General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by PolackTony »

On one of his blog charts, Bill Feather lists a Frank Occhino (1924-92) as a suspected LCN member from Manhattan, family unknown. Anyone heard of this guy? I believe that he moved to the Bronx at some point.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
nash143
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by nash143 »

Is there a thread containing member induction dates for different families? I’m sure I’ve seen some in the past.
Thanks
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

nash143 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:01 pm Is there a thread containing member induction dates for different families? I’m sure I’ve seen some in the past.
Thanks
Five Families
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=144

Chicago
viewtopic.php?p=168049#p168049
viewtopic.php?p=101090#p101090

Philly
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=150
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5427

DeCavalcante
viewtopic.php?p=192067#p192067

Patriarca
viewtopic.php?p=170298#p170298
nash143
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by nash143 »

Thanks!
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Who did Frank Lucas & Bumpy Johnson get their drugs from?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Shellackhead wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:24 pm Who did Frank Lucas & Bumpy Johnson get their drugs from?
Lucas got it from general Ike Atkinson . Or something similar to that. General death or something they called him.

Bumpy I don’t think was much into drugs
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Jack Dempsey
Associate

Post by Jack Dempsey »

"Goodfellas actor Frank Sivero had links to real life mafia bosses and hitmen, a mob informant has testified in court.

On Wednesday (18Feb09), a New York court was shown photographs of Sivero posing with Charles Carneglia, who is on trial charged with five murders, including the slaying of an off-duty cop.

Prosecution witness Kevin McMahon claims Sivero - who played Frankie Carbone in the 1990 movie - was a regular visitor at the Brooklyn junkyard where cops believe Carneglia dissolved the bodies of his victims in acid.

And he suggested the 57-year-old actor - who is not accused of any crime - used his underworld connections to settle vendettas.

McMahon, a former associate of jailed New York crime boss John Gotti, told the court, "(Sivero) had some kind of problem with somebody in jail, I am not exactly positive."

When approached by the New York Daily News, Sivero's agent Mitchell Shankman declined to comment."

https://youtu.be/tjE8QXBFDoo

Any stories on this guy?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:09 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:24 pm Who did Frank Lucas & Bumpy Johnson get their drugs from?
Lucas got it from general Ike Atkinson . Or something similar to that. General death or something they called him.

Not anything like an expert on Bumpy Johnson, and I know that he really came up in the policy racket. But didn’t he take a narcotics rap in the 40s? I also believe that he was under investigation for narcotics distribution when he died in the 60s?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Was there any evidence that Phillip Lombardo ever attended a Commission meeting, or at the very least an inter-family meeting? Or did Tieri attend all of it as far as we can tell at this point?
cobra
Straightened out

Post by cobra »

motorfab wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:30 am 2 questions :

1/in the famous photo of Sinatra & Gambino at the Westchester Theater I just realized there was a Joe Gambino (yeah, I'm 20 years late on that). Was he a cousin of Carlo/Paolo or their brother? I think I remember that there were several Joe Gambino in addition to the son of Carlo

2/question about Sicily: Is Carlo Greco of Santa Maria di Gesù a relative of Giovannello Greco of the same mandamento? I ask because as Giovannello is himself a relative of the Grecos of Ciaculli/Croceverde and that Carlo Greco has a very similar face to these Grecos... I tried to search but I couldn't find anything about it.

Thanks in advance for your help guys
-giovannello greco is ciaculli family not santa maria di gesu
-related from the side of cicchiteddu greco somehow
-no relation of carlo greco boss of santa maria di gesu after giovanni bontate
-highly dangerous killer
-gunman in murder of lt col giuseppe russo
-gunman in murder of judge gaetano costa
-was onside of corleonesi until 1978 then changed on side of bontate
-pino was introduced as "giovannello" by corleonesi to make confusion
-later people assume all the "giovannello" murders are by pino but is not so
-giovannello tried to do surprise christmas attack 1982 in ciaculli
-in that attack pino greco and giovannello shooting at each other like wild west
-corleonesi try very hard to kill him because he considered very very dangerous man
-after 1982 he disappear until arrest in eivissa in 1997
-now living free
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

cobra wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:56 pm -giovannello greco is ciaculli family not santa maria di gesu
-related from the side of cicchiteddu greco somehow
-no relation of carlo greco boss of santa maria di gesu after giovanni bontate
-highly dangerous killer
-gunman in murder of lt col giuseppe russo
-gunman in murder of judge gaetano costa
-was onside of corleonesi until 1978 then changed on side of bontate
-pino was introduced as "giovannello" by corleonesi to make confusion
-later people assume all the "giovannello" murders are by pino but is not so
-giovannello tried to do surprise christmas attack 1982 in ciaculli
-in that attack pino greco and giovannello shooting at each other like wild west
-corleonesi try very hard to kill him because he considered very very dangerous man
-after 1982 he disappear until arrest in eivissa in 1997
-now living free
Ok thank you cobra. I knew all the other points, but I don't remember where, I read G Greco was part of the Santa Maria di Gesù mamndamento. Maybe I confused with something else. Anyway, thank you for clearing this up
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

I wonder how guys that got made when they were 30 years old or younger acted like, for example Joe D’Amico
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

PolackTony wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:50 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:09 pm

Not anything like an expert on Bumpy Johnson, and I know that he really came up in the policy racket. But didn’t he take a narcotics rap in the 40s? I also believe that he was under investigation for narcotics distribution when he died in the 60s?
Yeah Ike didn’t blow up until the late 60s. Bumpy Johnson had been plugged in by that point. I haven’t seen the show but the series on Showtime apparently makes it seem like Bumpy was getting it from the westside.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Is there any write up on Gennaro Langella?
Jack Dempsey
Associate

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Anyone read the book Max the Butcher from 81?

Max Block union leader,Claims to be a ex boxer but i couldnt find that name on the undercards of Tony Canzoneri fights he said he was on