Some DeCavalcante Family Info (1980s-1990s)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tag
Straightened out

Re: Some DeCavalcante Family Info (1980s-1990s)

Post by Tag »

Dwalin2014 wrote:Tag, does your account have a PM option? I wanted to ask about that documentary.
I'll enable my PM's for you Dwalin. I've been waiting for you to get back to me to give me instructions on how to send it to you. :)
"Trent' anni di mafia", it's called, correct?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

felice wrote:great info JD, thanks for sharing that.

about paparatto, since it was me who exposed him as acting boss of the decavalcante family I must say and I always said that it was coming from a tape between gennaro sortino and his son emanul and it took place in italy. sortino was just coming back from the usa, he lived in new jersey for more than 20 years and he was officialy recognized as made man although he was made in ribera.

sortino say to his son:

E A chi ci devi mandare --- who's gonna go there?
G A PAPARATTA
E E PAPARATTA che ha da fare? --- what paparatta has to do?
G Tutte cose ha da fare --- he has to do everything
E Ma che è messo in mezzo pure? --- is he involved?
G Ma di più di in mezzo . . . tutte cose lui comanda --- more than involved, he heads everything
E Come comanda lui tutte le cose? --- how does he head everything?
G Ah come comanda lui .. . --- ah how he heads (like repeating his son's sentence)
E Ma se lui non è fatto la .. come fa? . . . io (bestemmia) non ne capisco niente più --- but he's not even made there, how can he?... I (blasphemy) don't understand anything more
The DeCavalcante information you shared a number of years ago was incredible, and this is just one of many interesting things you shared.

Do you know if Frank Polizzi was made in Sicily and joined the DeCavalcantes because they were the only US organization who would formally recognize him? He was much more independent than many of the DeCavalcante members and I never understood how he got hooked up with them.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Also, speaking of Paparatto, did anyone ever see this from 2010?

Alleged sexual contact

On Sept. 21, police issued a summonses to Francesco Paparatto, 70, of Cranford, for criminal sexual contact of the fourth degree for allegedly touching a victim inappropriately. The victim reported to police that her boss at the construction firm where she's employed was too close while explaining her duties to her. She claimed to have been offered alcohol, which she refused, and that her boss grabbed her buttocks and kissed her, and she refused his advances. Police confirmed the full name of the supervisor, whom the victim could not provide, and that she was an employee. The accused claimed he only kissed her on the forehead and it was a friendly gesture.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

B. wrote:The DeCavalcante information you shared a number of years ago was incredible, and this is just one of many interesting things you shared.

Indeed. Felice is a wealth of information. I actually saved that post of his from several years back. Here it is for everyone to enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is an Italian indictment from last summer against the Ribera Family.

All the info were from a microphone placed in Emanuel Sortino's car and testimonies of Rotondo and Scarabino to Italian authorities.

Scarabino flipped because he didn't accept to kill 2 women and six children, relatives of turncoat Rotondo said the Gambino family take away his club for men. He doesn't want jail life because he has a wonderful wife and three children.

The DeCavalcante Family recognizes Sicilian made me. In New York you are only seen as an Associate if you weren’t made in America. Rotondo: 3/4 of DeCavalcante family members born in Sicily, most of them are from Ribera and near villages. You have also a lot of people from Corleone.

Funzi Tieri ordered to the DeCavalcante to make the Sicilian Mafiosi so also NY could talke to them. Gennaro Sortino never got made in America but he answered directly to the DeCavalcante Administration.

Genovese and the DeCavalcante do heroin trafficking because they’ve power over the waterfronts. The DeCavalcante family was tied to the Cotroni in Canada.

Giuseppe Colletti's (b.1930) two sons are made men of the DeCavalcante family. Joseph Colletti's cousin are part of Ribera Family.

According to Rotondo, Joe Giacobbe and Joseph Sclafani have relatives in the Ribera Family. Leonardo Giacobbe and his father Emanuele were Ribera Family Soldiers. Joseph Giacobbe's father was a DeCavalcante Family Capodecina.

Gioacchino “Jake” Amari (b.1945) - He was born in Ribera and escaped from Italy after he killed a cop in Corleone. He was in continuous contact with Salvatore “Totò” Riina. He went to Sicily to die here. He was replaced by Sam DeCavalcante.

