Akron Ohio + Italian mafia

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Stroccos
Full Patched

Re: Akron Ohio + Italian mafia

Post by Stroccos »

FriendofFamily wrote:OK - so we have someone asking about Jimmy and Tony LaFatch. A new person that I don't know and someone called them out. Nothwithstanding any of that - I need to know what is it that you would like know or need to know about them personally or professionally.

Jimmy LaFatch hung out at the Akron Sicilian Club on West Market Street across from the Tangier Restaurant. The Sicilian Club was then converted to a Rockne's Restaurant. Operations were moved to Nick Anthe's Restaurant on N. Main Street on North Hill in Akron. The Landlord for the Sicilian Club was Joe Petracca. Joe would walk into the Bar and make a big production that he was the Landlord and Migo and Jimmy have the Rent Money. Jimmy would mutter a few choice words before paying him.

Meetings were held in the Basement of the Sicilian Club. Certain Members would all just walk in and go immediately downstairs to the basement while trying to not look at anyone. One night a local black man decided he was going to rob the Sicilian Club. Let us just say that a few guns were drawn and he left. Somehow the Akron Police Department happen to be outside and beat the piss out of this guy. The cops told him he's lucky that the guys in the bar didn't do something to him.

I will continue later about a few stories about Jimmy and Tony along with a few others....
Was ernest Fusco the number 2 man in Akron?
Did JImmy La fatch retire from the rackets after Morcei gets whacked. Or before?
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

No Jimmy Lafatch never retired until his funeral in April 1993 - My wife and I were both there. His Wife Mary came up to my wife and said how much Jimmy loved her and thought the world of her and is there anything she could do for her etc. etc.

Leo just had to go - that's all there is to it.

I am drawing a bit of a blank right now on Ernie Fusco - it was a long time ago

I will relate a simple personal story about one of my Wife's and I "date"

My wife told Jimmy Lafatch, Migo (Dominic Papa), and Bill Monahan that she was going across the Street to Tangier for a Date with me. Now these guys hardly ever went across the Street to Tangier Restaurant which I hung out in all the time. So Migo decides he's going across the Street to Tangier - So Migo shows up the bar and the bartender Jimmy Brewer was surprised to see Migo there. Jimmy Brewer told the barmaid I'll wait on him. Then Bill Monahan shows up and now Jimmy Brewer getting nervous why are guys here is there anything we can get you. No No we are good - Then Jimmy Lafatch comes over now Jimmy Brewer says to the Barmaid get the Owner of Tangier Edward George and who didn't pay the Book.

They were over watching my Wife and I on our Date and I told my Italian Buddy Felix D'Avello (West Side Akron boy) he is my stand up for me during this date. Felix was very funny he says these guys are from North Hill I am from the West Side. Felix says "My mother hated the Mafia" we are all rolling on the floor laughing our asses off about this whole situation. Since my wife dated Tony DelSanter who had since passed in 1977. They were making sure I am that stand up guy and took care of her properly.
Know which Game to Play
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

The Greek wrote:Friend of Henry,
Back in high school in the mid 80's I used to play Fridays and Saturday nights in Akron at Zorba's and The Acropolis(I think). There was a guy who would always come in we called Mr. Gold. Mr. Gold always had a gold toothpick. He had a bodyguard who always had a gun. One night the Greeks got a little too rowdy breaking plates and Mr Gold got hit by some glass. The guys kept breaking plates until the bodyguard pulled out his gun and we stopped playing until things calmed down. Great memories of that place. Zorba's was the back room with a bar in the front. Any idea who Mr. Gold was?
Thanks
Greek
Anything? Anyone?
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Ya, I'll be right on this as soon as I talk to Mr. Gold :mrgreen:
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

FriendofHenry wrote:Ya, I'll be right on this as soon as I talk to Mr. Gold :mrgreen:
Ha ok I'll take that as a no
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stroccos wrote:
FriendofFamily wrote:OK - so we have someone asking about Jimmy and Tony LaFatch. A new person that I don't know and someone called them out. Nothwithstanding any of that - I need to know what is it that you would like know or need to know about them personally or professionally.

Jimmy LaFatch hung out at the Akron Sicilian Club on West Market Street across from the Tangier Restaurant. The Sicilian Club was then converted to a Rockne's Restaurant. Operations were moved to Nick Anthe's Restaurant on N. Main Street on North Hill in Akron. The Landlord for the Sicilian Club was Joe Petracca. Joe would walk into the Bar and make a big production that he was the Landlord and Migo and Jimmy have the Rent Money. Jimmy would mutter a few choice words before paying him.

Meetings were held in the Basement of the Sicilian Club. Certain Members would all just walk in and go immediately downstairs to the basement while trying to not look at anyone. One night a local black man decided he was going to rob the Sicilian Club. Let us just say that a few guns were drawn and he left. Somehow the Akron Police Department happen to be outside and beat the piss out of this guy. The cops told him he's lucky that the guys in the bar didn't do something to him.

