Mobster Vinny Gorgeous rewarded for good behavior

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

123JoeSchmo
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Mobster Vinny Gorgeous rewarded for good behavior

Post by 123JoeSchmo »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
Chucky wrote:Sonny, as far as I'm concerned we don't kill enough people, and I don't think there's anything wrong "revenge" as it pertains to capital punishment. You wanna kill and/or rape, fucking kill them, and it would lower a certain population of our country...Pogo knows what I'm talking about :mrgreen:

Correct. We barely kill any in fact. I'd be surprised if even 1/10 of 1% of murderers are ever actually executed in this country. I think capital punshment should also be greatly expanded to include other crimes other than murder (and actually carried out).

Pogo
What like cutting off the hand of someone who committed robbery? :roll: cutting off the noses of Jewish people?
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

I think there is nothing wrong with capital punishment but why bother sentencing someone to death if its never gone happen? Death row inmates have it easy compared to someone doing life in a max security prison in general population. Look at Scott Peterson that scumbag has it great in death row. Put him in general population in San Quintin he will want to kill himself he will be abused so bad.
Five Felonies
Full Patched

Post by Five Felonies »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:I wouldve replied something like 'go fuck yourself with your faux moral superiority Wiseguy'. Because you adhere to a random assortment of bronz age middle eastern tribal myths and writings, you have moral certainty? See the problem with the religious right is they know. There's zero humility because they know. And everyone else doesnt know, has to have it explained to them because Im 'morally confused'. Go fuck yourself.
these types of petty shots take away from whatever points you're trying to get across, try and keep things a bit more civil please!
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Getting back to Vinny Basciano, does anyone know how he first got hooked up with Dominick Trinchera and the Bonannos? He was already a trusted associate by his early 20s. Then what happened to him after Trinchera's death? We know he stayed with the Bronx crew and got made more than a decade later but how did he come back into the fold post-1981 and who was he on record with before he got made?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:I wouldve replied something like 'go fuck yourself with your faux moral superiority Wiseguy'. Because you adhere to a random assortment of bronz age middle eastern tribal myths and writings, you have moral certainty? See the problem with the religious right is they know. There's zero humility because they know. And everyone else doesnt know, has to have it explained to them because Im 'morally confused'. Go fuck yourself.
Well since you were the one to introduce religion into this is feel free to respond in kind. You can try to dismiss Christianity or belief in scripture as "adherence to a random assortment of bronz age middle eastern tribal myths" but all you do is betray where you're really coming from - the pompous, self satisfied secular progressive who, far from being humble, thinks they can figure it out all on their own, leans on their own limited understanding, and has no need for God or scripture. And people like myself, who really do know, you find unpalatable because you are so steeped in philosophical conjecture. Me saying or pretending I don't know what I know wouldnt make me humble. It would simply make me dishonest. I can at least point to a higher Being for me beliefs. All you can do is point to yourself for yours. Well, with all due respect, who the hell are you?
speaking of absurd misunderstandings.
Youre immature reaction of the death penalty 'sanctioned' by Christian doctrine is best expressed by an example.
When a child gets hit by another student in the classroom, does the teacher educate and discipline the child by a) Getting the student to hit the other student back (IE the death penalty)? or b) sending the offending child to the corner as punishment (IE not the death penalty)?
See my 'absurd' logic now Ivy?
Yes I do and your logic is flawed. First, your attempt to throw Christianity back in my face falls flat. Then, as if that weren't enough, you double down with a bad analogy. That you would even try to draw such a parallel seems to confirm my suspicions that secular liberals like yourself really don't take murder all that seriously. Furthermore, your analogy would be a little more accurate if it was the victim (impossible since they're dead) or, say, the victims family meting out the punishment. But it's not. It's society. And execution is not equivalent to murder. But leave it to you to try and equate the two.
another issue where the rest of the western world has progressed and a few stubborn dated fear mongering religious right keep the US coupled in 3rd world morals, laws and values. Guns or the Death penalty.
This is what I was talking about above. Self-proclaimed progressives like yourself think you have somehow evolved to a higher plane when, in reality, the West is now more morally bankrupt than ever. And it's largely because of the the very "We'll do things our way, we don't need God" attitude you demonstrated above. Anyway, believing a murderous criminal like Basciano still deserves to live doesn't make you mature. Nor is it a sign you've progressed. It just means you're naive.
All roads lead to New York.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

