Captain with no Crew vs Soliders Direct with Boss

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Captain with no Crew vs Soliders Direct with Boss

Post by davidf1989 »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:35 pm While we don't have documents listing any capos pre-1947, I would assume that L.A. probably had them because it was normative and there was a sufficient number of members to justify having them. When we first read of Joe Giammona he was without a crew because of his health issues, so it's probably likely that he previously had one; it's also possible he was a capo at the time of the 1947 ceremony. I could also suppose that Momo Adamo may have been a capo before he was promoted to underboss. Wish the FBI asked Piscopo and Bompensiero more historical questions, but it is what it is.
What rank was Piscopo in the Dragna crime family?
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

davidf1989 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:33 am
Antiliar wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:35 pm While we don't have documents listing any capos pre-1947, I would assume that L.A. probably had them because it was normative and there was a sufficient number of members to justify having them. When we first read of Joe Giammona he was without a crew because of his health issues, so it's probably likely that he previously had one; it's also possible he was a capo at the time of the 1947 ceremony. I could also suppose that Momo Adamo may have been a capo before he was promoted to underboss. Wish the FBI asked Piscopo and Bompensiero more historical questions, but it is what it is.
He was a soldier.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Antiliar wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:34 am
davidf1989 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:33 am
He was a soldier.
Thanks for your reply and wasn't Frank Bompensiero involved with Laporte and Fratianno in a trucking business? Was Leo moceri an associate of Bompensiero?