New Mob Talks

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

the chin 123
On Record

Re: New Mob Talks

Post by the chin 123 »

Cheech wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:37 pm
the chin 123 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:42 pm i just watched pine barrens (again haha ) and yes paulie said there " i'm a fucking captain"
so yeah he is a capo...
Looks like you solved it.
well now we have to find out who is the underboss haha
probebly tony acting boss
sil consigliere
so they don't have #2
the chin 123
On Record

Post by the chin 123 »

probably **
and of course junior as official boss
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

I was being sarcastic. Did you read Wiseguys and B. Post?
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
the chin 123
On Record

Post by the chin 123 »

Cheech wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:59 pm I was being sarcastic. Did you read Wiseguys and B. Post?
no until now...
haha i am sorry
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Cheech wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:04 am
B. wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:19 am Tony says he is giving Paulie a "bump". At this time Tony is the official underboss and Paulie is a captain, which makes the "bump" a promotion to acting underboss or part of a ruling panel, as he says the pecking order will be Tony, then Paulie and Sil "together". This could even mean there is a ruling panel of Tony, Paulie, and Sil, with Tony having the final word. Silvio is already the official consigliere and member of the admin, so at the very least we know Paulie was an acting member of the admin.

Paulie then asks, "What about Big Pussy?", who is a soldier in Paulie's crew, and Tony says Pussy and Furio will report direct to Paulie and Silvio. Who were the other made members of that crew at the time? Paulie's question only makes sense if Pussy was the only active member of Paulie's crew at the time. I don't think they mentioned Gigi and Patsy transferring to Paulie's crew yet at that point but could be wrong.

Later in the same episode we see Paulie having a meeting with Johnny Sack, Furio, and Pussy, and he makes Pussy leave the table so that he can have a private discussion with John and Furio. Usually it's Tony we see conducting business direct with John, so this is a sign that Paulie is now acting on behalf of the administration like the scene with Tony suggested.

Side note, but the fresh street talk had Tony as boss since Jackie Aprile died, but the FBI and Capeci confirmed he was a captain in season 1 and then underboss/street boss for most of the series. I don't think it's ever even confirmed that Tony is official boss in season 6. Maybe Junior still had the official spot until the end of the series. A couple of the old timers were still loyal to him at least. Of course this is just based off of the show, I haven't read those books. Books always have errors anyway.

8-) 8-) 8-)

this is how I perceive it as well.

question though, what books are you referring to?
Oh I'm just fucking around, but I think there are source books about the show where they mention bits of info that aren't on the show.

I'm surprised there aren't any novels about the Sopranos, though. I don't know how they'd sell in 2018, but you'd think they would have published stories that take place before the show timeline.