Chicago mob boss solly D talking on Feds wire

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Re: Chicago mob boss solly D talking on Feds wire

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Pete wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 6:17 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:58 pm
Pete wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 11:55 am
Fughedaboutit wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 7:34 am
Pete wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 3:46 pm
BillyBrizzi wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 7:06 am Jimmy Fratianno explains in the video below at 2:33 perfectly how mob guys were when it came to murders.
He had the contract to kill Russian Louie, but 9 high ranking members of the L.A. family stayed around to watch the hit go down..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY3FX9cCAL4
Jimmy broke it down better than I could it looks like
Not really.

A small family from LA...not one of the NY five, so they do things different.

Second, he only talked about it with a single hit, and they happened to already be there for a meeting and instead of leaving they stayed.

Chicago on the other hand, higher ups personally and purposefully go to executions they should be nowhere near.
Right so they could have other people do it and end up getting ratted on just like ny. Before 05 there was never a member of the outfit convicted of a gangland killing. That would suggest the way they did it was much more intelligent than what ny does. Believe what you want though we're just going around in circles here
Or it could be the fact they have like 30 made guys vs 200 per family
Or maybe you need to check your facts. The outfit only got down to 75 guys around the year 2000 and kept dwindling due to the fact difronzo didn't wanna make guys anymore. 20's through the 90's they had anywhere from 125 to close to 200 at their peak. Easily bigger than every family in the us besides the genovese and gambinos. The only families that ever had 200 were the genovese and gambinos. So you are saying all of the five families had 200 guys a piece? Sorry but you have no idea what your talking about

You got me!

Chicago clearly has comparable numbers to NY, lmao

At their Peak Chcago had 200 made members or close to?

I would love to see a list.

Please post it.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

You dare say I have no idea what I am talking about when you claim Chicago had anywhere close to 200 made guys? You are a fucking clown.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Cite your source and post the list of 200 made Chi town mobsters ever, you joke.
Slick
Straightened out

Post by Slick »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 6:43 am
cavita wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 11:14 am
Fughedaboutit wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 4:52 am
Pete wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 12:39 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 6:14 am psychopath imo
So I assume your saying all mobsters are psychopaths? I don't think a capo personally strangling someone is any different than a soldier who shoots someone. Keep in mind many of these hits like the spilotros were done in residential areas where you couldn't just start shooting guns without the cops coming. Sure the outfit would make examples of some guys by brutally killing them but that was usually when it was personal like the guys who robbed accardos house
No, not all mobsters.

But guys in administration positions participating in murders because they seem to enjoy it, that is a nut job.
Perhaps they participated to see personally that the job got done and or to see how some of the guys acted under pressure?
Yeah I am sure that's it.

They couldn't have trusted hitmen do it or monitor that huh?

I mean, capos and bosses have participated and been at murders of low level bookmakers.

I could see your argument for something like say, the Spilotro brothers murder...but the other situations make your argument null and void.

I mean, for 5 families with over 1000 made members, these situations are few and far in between

in chicago with 50 or so made guys, whatever the number is...it was more of the norm.
What Capos and Bosses were at and participated in killing low level bookmakers? I would like to know that.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Slick wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 6:46 pm What Capos and Bosses were at and participated in killing low level bookmakers? I would like to know that.
Speaking of this: Rocco Infelise participated in the Hal Smith and Robert Plummer murders, but was he a capo already back then or was he still a soldier under Ferriola?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

He was Ferriola's number 2.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Man Am I the only one who thinks Chicago is super grimey when it comes to the blue collar street shit??? Seeems like every time I read about chi town made guys/ captains whatever that they're real street guys. They all do armed robberies and home invasions and shit. That's nuts if you're out doing that shit when you could just be collecting on your shy and joker poker routes... also it's not just the rackets that make these guys grimey blue collar but it's also the violence. Like people were staying earlier captains and administration guys participating in murders hands on... a real bunch of sick fuck individuals.. I'm gaining interested on chitown. I've only read the calabrese jr book so far... any other books about more current day Chicago that are worth the read? "Like the 1980's through present time? If anyone can let me know.. thanks I appreciate it
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Scott''s book is pretty good and covers a lot of that Family Secrets time period to the present.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

And yes, the Outfit is grimey. That's what initially turned me on to studying them. They seemed to be much more ruthless than the other families and took away a lot of the mob "glamour" which came out of the Sopranos. They are just a very interesting and unique group.
Slick
Straightened out

Post by Slick »