Francesco Guarraci – Was Amari's man. Francesco Gatto was in Amari's crew.

A guy surnamed Giuliano was a DeCavalcante Family made man. He went to Ribera and was accepted by the local Cosca under the suggestion of Riggi.

Giuseppe “Pino” Schifilliti - Was on the run and he was arrested in Milan.

Girolamo Palermo (b.1938) - Was the family Acting Boss. His son was shot and so dismissed himself. According to Sortino, he was a tough one. He was born in Ribera with his brother Simone (b.1933)

Salvatore Timpani was born in Messina and used to import some zips from there.

Frank Polizzi was paralyzed and Scarabino acted for him. There were several meetings about the heroin trafficking in Florida at Polizzi's home. Among those present were: Steve Raffa who had some Sicilian men under him, Francesco Guarraci and Joe De Santis. Sicilian drug traffickers entered in America disguised as priests.

Rotondo's father was going to become the family Consigliere before he was killed.

Vito Montemarano is Anthony Rotondo's uncle and a family Associate.

Charles Majuri is from Corleone and keeps ties there, according to Rotondo a lot of DeCavalcante Soldiers are from Corleone and they answered to Majuri.

Jake Miceli - DeCavalcante Associate. His cousin Alfonso is a Ribera Family Soldier.

Nick Cottone - DeCavalcante Family Soldier.

Gaetano Alessi - DeCavalcante Family Soldier.

Jerry aka Dracula is a DeCavalcante Family Soldier. His brothers are members of the Falcone Family in Canada.

Filippo Bacino (b.1902) - Was an early Family Boss along with Amari. His brother Luciano was a Ribera Family Member.

Francesco Paparatto - Was made Acting Boss along with Manny Riggi by John Riggi in about 2001.

Sicilian Mafiosi are often present in New Jersey: Scarabino said Polizzi gave him false names for everyone who was from Sicily, Scarabino identified some photos.

Giuseppe Capizzi (b.1969) - From Ribera.

Giuseppe Terrasi (b.1961) - From Ribera. Known to Scarabino as Lenny.

Nicolò Amari (b.1954, from Ribera) - He apparently answered to Steve Raffa. He was with another man undefined who according to Polizzi had the heroin importation exclusive in Canada.

Paolo Capizzi (b.1968) Son of Ribera Family Boss Simone Capizzi

Paolo Farina (b.1926) - From Caltabellotta near Ribera. Later a Capo in the DeCavalcante Family. He was a drug trafficker. He actually resides in Florida, now deceased.

Giovanni Derelitto (b.1950) a money launderer, member of Burgio family in Sicily. Burgio is near Ribera and is capomandamento which the Ribera Family reports to.

Francesco Gatto (b.1941) - Made Member of the DeCavalcante Family. He works at the Ribera social club along with Francesco Guarraci. He goes to Italy every summer and has been living in Jersey since the 60s

Gennaro Sortino (b.1920) – Capo in the Ribera Family. He lived in Elizabeth for dozens of years. He is Giuseppe Colletti's (b.1930) brother in law.

Emanuel Sortino (b.1955) son of Gennaro, living in Italy from 1999. He worked in labor in Elizabeth and had a market with his father.

Ignazio Massimino - Linked to Salvatore Timpani. He was arrested last summer. He's a member of the Agrigento Family.

I can't understand some tapes, talking of Riggi, the Sortinos make reference of a Peppe Lo Raso, John Belluri, John Bonara, Peppino Dato.

John Riggi Jr. divorced from his wife and is not good to the Sicilian eyes, Michele Merlo seems to be Riggi son in law, another Riggi son in law seems to be John Belluri

According to Rotondo, Charlie Stango's cousin was going to get made in 1999.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

thank you guys!
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

So, the DeCavs made guys from Sicily/Italy that were already made across the pond just because New York wouldn't talk to them otherwise?
Tag
Straightened out

Post by Tag »

Snakes wrote:So, the DeCavs made guys from Sicily/Italy that were already made across the pond just because New York wouldn't talk to them otherwise?
No, they recognized them as "u stesso cosa" meaning "the same thing" as them, but not made again.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

That's also what I thought. I just found this part of Pogo's quote of Felice interesting:
The DeCavalcante Family recognizes Sicilian made me. In New York you are only seen as an Associate if you weren’t made in America. Rotondo: 3/4 of DeCavalcante family members born in Sicily, most of them are from Ribera and near villages. You have also a lot of people from Corleone.

