Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by furiofromnaples »

Dwalin2014 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:42 pm Is it the 3rd ceremony ever taped? After the Patriarca family one under Raymond Jr and the Philadelphia one under Tony Piccolo, when he was acting for Scarfo?
For really was recorded an induction ceremony in philly ? If yes this would be the fourth because the colombos paid for delete the fat larry sessa's ceremony in prison in 2011.
Clark
Straightened out

Post by Clark »

Here is a link that has a redacted transcript of the making ceremony:
http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/con ... -by-police

Based on the names of those atrested, I assume the Buffalo members are the Violi brothers. Following the murder of their father the family moved to Hamilton. It is likely that Giancomo or Jimmy Luppino would have arranged to have the two made into the Buffalo family quite early on for status, and more importantly protection (as the men that killed their father were Bonanno).

I really hope we get some idea about when they were made and whom by.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

It wouldn't really shock me all that much if the Buffalo family is sort of still around. They have something like 15 living members that we know about, and Canada seems to be a playground for gangsters.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Me neither Ivan , it’s all just speculation. A lot of people believe just because a mob family hasn’t been prosecuted in years automatically means the family is defunct . I don’t believe that to be true at all , could just mean they aren’t on the Feds radar because they are targeting other criminal or terrorist networks , it certainly doesn’t mean they are not around a ymore and are not still active
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

B. wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:35 am The big question for me is who Zummo was acting for. Records show that he has ties to Maspeth and Jamaica, Queens. Seems he could be related to Tommy Zummo, who was killed by Massino in the late 1960s.
I remember a Zummo from Queens being involved with the sicilians in heroin trafficking. I will check my files later
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Interesting stuff, hopefully more comes out.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:16 pm I guess over the next few days maybe a week or two they release the other 9 names ? Supposedly the other 9 are majority Gambino
Where did you read new arrests are coming?
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Clark wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:55 am Here is a link that has a redacted transcript of the making ceremony:

Based on the names of those atrested, I assume the Buffalo members are the Violi brothers. Following the murder of their father the family moved to Hamilton. It is likely that Giancomo or Jimmy Luppino would have arranged to have the two made into the Buffalo family quite early on for status, and more importantly protection (as the men that killed their father were Bonanno).

Hahaha they made an agent. Wtf, 2017, era of social networks, everything on the net and available and they don't know how to check if someone is real yet
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

felice wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:18 am
Clark wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:55 am Here is a link that has a redacted transcript of the making ceremony:

Hahaha they made an agent. Wtf, 2017, era of social networks, everything on the net and available and they don't know how to check if someone is real yet
The other articles referred to the guy made as CW-1, I think if the guy was an agent it would be UC-1, am I wrong? When I read that I took it as a mistake.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Hm, let's see
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Yeah, CW is generally "cooperating witness."
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Hailbritain wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:11 am Me neither Ivan , it’s all just speculation. A lot of people believe just because a mob family hasn’t been prosecuted in years automatically means the family is defunct . I don’t believe that to be true at all , could just mean they aren’t on the Feds radar because they are targeting other criminal or terrorist networks , it certainly doesn’t mean they are not around a ymore and are not still active
Of course the corollary to this is that just because some family members are still active doesn't mean that the entire structured family is still viable, and the feds may have just used "Todaro Family" for publicity purposes. (Beat you to it, Wiseguy! :mrgreen: )

I wonder how the pizza man feels about his surname being used like this in an article?
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by Lupara »

Snakes wrote:Yeah, CW is generally "cooperating witness."
Typical media overdramatization calling the informant an agent.
Clark
Straightened out

Post by Clark »

It looks like the person made was a cooperating witness and not an agent:

"The probe, codenamed Project OTremens, began when “a unique opportunity presented itself to the RCMP in 2013,” he said.

“We had an opportunity to infiltrate some higher echelon traditional organized crime groups… Because of the cooperation of someone who is respected by traditional organized crime in both countries.”
Ivan
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by Ivan »

Lupara wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:45 am
Snakes wrote:Yeah, CW is generally "cooperating witness."
Typical media overdramatization calling the informant an agent.
It's probably just sloppy use of terminology by non-experts.