Greek Mob in Philly and New York

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Re: Greek Mob in Philly and New York

Post by NJShore4Life »

There’s a popular dice game in the Greek community called Barbooth or Barbudi (something like that) that all these private clubs in Greek neighborhoods offer to the local Greek community. I am not too familiar with it as I am not Greek or hang out in Greek neighborhoods. Some are run or connected to LCN. I wish I knew how to play it, I am always looking for new vices...
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

https://wizardofodds.com/games/barbut/

With a house advantage of a full 5 pct either way, I'd keep away from it, unless I was bankrolling it.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Bruno187 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:35 am
bluehouse wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:26 pm the Rudaj organization had more Greeks in it than Albanians so im thinking that was the new generation of greeks in oc.I think they called it the Rudaj because it fit the media narrative of Albanians being the new breed in NY crime even though Coletti an Italian was the real leader.John Alite said he is friends with Spiro Valentzas son and he is going to bring him on the podcast,so hopefully he does it will be interesting to see a different ethnic crime gang talking about their experiences
That's not the case at all. Rudaj's guys were all Montenegrin, Albanian, Yugoslav....whatever they happen to be calling themselves that week. They shook down Greek clubs in Queens, and even Italian ones in the Bronx.
It would of been the greek guys in that gang who were shaking down greek gambling clubs.Its very hard to go into a differant ethnic neighborhood and start extorting people.Even if a certain ethnic group doesnt have protection and its a mom and pop operation all they have to do is shut down that specicfic gambling adress and open up somewhere else.If the outsiders dont have an incide person in a specific neighborhood you cant shake anyone down because how will you know whats going on?With the italians it would of been colletti who was going into the Italian clubs shaking people down
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

No. They went truly as a "mob"...no pun intended. The only Italians involved in the thing of any consequence were DePietro and Collotti. There were no Greeks involved. Albanians, Yugos, Montenegrins, Kosovars. I am from Arthur Avenue and 187th Street and was around there/in the mix when this was going down. With all due respect, you're wrong.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:27 pm
Rat wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:20 pm It looks like White Bulger was killed by a Greek mob associate Fotios "Freddy" Geas.
He was a Genovese associate. He was part of their Springfield branch.
He meant that Geas himself is Greek not that he's an associate of the 'Greek mob', although I'm pretty sure we all read it the same way as you did the first time.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Bruno187 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:48 am No. They went truly as a "mob"...no pun intended. The only Italians involved in the thing of any consequence were DePietro and Collotti. There were no Greeks involved. Albanians, Yugos, Montenegrins, Kosovars. I am from Arthur Avenue and 187th Street and was around there/in the mix when this was going down. With all due respect, you're wrong.
Nardino Colotti (Leonardo, Lenny), age 42, lives in Bronx, NY - Italian with ties to the late Gambino soldier Skinny Phil Loscalzo
Anthony DiPietro (Ant)
Prenka Ivezaj (Frankie, Big Frank), 39, lives in Queens, New York.
Ioannis "John" Karagiannis
Lefteris Katsigiannis
Spiros Karagiannis
Gregory Kommatas
Gjelosh "Joey" Lelcaj, 30, lives in Bronx, New York.
Nikolaos Michalopoulos (Kefala)
Ljusa "Louie" Nuculovic, 46, lives in Hopewell Junction, New York.
Nikola "Nicky" Nuculovic
Paul "Paulie" Nuculovic
Petros Pantazis
Miri Patani (Saverio Valente)
Kostas Panzialis
Sheikh Abdul Shakoor (Shaku)

Lefteris Katsigiannis Spiros Karagiannis Gregory Kommatas Nikolaos Michalopoulos (Kefala) Petros Pantazis Kostas Panzialis these are greek names so hoe can you say theres no greeks With all due respect
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

This is who was charged in the 2004 bust -

Alex Rudaj
Nardino Colotti (Leonardo, Lenny)
Nikola Dedaj
Angelo DiPietro (Fat Angelo)
Angelo Capalbo
Michael Pizzuti
Nicola Murdocca (Nick)
Joseph Genua
Harold Bringman
Joseph Bongiovanni (Joe Bong)
Paul Avitable (Shad the Rooster)
Anthony DiPietro (Ant)
Prenka Ivezaj (Frankie, Big Frank)
Lefteris Katsigiannis
Spiros Karagiannis
Gregory Kommatas
Gjelosh "Joey" Lelcaj
Ljusa "Louie" Nuculovic
Nikola "Nicky" Nuculovic
Paul "Paulie" Nuculovic
Petros Pantazis
Kostas Panzialis
All roads lead to New York.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Then of course you had fairly significant Greek gangsters involved in Boston, L.A. and other places as well over the years. Some in Barboza's crew.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

I didn't say there were no Greeks in the indictment. These Greeks were from Astoria and named as part of the gambling indictment involving the Queens clubs that Rudaj/Collotti took over. They were in no way involved in the administration or running of this group and was based in the Bronx and Westchester.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Barbut.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Greeks went legit and opened diners ! lol There were some Greek diner owners that were on the hook a NJ Genovese crew a few yrs back. I think it was the old man in seaside parks Hoboken crew if I am not mistaken.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Little Larry Dentico lives in Seaside Park , house is in his sons name. Little Larry has gotta be close to 100 if he’s even still alive at this point. I have been hitting the beach in Seaside Park a lot this summer.

Yeah the Greeks own every single diner here in Jersey. I always wondered how that happened?
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Dentico is 96. He'll be 97 later this month.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Louis "The Greek" Psoinos was a longtime Trafficante associate: https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituar ... os-5212257
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

bluehouse wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:18 pm
Bruno187 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:48 am No. They went truly as a "mob"...no pun intended. The only Italians involved in the thing of any consequence were DePietro and Collotti. There were no Greeks involved. Albanians, Yugos, Montenegrins, Kosovars. I am from Arthur Avenue and 187th Street and was around there/in the mix when this was going down. With all due respect, you're wrong.
Nardino Colotti (Leonardo, Lenny), age 42, lives in Bronx, NY - Italian with ties to the late Gambino soldier Skinny Phil Loscalzo
Anthony DiPietro (Ant)
Prenka Ivezaj (Frankie, Big Frank), 39, lives in Queens, New York.
Lefteris Katsigiannis
Spiros Karagiannis
Gregory Kommatas
Gjelosh "Joey" Lelcaj, 30, lives in Bronx, New York.
Ljusa "Louie" Nuculovic, 46, lives in Hopewell Junction, New York.
Nikola "Nicky" Nuculovic
Paul "Paulie" Nuculovic
Petros Pantazis
Kostas Panzialis

Lefteris Katsigiannis Spiros Karagiannis Gregory Kommatas Nikolaos Michalopoulos (Kefala) Petros Pantazis Kostas Panzialis these are greek names so hoe can you say theres no greeks With all due respect
despite newspapers called it albanian mob it was basically a multietnich gang with some albanian member, typical cherrypicked articles