Dwalin2014 wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 8:24 pm
Slick wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 6:46 pm What Capos and Bosses were at and participated in killing low level bookmakers? I would like to know that.
Speaking of this: Rocco Infelise participated in the Hal Smith and Robert Plummer murders, but was he a capo already back then or was he still a soldier under Ferriola?
Rocco may have had his own crew when plummer got killed but all made guys can have their own crew. Rocco's crew fell under Ferriola like Snake's said. Now, by the time they killed Smith he was a pseudo Capo for Ferriola who had heart problems. But for something like that he had to get the ok from Ferriola. After Smith called Solly D derogatory names I'm sure the whole crew wanted a piece. Rocco was a former paratrooper during WW11 so it was probably always a team thing with him. Also Smith was anything but a low level bookmaker. He was probably one of, or the biggest books in Chicago, and was balking at paying the Outfit what they wanted, while also disrespecting Outfit guys.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Pete wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 6:17 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:58 pm
Pete wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 11:55 am
Fughedaboutit wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 7:34 am
Pete wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 3:46 pm
BillyBrizzi wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 7:06 am Jimmy Fratianno explains in the video below at 2:33 perfectly how mob guys were when it came to murders.
He had the contract to kill Russian Louie, but 9 high ranking members of the L.A. family stayed around to watch the hit go down..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY3FX9cCAL4
Jimmy broke it down better than I could it looks like
Not really.

A small family from LA...not one of the NY five, so they do things different.

Second, he only talked about it with a single hit, and they happened to already be there for a meeting and instead of leaving they stayed.

Chicago on the other hand, higher ups personally and purposefully go to executions they should be nowhere near.
Right so they could have other people do it and end up getting ratted on just like ny. Before 05 there was never a member of the outfit convicted of a gangland killing. That would suggest the way they did it was much more intelligent than what ny does. Believe what you want though we're just going around in circles here
Or it could be the fact they have like 30 made guys vs 200 per family
Or maybe you need to check your facts. The outfit only got down to 75 guys around the year 2000 and kept dwindling due to the fact difronzo didn't wanna make guys anymore. 20's through the 90's they had anywhere from 125 to close to 200 at their peak. Easily bigger than every family in the us besides the genovese and gambinos. The only families that ever had 200 were the genovese and gambinos. So you are saying all of the five families had 200 guys a piece? Sorry but you have no idea what your talking about

As said, I think those numbers are somewhat inflated. This was discussed on here before and the other forum as well, but its a known fact that The Outfit had a lot of non-Italians in key positions, and we know that a lot of those guys weren't "made" in the sense that we've all come to understand the term to mean. That goes for the Italian guys too, there were a bunch of Italian members of the Outfit, but more than enough of them weren't made mafia members, this is from the 20s and on. That's partly why I think its so hard to guage the Outfit and their membership numbers when it comes to made men. And informants like Nick Calabrese have come out and said through testimony and other things, that some key members whom were thought to be made members by authorities actually weren't made at all, but were still Outfit guys. As far as the 20s-30s go, we know that during the existence of the Outfit even then, there was a separate entity that included the Aiellos which WERE in fact for the most part made up of the Sicilian Mafia, at some point specific members of this group merged with the Outfit, and at some point perhaps thanks to Masseria, perhaps not, Capone himself was recognized as a made man when he initially wasn't. We don't even know when they began or when they ceded having induction ceremonies for the most part. So even during that time period, its hard to believe that all of those guys went through the typical ceremony to be recognized as made. Either way, its a difficult topic to be certain about.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

20's through the 90's they had anywhere from 125 to close to 200 at their peak. Easily bigger than every family in the us besides the genovese and gambinos. The only families that ever had 200 were the genovese and gambinos.
Pete, I´m not sure from where you base your numbers on but the Gambinos and the Genoveses had 300 plus members at their peak. The Bonannos had close to 300 members in the early 1930s, that seems to have been their peak. The Colombo Family was the smallest of the NY Families with around 120 members and we don´t know how big the Lucchese Family was at their peak so it´s impossible to compare. But I doubt very much the Chicago outfit was bigger than the three smaller NY Families at their peak in regards to made members.
There you have it, never printed before.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 7:10 am
20's through the 90's they had anywhere from 125 to close to 200 at their peak. Easily bigger than every family in the us besides the genovese and gambinos. The only families that ever had 200 were the genovese and gambinos.
Pete, I´m not sure from where you base your numbers on but the Gambinos and the Genoveses had 300 plus members at their peak. The Bonannos had close to 300 members in the early 1930s, that seems to have been their peak. The Colombo Family was the smallest of the NY Families with around 120 members and we don´t know how big the Lucchese Family was at their peak so it´s impossible to compare. But I doubt very much the Chicago outfit was bigger than the three smaller NY Families at their peak in regards to made members.
If you show me something that says the bonannos had 300 guys I'll stand corrected.
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Joe Bonanno mentioned it in his book.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

And Pete is shut down yet again.