Funzi Tieri ordered to the DeCavalcante to make the Sicilian Mafiosi so also NY could talke to them.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Interesting that the Majuri's were from Corleone I wonder if this is why they were with Newark faction and not with the Peterstown/ribera faction. Can we trace any Newark based guys from long ago from Corleone guys that ended up with the Genovese, Philly Newark crew or Gambino guys?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Rocco wrote:Interesting that the Majuri's were from Corleone I wonder if this is why they were with Newark faction and not with the Peterstown/ribera faction. Can we trace any Newark based guys from long ago from Corleone guys that ended up with the Genovese, Philly Newark crew or Gambino guys?
I've already done it twice on this topic and in the past on the RD, but I can tell you the Majuris were not part of any "Newark faction". They have as deep of history in Elizabeth/Union county as anyone else in the organization. Now write it 100 times on the blackboard.

I have a lot of questions about the Corleone faction since Frank Majuri is the only member I've been able to find who has Corleone heritage, and even he is second generation. Like I said earlier, I suspect there may be ties to the Morello and/or Gagliano organizations since the Majuris/Maiuris were in NYC in those days and Frank later used Gagliano as an alias. Frank continued to have contact with high-ranking members of all NYC families, but that's because he was the underboss not because of any known personal connections, though those are bound to exist.

The "Peppe Lo Raso" Felice mentioned must be a relative of Louis LaRasso, as his family was originally called LoRaso. Doing research, I found that the Cocchiaro/Cocchiara and LoRaso families were related back in Ribera, but I imagine the farther back you go, you'll find endless family connections between future DeCavalcante member surnames.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Speaking of the Ribera mafia, does anyone know when did Simone Capizzi become boss (I mean the one who ordered the carabiniere Giuliano Guazzelli's murder in the 90s)? I read in Franco Castaldo's book "La mafia, la stidda" that the Capizzi boss before Simone was somebody named Calogero, who, after being deposed, started secretly informing the police and then disappeared (maybe killed). Carmelo Colletti was boss in Ribera until being whacked in 1983, and what is the sequence of bosses after him? And what was Gennaro Sortino's position, was he ever boss, or was he a capo-decina or a soldier?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Other random DeCavalcante related:

- The reason Frank Majuri was demoted as underboss and replaced by Louis LaRasso was because he had borrowed too much money from people (and I assume didn't pay it back). He would get the position back of course, but not until Sam DeCavalcante replaced LaRasso as underboss and then became boss.

- Majuri was involved in bootlegging operations in New Haven, Westport, and Hartford, Connecticut in the 1930's, for which he was arrested. This may indicate that the DeCavalcante's CT ties go back until at least that time.

- One informant from Peterstown claimed that his father, who was prominent in the building industry, was given the opportunity to join the mob (probably the Elizabeth family) in 1928 but turned it down. This same informant claims that Phil Amari came to Elizabeth from New York in the 1920's and after that a number of other Ribera natives followed him there from New York. This may tell us something about how the family came to be, at least in NJ.

- Another informant claimed that by the mid-1960's, Charlie Majuri was muscling bookmakers and already making a reputation for himself for being mean and apparently capable of murder.

- The Cocchiaros who are believed to have been members are Frank, Joseph, Rosario "Russell", and Carmelo "Charles". There was also an older Rosario Cocchiaro who I suspect may have been a member, possibly Frank's father (?). They are descended from Ribera.

- Possible CT member was Pellegrino "William" DiZenzo.

- According to a wiretapped conversation between Si Rega and Carl Silesia, Francesco DeCavalcante had been a caporegime.

- Nick DelMore was very close to Vito Genovese and was suspected of killing a prohibition agent in 1930. Sam DeCavalcante, his nephew and underboss, first took over as acting boss when DelMore had a heart attack before taking over the official spot when DelMore died, which the Commission had to approve.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

John Riggi photo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

A couple more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

I'm full of decavalcante members photos I have not been ever able to identify. I took them from a documentary called the real sopranos. You can even get it on youtube.

maybe JD can help us