do the hit. But given the fact that Seal was under constant police protection, it would’ve been a suicide mission, and Roberts told the Cartel that “the spaghetti boys” wouldn’t be able to do the hit. So the Cartel had to send their own guys up to do the hit, and of course they got caught.

The coke wave just happened so fast it was almost like it was too big for the mob to be able to get their arms around it. It was literally an explosion.

The United States was the only developed nation that saw a reduction in cocaine use in the 21st century, but the Feds are worried it’s about to go back up. The Colombians are producing and shipping up more coke than they ever have before.

He actually said he sold tons of coke to Jerry Chilli, and that sometimes he would arrange loads for John Gotti, Jerry Chilli I could believe, I'm not sure about Gotti.

I suppose its possible...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:41 pm What’s funny is one of the main characters from Cocaine Cowboys—Jon Roberts (real name Jon Riccobono) was related to Joseph Riccobono, and also had other family members that were connected with the Gambinos.

The Medellin Cartel wanted to take out Barry Seal, so they tried to get Roberts to bring in some mob guys from NY to do the hit. But given the fact that Seal was under constant police protection, it would’ve been a suicide mission, and Roberts told the Cartel that “the spaghetti boys” wouldn’t be able to do the hit. So the Cartel had to send their own guys up to do the hit, and of course they got caught.

The coke wave just happened so fast it was almost like it was too big for the mob to be able to get their arms around it. It was literally an explosion.

The United States was the only developed nation that saw a reduction in cocaine use in the 21st century, but the Feds are worried it’s about to go back up. The Colombians are producing and shipping up more coke than they ever have before.

“THE COLOMBIANS also couldn’t stop. Their addiction wasn’t psychological. It was economic. The more successful we were in smuggling, the less money they made per kilo. That was the twist of it. We flooded the market with so much cocaine that by 1983 the wholesale price of a kilo kept dropping. It had gone from $50,000 in the late 1970s to as low as $6,000 a kilo at one point. That meant that to make the same amount of money in 1983 as they did in 1978, the Colombians had to move almost ten times as much coke.

( It's easy to see, at this point, that a distributor with a decent hold on the street, would actually have leverage here)

By combining the efforts of Mickey, Barry Seal, Roger, and the occasional guys I had running coke in boats that came in off the Cartel’s fishing trawlers, I had months where I moved ten thousand kilos. Some months it went down to a trickle, but we always got something through.
The Cartel made life more difficult for itself in some ways by their freewheeling way of distributing coke. They’d sell to anybody. They had their own distributors around the country, and they’d take on anybody else. My distributors—Bernie in San Francisco, Ron Tobachnik in Chicago, my rednecks in Delray, my uncle Jerry Chilli on Miami Beach, Albert and Bobby Erra in Miami as well as people in L.A.—were all together moving a thousand kilos a month just for me. I’d also cut one-off deals where a guy I knew would take five hundred or a thousand kilos in one bump. Now and then, I used to do this with John Gotti in New York and other wiseguys.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:10 am
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:16 am

My only point was that if American LCN was equal partners with the Sicilians in heroin, ( I dont really think this..) then they easily could have gone through the same channels for coke.....

They were either unwilling or unable....
Again, bad comparison. We're talking about the American market. Did we see Sicilians moving cocaine into the U.S. like they did heroin for decades. No.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JIGGS wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:25 pm
Villain wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:56 am Im not sure but i think that the US mob was able to grow opium fields near the border in Mexico (there are reports from the 1940s) but growing coca leaves in that same area back in the days was a difficult thing. So by the late 70s the Colombians were already big while in Mexico the first big time coca plantations began during the early 2000s i think
There are reports that Tommy Luchesse was running a heroin refinery, the poppy came from Mexico....

I think it says this in Strength of the Wolf... when I can I'll post the excerpt... this was in the 40s....
Yeah i read that book and i think you was the one who recomended it to me and confirmed many situations, so thanks.

The thing is that I was aware about the Mexico opium situation before that, or since i first read the testimony of one Outfit associate and informant known as Paul Roland Jones who stated that during the 40s many of their high level Jewish associates oversaw unknown number of opium fields in Mexico, near the US border i think. I also think that you can find those reports at the MF site
This is the one.....

“When the Aurelio “undying loyalty” scandal hit the papers, Anslinger was fully aware of Costello’s immunity through the Luciano Project, but looking to the future, he directed the FBN’s New York office to link Costello to drug smuggling through East Harlem’s 107th Street Gang. Under District Supervisor Robert W. Artiss, the New York office had been monitoring the Gang since 1939. It knew that the Gang’s narcotics manager, Joe Gagliano, organized opium smuggling from Mexico through Texas to New York, where it was processed into heroin in clandestine labs, and in 1942 the investigation resulted in the conviction of several of the Gang’s top members – excluding, however, their family boss, Thomas Luchesse...

REAL.

Tommy brown was the biggest gangster in the history of new york next to joe adonis. Dont quote me.

JIGGS
Guys like Luciano, Costello, Genovese, and Gambino might have something to say about that
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:15 am
JIGGS wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:25 pm

This is the one.....

REAL.

JIGGS
Guys like Luciano, Costello, Genovese, and Gambino might have something to say about that
Luciano was off the street in 36 and was living off a paper bag stipend. Don vitone had to run to italy round same time came back to face the music killed the organist and walked. Was the under for years before taking over. Started comiserating with spics and got busted in 58. GAmbino was boss till the 66 made big paul the acting and went to sleep in 76. Tommy brown was the boss from jump. Doing a tony soprano before it became pop. Gambina inherited the garment racket and the fucking airport from the 3 finger. Gambini is runner up to joe a, costello and tommy brown. They had the rackets the political and the money. Tommy brown was unintrupted from day one. Never went to jail as capo of his family. He owned ny in 1950s. Had the mayor in his pocket. the restvwas being chased. Costello was dealing with legal shit and went to the can. Joey a had to skip town permanently. Only joey and the tommy lucchesse of the original baby face sallys at the top stayed out the can. Thats all Im saying.

JIGGS