New Technologies that spell the end of O.C.

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Re: New Technologies that spell the end of O.C.

Post by Hired_Goonz »

First these technologies spell the end of OC, but it eventually it will mean the end of free society as we know it. We're already living in a dystopia and it's only gonna get more fucked up in the coming years.
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:33 am First these technologies spell the end of OC, but it eventually it will mean the end of free society as we know it. We're already living in a dystopia and it's only gonna get more fucked up in the coming years.
amen

oc will do better because everything is changing, the real people will move to the same places, like when they moved the usa or were born here and saw all the bullshit and then they will meet up aka move to certain parts of the usa
and then maybe leave this country united as people not from their place of birth but just as a band of people that want to live free is not the right word but I think we want to live as a community you can trust, let the kids out without supervision, if you catch my kid doing something bad, fuck him up. Bad meaning bad not breaking a stupid rule.

it's going worse for the nice normal people, they are fucked
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

what is dystopia
I looked it up but the definition doesn't really make sense in this context to me.
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

When I posted the 3d house
I was thinking how many construction workers will get laid off?
How many people will cash in on this because they have the most cash?
When will the gov take it over?

I bet they the gov, build housing for the homeless with this at some point down the road and it makes everything even worse because no one is making money for doing the work

man i think i'm nuts
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

West Coast1 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:47 pm what is dystopia
I looked it up but the definition doesn't really make sense in this context to me.
Kinda the opposite of a perfect world, Utopia..

Any Sci-Fi you've seen where the future is all fucked up and miserable, that's Dystopian shit....
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Think 1984/Brave New World. We quite literally already have a Big Brother type of surveillance system that observes us in our own homes and tracks where we go and what we do, although rather than being run by the state it's run by multinational corporations. With that being said though the lines are kind of blurry sometimes where the corportocracy ends and the government begins. The elites are getting richer and more powerful, the middle class is evaporating, the poor are getting poorer. People are becoming more polarized and radicalized and encouraged to rat out their family members and friends. This doesn't end well. I'm sorry if this is a bit much for a mafia forum and I don't mean to derail the thread lol but this is what I think is happening and this thread about the near-total surveillance of the streets made me think of it.
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:11 am
Think 1984/Brave New World. We quite literally already have a Big Brother type of surveillance system that observes us in our own homes and tracks where we go and what we do, although rather than being run by the state it's run by multinational corporations. With that being said though the lines are kind of blurry sometimes where the corportocracy ends and the government begins. The elites are getting richer and more powerful, the middle class is evaporating, the poor are getting poorer. People are becoming more polarized and radicalized and encouraged to rat out their family members and friends. This doesn't end well. I'm sorry if this is a bit much for a mafia forum and I don't mean to derail the thread lol but this is what I think is happening and this thread about the near-total surveillance of the streets made me think of it.
yeah thats the shit ive been saying thanks I just didn't know the word
i wasn't agaisnt it all in the beginning but now it's affecting good people

I remeber it being sold when I was a kid that more survailance was a good thing as long as you arent a bad guy.

now look where we are. I don;t lock my house or my car... if today is my day, then its my day fuck everything else
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:41 pm
Kinda the opposite of a perfect world, Utopia..

Any Sci-Fi you've seen where the future is all fucked up and miserable, that's Dystopian shit....
you just spoke my cheating in school mind, cliff notes

thank you sir