Montreal: Rocco Sollecito has just been shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Montreal: Rocco Sollecito has just been shot dead

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Who?
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

charliem wrote:Lorenzo won't be turning anybody into pretzels anytime soon
I think Del Balso now want to turn Giordano's killer into a pretzel himself.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Well Lorenzo is in prison for his own safety, I think he'll be more concerned with watching his back, just like everyone else who seemingly represents the "old guard".
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

OlBlueEyesClub wrote:Well Lorenzo is in prison for his own safety, I think he'll be more concerned with watching his back, just like everyone else who seemingly represents the "old guard".
Lorenzo is dead.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

This is probably the biggest murder since Joe Di Maulo like Sonny Black mentioned on GBB. From what it seemed was that everyone liked Rocco even though he was a hardcore Rizzuto loyalist and stayed that way even when Vito was locked up. I also think he took a somewhat consigliere role with Stefano and Leonardo supposedly in power.

My thoughts are that is came from the following sides: Desjardins and his side, or the Arcadi faction who expects to be boss when he gets out and are still pissed over Giordano.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Lupara wrote:
OlBlueEyesClub wrote:Well Lorenzo is in prison for his own safety, I think he'll be more concerned with watching his back, just like everyone else who seemingly represents the "old guard".
Lorenzo is dead.

Lorenzo Giordano is dead. I was thinking of Frank Del Balso, my bad. I got confused after looking at you and the other guys comments about "Lorenzo" wanting to bend someone like a pretzel , I knew Giordano was dead hence why I said "who" in my initial response, then thought you were talking about Del Balso. Long story short, I mixed the names up, sue me. And Arcadi was already out, he was reprimanded for his own safety after the Giordano murder. I thought Girolamo Del Balso was too, but I've seen like two sources which state that he wasn't reprimanded until after Sollecito was killed, also for his own safety.
Last edited by OlBlueEyesClub on Sat May 28, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

OlBlueEyesClub wrote:
Lupara wrote:
Lorenzo is dead.

Lorenzo Giordano is dead. I was thinking of Girolamo Del Balso, my bad. I got confused after looking at you and the other guys comments about "Lorenzo" wanting to bend someone like a pretzel , I knew Giordano was dead hence why I said "who" in my initial response, then thought you were talking about Del Balso. Long story short, I mixed the names up, sue me. And Arcadi was already out, he was reprimanded for his own safety after the Giordano murder. I thought Girolamo Del Balso was too, but I've seen like two sources which state that he wasn't reprimanded until after Sollecito was killed, also for his own safety.
I think you missed the joke. There are surveillance tapes of Del Balso making threats to some individual saying that "Lorenzo would turn him into a pretzel." This was part of Operation Colisee.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

dixiemafia wrote:My thoughts are that is came from the following sides: Desjardins and his side, or the Arcadi faction who expects to be boss when he gets out and are still pissed over Giordano.
I'll go on a limb and say that I think that this was done by remnants of Arcadi's and De Vito's group. As you may know yourself, before war broke out Giuseppe De Vito's crew was part of Frank Arcadi's cell and these guys all know each other and worked together in the past. But I think you're theory is also a viable one, that the Desjardins-Mirarchi faction is behind all of this. In that case, I think that Giordano and Sollecito were on the same side. Both of these alleged groups could have the backing of Ontario. But at this point it's all highly speculative.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Lupara wrote:
OlBlueEyesClub wrote:
Lupara wrote:
Lorenzo is dead.

Lorenzo Giordano is dead. I was thinking of Girolamo Del Balso, my bad. I got confused after looking at you and the other guys comments about "Lorenzo" wanting to bend someone like a pretzel , I knew Giordano was dead hence why I said "who" in my initial response, then thought you were talking about Del Balso. Long story short, I mixed the names up, sue me. And Arcadi was already out, he was reprimanded for his own safety after the Giordano murder. I thought Girolamo Del Balso was too, but I've seen like two sources which state that he wasn't reprimanded until after Sollecito was killed, also for his own safety.
I think you missed the joke. There are surveillance tapes of Del Balso making threats to some individual saying that "Lorenzo would turn him into a pretzel." This was part of Operation Colisee.

I did, my bad guys. Lol. And I think the Arcadi/De Vito theory a bit more plausible than the Desjardins/Mirarchi group. What does Desjardins have to gain? He may not ever be coming home, at least Arcadi comes out as soon as the coast is deemed clear. I still think this is all being done by "neutral" parties though. Who were out of the picture for a while and have now developed the connections to claim whatever they feel they should have. Which is leadership roles and drug profits. I really think the Scoppa's may be apart of all this, don't ask me why, its just what I think.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Keep in mind Desjardines is not Italian and not made.

I'd be very surprised if he still 'had' a faction. If he ever did at all.

My thoughts are this is from Ontario. I'd be surprised if there's that much to consist of separate factions left in Montreal. The remanents were under Rizzuto and Sollecito. I think Ontario saw weakness/an opportunity and is putting the final nail in.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

I think Desjardins power lied with his ability to ally himself with others who were made and Italian and had leadership roles within the Montreal Mob, you're right about him not being Italian or made, so I do doubt as well that this came from him. And if anything, wouldn't he be targeting Hells Angels, since Boucher does want to kill him and put a threat on his head. However I do think there are plenty Montreal Mobsters who were neutral and didn't pick sides. I'm sticking with my Scoppa theory, last we heard of them, one of them was hiding out from Canadian authorities in Mexico. That would give him some time to build up a relationship with members from various cartels and easily make him a player in the Cocaine transportation. They may still have some associates back in Montreal, as I think one of the brothers are locked up in a Canadian prison, they can handle distribution. As we've seen with the Giuseppe Fetta shooting, the Scoppas definitely have their own associates. Who knows, they could be aligned with the Toronto/Ontario guys in some way. I know I'm probably reaching right now,but this is some interesting stuff to speculate.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

I think the only relative certainty, though I'm sure we'll find disagreement on this, is that whoever is behind this, it isn't NY. Gambino or Bonanno.

Of that I think we can all agree.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:GO CANADA!
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Here is an interview I did Friday regarding the status of the Montréal mafia.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/0 ... es-a-laval
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Laurentian wrote:Here is an interview I did Friday regarding the status of the Montréal mafia.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/0 ... es-a-laval
Thanks Laurentian, Not very smart of Sollecito to stick to a predictable daily routine.
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.