'Skinny Joey,' reputed mob boss who moved to Boca, is facing January trial

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Re: 'Skinny Joey,' reputed mob boss who moved to Boca, is facing January trial

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Luchese - no.
Trafficante was under indictment and died before being (probably) found guilty.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Kash wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:10 am
gohnjotti wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:08 pm
Kash wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:05 pm
bronx wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:36 pm your right any rico case is a potential 20 year hit..that is why many plea out,
I thought this was an enterprise corruption case, not rico. I was under the impression he can’t plea because that could be used as a predicate in a future Rico Case.
It is a RICO case, not enterprise corruption.
When did it change? It was widely reported early on it was an “East Coast LCN” enterprise corruption case with the most serious charge of conspiracy to commit racketeering.
Conspiracy to commit racketeering is a rico case. If he was to plead he would be open for another rico indictment charging a different enterprise such as the philly lcn
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

The Cat wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:20 pm There is no record of him owning businesses other then that restaurant he just had . I don't believe it was even in his name . How can he get away with living the way he does without claiming taxes. The attorneys he used and still uses must be very expensive along with his vehicles and life in Florida must cost . The internal revenue service must not be doing there job .
The vehicles are not his. The home in Boca was not his (it belonged to a guy who owned a carpet installing company). A few wealthy guys who enjoy hanging out with a "mob boss" nothing more, nothing less.
Last edited by JCB1977 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Cat has a point. The attorneys are getting paid. Where's that money coming from?
Living in someones house or driving their car is one thing, but forking out $250k cash for a trial, where's the audit on those dollars?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:59 pm Cat has a point. The attorneys are getting paid. Where's that money coming from?
Living in someones house or driving their car is one thing, but forking out $250k cash for a trial, where's the audit on those dollars?
Can't say for sure but common sense tells me whatever his kick is from the guys is going straight to the lawyer. I'd bet everything I own that Joey Merlino doesn't financially plan or put money away "in case" of legal fees. Where did you get the $250 k figure? I've heard RICO trials are closer to $750k
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
The Cat
On Record

Post by The Cat »

I keep think they are going about it wrong . They want him behind bars and they keep trying to get him childhood friends to flip when all they have to do is follow his money. Don't think he or him family has ever had money on the books other then his brother in law , maybe that's it the Federal government just thinks that his brother-in-law will say he been giving the cash. But the guy does live highlife.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

JCB1977 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:17 pmWhere did you get the $250 k figure? I've heard RICO trials are closer to $750k
Arbitrary, conservative, large number. You’re probably closer to the truth.

Makes my point more relevant though. Where’s the ‘please explain’ by the IRS on that figure?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

You can't follow the money into the lawyer's office. That's for starters. Off limits to question how much lawyer gets paid and who is paying unless they are asking for a court appointed lawyer. Joey has always reported a large amount of income through his wife's work. She makes 200-250K and Joey makes whatever he can as a restaurant host, gambler and carpet salesman. Nothing to see here. Just a good family making the best of tough times since his restaurant closed.....
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

dack2001 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:35 pm You can't follow the money into the lawyer's office. That's for starters. Off limits to question how much lawyer gets paid and who is paying unless they are asking for a court appointed lawyer. Joey has always reported a large amount of income through his wife's work. She makes 200-250K and Joey makes whatever he can as a restaurant host, gambler and carpet salesman. Nothing to see here. Just a good family making the best of tough times since his restaurant closed.....
:lol: +1
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Attaboi 1
Straightened out

Post by Attaboi 1 »

Rico trials mean big bucks. It can range very well from 250 to 750. There is no set price, depends on length of trial and about a thousand other factors.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Attaboi 1 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:45 pm Rico trials mean big bucks. It can range very well from 250 to 750. There is no set price, depends on length of trial and about a thousand other factors.
I believe jr gotti said something like a million for one of his trials. Sure the other ones were similar
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Attaboi 1
Straightened out

Post by Attaboi 1 »

Yeah, that’s junior, you picked a definite example of the high end
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

I'm sure Jacobs is high end, maybe a smidge less than Shargel and company but still high end. My guess is a flat fee ranging anywhere from 500k-1 mil plus expenses. The question is whether the other lawyer gets paid out of that or if that also extra.
Attaboi 1
Straightened out

Post by Attaboi 1 »

Yeah he’s a high dolla ho
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

He also hired jr Gotti's old defense attorney as co-counsel. However the trial is going to be a short one.
The way you talk, you just confuse him.