Gambino family info

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyGambino
Full Patched

Re: Gambino family info

Post by TommyGambino »

I know Inzerillo's kid was in construction in Brooklyn but he isn't a Gambino member so that rules him out, any chance it's Gambino?
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

hm? what do you mean?
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

The Messinese guy
LcnBios
Straightened out

Post by LcnBios »

Last edited by LcnBios on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

meeting was on late nov 2002, if my memory works well, on the 27th. no place is indicated.
calì talks about the fact that john rizzo was promoted and was now part of the administration, he says arnold squitieri was demoted. he's kinda complaining to di leonardo about the fact he got this news about rizzo from anthony megale and not from jojo corozzo (i do not know why he refers to corozzo since the news should come from his captain) he talks about how he wanted to send his brother in law pietro inzerillo to meet with rizzo.
no references about what di leonardo says except a bad consideration di leonardo seems to have for corozzo "he's not good, bad guys, keep them away"
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

I really would be curious to know more about john gambino's old decina, you know I realy focussed a lot on that group.
gambino was made captain by gotti but according to gravano there was already this sicilian mafiosi decina that was formed by 8 made guys when castellano was the boss. antonio inzerillo was part of it, there's a chance he was the captain before he was murdered.

in the gotti tapes frank lo cascio and gotti talk about 5-6 made guys. john gambino, joe gambino plus 3 others. lorenzo mannino wasn't probably made yet.
they talk about a filippo who's the youngest crew member and he's 51 years old. the only filippo I can think of is filippo casamento who was 65 yo by then (1991)
fourth was pietro inzerillo who was current namesake soldier's grandfather. pietro inzerillo died in 2007.
LcnBios
Straightened out

Post by LcnBios »

Last edited by LcnBios on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

I remember that you already talked about rizzo being part of the administration sometime in the 2000s, but you never wrote about he replacing squitieri.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

felice, I was told Lorenzo Mannino was made when he got out of prison in 2004. He was meant to be made but the indictment stopped it
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I believe he was made in 1988.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

he wasn't made yet in 1991. that's the year john gotti talks with lo cascio about mannino on a tape. they talk of him like an associate plus they add that the youngest soldier in john gambino's decina is 51 years old.
giuseppe gambino was made in 1988
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Joe Gambino was 45/46 in 1991 so surely he was the youngest in the crew, I thought he was made in the late 70's.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

I thought mannino was made in the late 80s after being involved in the francesco Oliveri murder
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

in another part anyway they say Calì became a captain of the old John Gambino's decina
DiLeonardo has said that the Gambino crew was placed under D'Amico when John Gambino went away. If Gambino kept his captain title, then I guess it was more a situation where his crew was "reporting" to D'Amico and not necessarily "merged" into one crew. If that's the case, I wonder if Cali was running the Gambino crew only or if he was at some point directing the whole D'Amico/Gambino crew.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

anyone know the Poncho, gotti refers to in the tapes? he says hes gonna make him but hes old blah blah blah. i think he pushes Mario and Poncho to the next one. the most comfortable he says is fat dom. so fat dom. johnny rizzo. richie m. and 2 other guys i cant recall get made then i think/