I will continue later about a few stories about Jimmy and Tony along with a few others....
Was ernest Fusco the number 2 man in Akron?
Did JImmy La fatch retire from the rackets after Morcei gets whacked. Or before?
La Fatch was semi retired long before Moceri. La Fatch was active in the late 1920's, 30's, 40's and 50's into the 60's.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

FriendofFamily wrote:No Jimmy Lafatch never retired until his funeral in April 1993 - My wife and I were both there. His Wife Mary came up to my wife and said how much Jimmy loved her and thought the world of her and is there anything she could do for her etc. etc.

My wife told Jimmy Lafatch, Migo (Dominic Papa), and Bill Monahan that she was going across the Street to Tangier for a Date with me. Now these guys hardly ever went across the Street to Tangier Restaurant which I hung out in all the time. So Migo decides he's going across the Street to Tangier - So Migo shows up the bar and the bartender Jimmy Brewer was surprised to see Migo there. Jimmy Brewer told the barmaid I'll wait on him. Then Bill Monahan shows up and now Jimmy Brewer getting nervous why are guys here is there anything we can get you. No No we are good - Then Jimmy Lafatch comes over now Jimmy Brewer says to the Barmaid get the Owner of Tangier Edward George and who didn't pay the Book.

They were over watching my Wife and I on our Date and I told my Italian Buddy Felix D'Avello (West Side Akron boy) he is my stand up for me during this date. Felix was very funny he says these guys are from North Hill I am from the West Side. Felix says "My mother hated the Mafia" we are all rolling on the floor laughing our asses off about this whole situation. Since my wife dated Tony DelSanter who had since passed in 1977. They were making sure I am that stand up guy and took care of her properly.
Ernie Fusco was actually Ernie LaSalle. If I'm not mistaken, Fusco was an alias or LaSalle was an alias.

Here is something on him:

http://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html ... st_LaSalle
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Here is a "territory" chart on Cleveland accumulated through FBI investigations and various informants back in the 1960's.

http://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html ... 7&tab=page
Last edited by JCB1977 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

FriendofFamily wrote:No Jimmy Lafatch never retired until his funeral in April 1993 - My wife and I were both there. His Wife Mary came up to my wife and said how much Jimmy loved her and thought the world of her and is there anything she could do for her etc. etc.

Hi FOF,

While La Fatch had his hands in various activites, in regards to LCN, Cleveland was defunct and decimated by 1993. According to FBI SA Hawk in Cleveland, they were defunct after Licavoli's incarceration. All the evidence points to some left over made guys running activites but all Cleveland operations went to Pittsburgh by 1982.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Hi FOF,

While La Fatch had his hands in various activites, in regards to LCN, Cleveland was defunct and decimated by 1993. According to FBI SA Hawk in Cleveland, they were defunct after Licavoli's incarceration. All the evidence points to some left over made guys running activites but all Cleveland operations went to Pittsburgh by 1982.

I believe that was the first year I was invited to camp. Hell, I was just a freshman in high school.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Ernie Fusco was actually Ernie LaSalle. If I'm not mistaken, Fusco was an alias or LaSalle was an alias.

Here is something on him:

http://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html ... st_LaSalle[/quote]

I have read he was made in Detroit. He was basically Leo Moceris right hand in Akron. I belive they even lived together. I think Ernest La salle was his alias.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

FriendofHenry wrote:Hi FOF,

I believe that was the first year I was invited to camp. Hell, I was just a freshman in high school.
A shell of its former shell but not defunct in 93
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Stroccos wrote:
FriendofHenry wrote:Hi FOF,

A shell of its former shell but not defunct in 93
If you're referring to Cleveland, I have no idea.
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Fusco was before me.

Now I went to Florida in 1981 until returning in 1989 but they were still operating out of Nick Anthe's when I got back. Tony Lafatch made a call for me to get with some people in Boca Raton and the Miami Teamster Union in 1981. We met at the Miami Playboy Club.
Know which Game to Play
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

JCB1977 wrote:
Stroccos wrote:

Was Ernest Fusco the number 2 man in Akron?
Did JImmy Lafatch retire from the rackets after Moceri gets whacked. Or before?
La Fatch was semi retired long before Moceri. La Fatch was active in the late 1920's, 30's, 40's and 50's into the 60's.
Yes Jimmy and Tony were active those years also in Bootlegging and other activities. But my point is that the Bookmaking operation was still ongoing. Regardless of the technical idea of structure etc. of Cleveland vs. Pittsburgh.

For me Active or Semi Retired means essentially the same thing - Involvement. I am not trying to be the GURU of LCN nor am I calling anyone on it. Just contributing some information.
Know which Game to Play