B. wrote:Getting back to Vinny Basciano, does anyone know how he first got hooked up with Dominick Trinchera and the Bonannos? He was already a trusted associate by his early 20s. Then what happened to him after Trinchera's death? We know he stayed with the Bronx crew and got made more than a decade later but how did he come back into the fold post-1981 and who was he on record with before he got made?
Sorry this thread is no longer about Basciano its about religion and society's view of the death penalty. Lmao :mrgreen:
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Wiseguy wrote:Well since you were the one to introduce religion into this is feel free to respond in kind. You can try to dismiss Christianity or belief in scripture as "adherence to a random assortment of bronz age middle eastern tribal myths" but all you do is betray where you're really coming from - the pompous, self satisfied secular progressive who, far from being humble, thinks they can figure it out all on their own, leans on their own limited understanding, and has no need for God or scripture.
I can try to dismiss Christianity as "adherence to a random assortment of bronz age middle eastern tribal myths", because, thats exactly what it is.
It literally has nothing to do with where Im coming from. See you take my description as an insult, whereas its a literal description. Its actually quite interesting you throw this on me.
And to educate you on 'secular progressives', we dont say we have the answers. Thats why we're secular. Thats why we're progressive (Clue is in the title there). Thats your camp that does that. We are humble in not professing to know. We have open minds in our attempts at understanding the universe. Which is the only rationale standpoint.

Wiseguy wrote:And people like myself, who really do know, you find unpalatable because you are so steeped in philosophical conjecture. Me saying or pretending I don't know what I know wouldnt make me humble. It would simply make me dishonest.
Excusing the pompos attitude and the hysterical oxy-moronic nature of your comments pertaining to MY arrogance, you don't know.
There is Zero, repeat zero evidence for the existence of any faith based belief system.
Zero.
What you have is a warm fuzzy feeling based on hope and faith, two points which may feel good to you, but have zero basis in reality or truth. People who believed in Zeus, Poisidon, Ra, Vishnu, etc etc all had that fuzzy feeling and there exisits as much evidence for those, as yours.
The Muslims know as well, the Jews, they know too.
For a guy who is so disciplined as to only accept evidence on the mafia, you have remarkable cognitive dissonance in your exclusion of it in your beliefs.

Wiseguy wrote:really don't take murder all that seriously.
What a stupid thing to say.
Wiseguy wrote:Furthermore, your analogy would be a little more accurate if it was the victim (impossible since they're dead) or, say, the victims family meting out the punishment. But it's not. It's society. And execution is not equivalent to murder. But leave it to you to try and equate the two.
The teacher in the analogy was society. I thought that was obvious. And the analogy still stands quite clear. I urge you to re-read it.
What do you teach your child when it hits another?
That the hit child gets to hit that child back? Or the aggressor is sent to his room?
Exactly.
You'd teach your child one thing, and expect society to do the other.
At least youre consistent with your cognitive dissonance.
Wiseguy wrote:This is what I was talking about above. Self-proclaimed progressives like yourself think you have somehow evolved to a higher plane when, in reality, the West is now more morally bankrupt than ever. And it's largely because of the the very "We'll do things our way, we don't need God" attitude you demonstrated above.
Good point. Because the middle east, chock full of your people who unlike me, need God, is full of morals the world needs. Suicide bombers, totalitarian political systems, zero womans rights, antisemitism, state and religious sanctioned abuse and systematic murder of homosexuals, zero tolerance for science, art etc etc etc etc

Us 'we dont need god' people really miss all those morals you god people have.
Wiseguy wrote:Anyway, believing a murderous criminal like Basciano still deserves to live doesn't make you mature. Nor is it a sign you've progressed. It just means you're naive.
Right I forgot, because you know ;)
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: I can try to dismiss Christianity as "adherence to a random assortment of bronz age middle eastern tribal myths", because, thats exactly what it is.
It literally has nothing to do with where Im coming from. See you take my description as an insult, whereas its a literal description. Its actually quite interesting you throw this on me.
And to educate you on 'secular progressives', we dont say we have the answers. Thats why we're secular. Thats why we're progressive (Clue is in the title there). Thats your camp that does that. We are humble in not professing to know. We have open minds in our attempts at understanding the universe. Which is the only rationale standpoint.
Sonny, I disagree. While you and some other people may have open minds and enough humility not to profess to "know everything", I talked to many atheists who were very arrogant and belligerent, and even took a simple question "while I may be wrong about something, have you ever thought you might be as well?" as a personal insult. Many of them think they are "superior" to religious people because "not bound by superstition" or something like that. I am not even mentioning their arrogant way of talking and insults etc.

I mean, without getting involved in the dispute between you and Wiseguy, BOTH atheists and religious people can be extremely fanatical and intollerant.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

I'm surprised at intolerance from the Atheistic sphere, as all that position stands on is that there is not the evidence to support a theistic contention (a belief in god/s).

Its not suggesting an answer itself, merely that there is insufficient evidence for a theistic position.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Five Felonies
Full Patched

Post by Five Felonies »

i hereby sentence this thread to death, with the sentence to be carried out immediately!